• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It would kinda be like adding a room to a house trailer.....at best.
    Don't know anything about house trailers, so I'll yield to your expertise. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna try to turn over a new leaf, and not respond to your asinine posts anymore. Not because you don't need to be slapped with cold hard facts fairly often, but more because it's getting to the point where I think you have some kind of humiliation fetish and are enjoying this. Upon reflection, I'm kinda creeped out that I'm enabling it.

:):

Have fun pretending that you're better than everyone else because your ego is tied to hardware.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    If anyone is really interested in the new handguns Smith and Wesson is having a "virtual event" on their website from 8-830pm tonight, you can register on their website.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    My 9-round MagGuts setup is why I haven't replaced my Shield.

A S&W answer to the 365 was bound to happen, I suppose. Seems like they're even aping the XL with the longer slide, but no extended grip version.

Kinda reminds me of cell phones. They're big, then they're small, then everyone wants a big screen again, then people discover those are too hard to carry so they get small again. Can't beat the laws of time and space, the ammo has to go somewhere. Wonder exactly how much wider than the standard Shield it's gonna be.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My 9-round MagGuts setup is why I haven't replaced my Shield.

A S&W answer to the 365 was bound to happen, I suppose. Seems like they're even aping the XL with the longer slide, but no extended grip version.

Kinda reminds me of cell phones. They're big, then they're small, then everyone wants a big screen again, then people discover those are too hard to carry so they get small again. Can't beat the laws of time and space, the ammo has to go somewhere. Wonder exactly how much wider than the standard Shield it's gonna be.
    How does that MagGuts setup work for you? Have you had an opportunity to get some rounds through it? I was thinking about getting the +1 version.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    How does that MagGuts setup work for you? Have you had an opportunity to get some rounds through it? I was thinking about getting the +1 version.
    Been carrying with it for a couple years. I do periodic dot tortures to keep up on that gun because it's my EDC, and I always use that mag and fill it to capacity. I have yet to see a failure. 2,000ish rounds through the gun, probably 3/4 of that since installing the +2 in the 7rnd mag. Just guessing, probably 600 rounds through that mag. I know I ran at least 100 through it right after installation to test function, and it was flawless.

Spring tension isn't that robust when loading the first round into the empty mag. No failures yet but at some point I will probably replace the z-spring just due to leaving the mag loaded for a couple years.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Been carrying with it for a couple years. I do periodic dot tortures to keep up on that gun because it's my EDC, and I always use that mag and fill it to capacity. I have yet to see a failure. 2,000ish rounds through the gun, probably 3/4 of that since installing the +2 in the 7rnd mag. Just guessing, probably 600 rounds through that mag. I know I ran at least 100 through it right after installation to test function, and it was flawless.

Spring tension isn't that robust when loading the first round into the empty mag. No failures yet but at some point I will probably replace the z-spring just due to leaving the mag loaded for a couple years.
    Would you recommend the +2 over the +1?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Would you recommend the +2 over the +1?
    +1 is just the follower, +2 is follower plus baseplate.

Combining them on the 7 round mag gives you 9 rounds in a slightly smaller footprint than the factory 8 round mag.

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    So this is apparently S&W's big announcement for this week a Shield with a capacity of 10 and 13+1 , could not find the listed width of the pistols but assuming it will be competitive with the P365.

I think the flat trigger could definitely be an improvement over the older "hinge" style trigger. I will be interested to see how the RDS mounting system fairs as honestly S&W's garbage plate system has really dissapointed me on the M&P 2.0

Not sure as well what the difference between the 10/13 round magazines are. All of the pistols in the photos appear to be the 13+1 mags to me?

BFLhntth.jpg

Ogqom0Mh.jpg

1jCVvgRh.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!
    You nailed it man. Great job on breaking the story.

TheJeff

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    US
    I've always liked the Shield, i'm sure these will sell well. I have measured my 45 Shield at 5.5lbs , a very nice pull for any out of the box defensive pistol. And a crisp pull not the long creepy pull of P365.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Same slide widths as before...right? So existing holsters *should* fit...

Dammit, man. I have a whole damned pile of 8 rd Shield mags. So if I get this pistol, I won't be able to use them. And Shield mags aren't exactly cheap!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Same slide widths as before...right? So existing holsters *should* fit...

Dammit, man. I have a whole damned pile of 8 rd Shield mags. So if I get this pistol, I won't be able to use them. And Shield mags aren't exactly cheap!
    That's okay. You can always sell the extra mags...to me!

I'm not changing, lol.

Edit: darn you Route 45! I watched the video. And I sold so much lately, I have the funds. And I have really liked the two Shields I have owned. Yesterday I was looking at Magguts to add a couple rounds to my current Shield.

I'm not a fan of flat triggers with the blade, but as long as it doesn't tear my finger apart like the CZ P10C did, I can get used to it. I'd probably go ahead and stick an Apex trigger in my 2.0 Compact so they feel the same.

I think I would like the slightly fatter grip. The grip is okay on the current model but always felt a little skinny.

And the slide release is a non-issue for me. My current one was tight, but I can drop it fine now.

So, TF, you can keep your mags, lol. Because I will have plenty of extra mags also when I sell my current Shield. :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom