• ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    YouTube - 2010 Area 8

I will let the results speak for themselves.
    There were a total of 25 Grand Masters in the whole match, 13 of them did not shoot any higher than 90%, and there were several that shot in the 70's and low 80's.
    Todd Jarret finished 3rd GM (3rd overall) in Limited with 7 mikes, I had 8 mikes.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    It was an accuracy match for sure. Todd Jarrett (how's that for name dropping) told me that 2 shooters out of his squad of 16 shooters shot one of the stages clean and that it was too tough a match for the average shooter. He told me that right after I had 5 mikes on my first COF.

Rather disheartening.....

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Although, I did OK on the courses that weren't that demanding of accuracy, fairly normal med and long courses. I got a 7th and 8th on a couple stages. Had some lapses back into senility a couple times on a couple others I would have done well on. Rattled, I think. Lost concentration for sure.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wouldn't say that the stages were lame or bad, but they did require movement, and there were lots of tight shots, and angled shots that had no shoots.

The stages in the videos are in order 1-10.

Stage 1 was fun and I liked it.
    Stage 2, well it is not a classifier, all the targets thru the ports had hard cover on them and let's face it who likes to move and shoot weak hand???
    Stage 3 was a good stage, I screwed the pooch on it with 2 mikes and a no shoot on the clam shell targets that you don't see in the video. The foot pads activated double max traps on either side, that came up at the sametime with a no shoot in front, leaving a little left to shoot at. These were also Classic targets.
    Stage 4 was a good stage, and it was a tough stage, the long targets were at 20 yards with hard cover. It was shot many many many ways, I did it that way because it was 16 shots on one side and 16 shots on the other side and the targets arrays were then the same on either end. Coach figured that out for us.
    Stage 5 was a good stage and even though it was my worst, it was not the stage it was me.
    Stage 6 is just like any other stage you see, same as stage 7. Stage 8 was ok, nothing great, stage 9 with the bridge was ok, the bridge is just there to mess with you. Stage 10 was a good stage, and was fun.

Using the Classic style targets helps you get tighter more difficult shots and visually can mess with shooters that are used to shooting nothing but the regular metric targets.
    They have their place, expect to see them more

It is what you get out of it, I hung in there and shot my match on 8 stages, on the two I tried to push it and shoot outside of my skills I crashed

kch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    jake, i saw videos from stage 4??? with the max traps that i could see them actuate. if those werent super speedy, i dont know what is. the whole match looked like it would be fun to shoot by yourself where no one else would know the 'true' score :D.

the video of the chicky shooting all the targets AFTER she stepped on the footpad was impressive...and not only for the shooting part.:rockwoot:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    jake, i saw videos from stage 4??? with the max traps that i could see them actuate. if those werent super speedy, i dont know what is. the whole match looked like it would be fun to shoot by yourself where no one else would know the 'true' score :D.

the video of the chicky shooting all the targets AFTER she stepped on the footpad was impressive...and not only for the shooting part.:rockwoot:

On the right side I had my hits on both of the max traps. On the left side I had both on the left target.
    On the right targer I pulled a shot low into the no shoot, and missed with the other one aiming high at the top of the exposed target.

It was do'able, I just didn't do it.

High crash and burn factor.

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Let's hear more about Jessie Abbate and her protege, please.
    21 Tori N. 161 A60867 B Production Minor Yes No No No Junior 696.6233 63.12%
    48 Chun-Yu S. 196 A58873 B Production Minor No No No No 526.1582 47.68%

The force is strong with the young padawan. :)

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    21 Tori N. 161 A60867 B Production Minor Yes No No No Junior 696.6233 63.12%
    48 Chun-Yu S. 196 A58873 B Production Minor No No No No 526.1582 47.68%

The force is strong with the young padawan. :)

Things like this is why I think there is hope for you.

Top Bottom