• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Greg, awaiting your review, a die hard Glock guy I am, but I am willing to see what you think?
    We have three Shields, My wifes, and two earmarked for a couple grandkids, I would have no hesitation carrying one.
    I will be most happy to post something. This is way out of character of me to jump so soon, but I have owned two Shields and have been really happy with them.

If all goes well, I'll be at the range Saturday morning and will be running my usual drills. I will run three guns this weekend though for comparison purposes; both Shields and my 2.0 Compact.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Email today

spb.png

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Are they all shipping with 1-10 & 2-13 round mags? My night sight model should be here tomorrow and comes with three. Nice of S&W to do that.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Buds was showing these with the safety in stock at the same price. My finger was hovering over the buy button way too long.
    I checked with them for the non-safety model. They must not have had them in stock long at all. Northwest Armory had them for $515 shipped but were out of stock when I tried to order.

I'm sure they will come down in price...depending on what happens in legislation. That really is what pushed me to get it now.

I bought my last Shield for under $300. Don't know if these will get there, but they should come down some.

This may be the first time I will be upside down on a firearm. Hopefully I like it, lol.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ouch, the PC one is spendy. I realized that I don’t have a decent summer gun now that I went and sold the G27. I sold the P10S last spring to boot. I still have the Sig P938 but that’s the pocket gun and I’d like to pick something up that is smaller and thinner than my normal edc but with a reasonable capacity. The Shield + has me interested as does the P365 and G43X.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ouch, the PC one is spendy. I realized that I don’t have a decent summer gun now that I went and sold the G27. I sold the P10S last spring to boot. I still have the Sig P938 but that’s the pocket gun and I’d like to pick something up that is smaller and thinner than my normal edc but with a reasonable capacity. The Shield + has me interested as does the P365 and G43X.
    If I didn't already have an investment in my 43x such as night sights, trigger, magazines and holsters I probably would have already pulled the trigger on one. I almost came close to doing it though. I had one in the cart but I came to my senses before I hit the order button.

I was tempted. This is one of the few times that I haven't given in (yet)

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If I didn't already have an investment in my 43x such as night sights, trigger, magazines and holsters I probably would have already pulled the trigger on one. I almost came close to doing it though. I had one in the cart but I came to my senses before I hit the order button.

I was tempted. This is one of the few times that I haven't given in (yet)
    It is always tempting to jump on the latest new-fangled widgit. But there will always be something new coming out. If you have the funds and like to try the latest greatest, then that becomes your hobby so to speak. Nothing wrong with that.

For me, I am okay with sticking with something that I know works for me vs looking over the horizon at things that could work.

I'm taking a bit of a chance that I will like the Shield Plus but I like my current Shield so much and after handling the Hellcat and P365, I still prefer the Shield. I am hoping this new one fixes the very minor issues I have with the Shield.

One of my goals in life is to use a firearm so much that it shows significant finish wear. I have yet to achieve that. :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm trying to figure out if I need a summer gun or if thecP10C fits that role. Or, a DW CCO might. Then again, if I wait too long, I may not have that choice to make

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    BTW, I didn't get my pistol today. It was delivered this morning to the gun shop but when I went to pick it up, they were closed. When I called, the answering service said that "something came up" and they had to close the store and the earliest I could get it is Monday. :(

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    BTW, I didn't get my pistol today. It was delivered this morning to the gun shop but when I went to pick it up, they were closed. When I called, the answering service said that "something came up" and they had to close the store and the earliest I could get it is Monday. :(
    I am (almost) as disappointed as you. I saw your post and was hoping for an unboxing review....

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I am (almost) as disappointed as you. I saw your post and was hoping for an unboxing review....
    Yeah, I probably should post something in the thread about how much should you support your local gun shop, lol.

I was going to do more than unbox it. I was going to get a couple hundred rounds downrange. AARGHH!!!!! First world problems. :)

The bummer was that I was thinking about doing that carry match in Riley next weekend, but I wanted to at least test fire it before I went. Of course, that is just an excuse to not go. My current Shield is perfectly capable.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Picked mine up from Top Shot in Evansville. He had a gen 1 Shield in the case. From 5' away they are about identical. The higher capacity is voodoo. Hoping for some range time Saturday but work is shaking its head at me. My boss sucks eggs.

Top Bottom