• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So this is apparently S&W's big announcement for this week a Shield with a capacity of 10 and 13+1 , could not find the listed width of the pistols but assuming it will be competitive with the P365.

I think the flat trigger could definitely be an improvement over the older "hinge" style trigger. I will be interested to see how the RDS mounting system fairs as honestly S&W's garbage plate system has really dissapointed me on the M&P 2.0

Not sure as well what the difference between the 10/13 round magazines are. All of the pistols in the photos appear to be the 13+1 mags to me?

BFLhntth.jpg

Ogqom0Mh.jpg

1jCVvgRh.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I like having the optics ready slide but the one they show in the picture looks like it does not sit anywhere near flush with the edges of the slide. But I have a G43X with MOS on the way. I have the original 9mm Shield along with a 45 version too.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I like having the optics ready slide but the one they show in the picture looks like it does not sit anywhere near flush with the edges of the slide. But I have a G43X with MOS on the way. I have the original 9mm Shield along with a 45 version too.
    It's a low end Crimson Trace unit probably the same size as a RMR / 507 so with a probably 1 inch wide gun not surprised at the overhang. A RMR CC or Holosun 507k would probably mount flush with the slide

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Do we assume that it is wider than the current Shields? How did they up the capacity?The picture of the mag looks like its a double stack tapering into a single stack.

Maybe just grip is wider? It doesn't look like it is in the pictures.

I'll stick with my 8/9 round capacity Shield but this is interesting anyway.

Other than the extra rounds, it doesn't have anything I would want.

And yes, I'm having a good weekend! Just got back from the range where I shot my Shield. Also shot the Compact.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Just an observation. Don't they sort of already have it in the 3.6" compact? The one thing I'd like is a longer gripped shield that takes a full 8 (9mm) or 7 (45) capacity shield without the mag being part of the grip.

But marketing, marketing, and more marketing!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Just an observation. Don't they sort of already have it in the 3.6" compact? The one thing I'd like is a longer gripped shield that takes a full 8 (9mm) or 7 (45) capacity shield without the mag being part of the grip.

But marketing, marketing, and more marketing!
    I agree, I don't like short grips with mag extensions, just make the grip longer.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Is a 10 lb. trigger pull normal for the Shield? That seems really high for a striker fired gun.
    One of the reasons I went with the original 9mm Shield over the Glock 43 was the trigger pull. I rented both and the the Shield was better and not anywhere near 10lbs.

I have measured my 45 Shield at 5.5lbs , a very nice pull for any out of the box defensive pistol. And a crisp pull not the long creepy pull of P365.

Top Bottom