• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am an M&P fan. Carry the Shield frequently and have others including a sub-compact. Compared to the 3.6" barreled cub-compact, the new Shield Plus is 0.5" shorter in length, 0.4" thinner, 0.38" shorter in height, 5oz lighter but 10 round vs 12 round.

The one minor thing I don't like about the Shield is the grip is fractionally too thin. A Hogue grip cured that. I do not see myself switching but would definitely gone with the Plus if I was starting over.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Don't know anything about house trailers, so I'll yield to your expertise. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna try to turn over a new leaf, and not respond to your asinine posts anymore. Not because you don't need to be slapped with cold hard facts fairly often, but more because it's getting to the point where I think you have some kind of humiliation fetish and are enjoying this. Upon reflection, I'm kinda creeped out that I'm enabling it.

:):

Have fun pretending that you're better than everyone else because your ego is tied to hardware.
    :dunno:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So let's keep in touch who has them and for how much. So far Nagel's has them for $529 but they think they will run out very quickly.

KYGUNCO has them for MSRP.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Not bad and it appears it has both mags. If only it was a non-safety model.

They had the non-safety model for the same price.

I’ve noticed a decent (relatively speaking) amount of SW MP products in stock around here. SW could make a little bit of a splash if they have product shipping in quantity.

I am a long time SW fan but not sure I’ll leave the P365xl platform.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No can do. Must resist the temptation. I have too much invested in a Glock 43x already with aftermarket sights, magazines and holsters.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    They had the non-safety model for the same price.

I’ve noticed a decent (relatively speaking) amount of SW MP products in stock around here. SW could make a little bit of a splash if they have product shipping in quantity.

Darn. I just sent them a message to see if they had one.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Darn. I just sent them a message to see if they had one.

Says they have one.....but we know what that seems to mean today! Maybe...maybe not.

No to derail the thread but I recently picked up a MP 2.0 PC 4.25" gun as my first MP product in a number of years. It has been impressive. That gives me high hopes for the new Shield Plus even if its a little late to market.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Says they have one.....but we know what that seems to mean today! Maybe...maybe not.

No to derail the thread but I recently picked up a MP 2.0 PC 4.25" gun as my first MP product in a number of years. It has been impressive. That gives me high hopes for the new Shield Plus even if its a little late to market.

I have a regular 2.0 Compact 4" barrel. It is quite possibly my favorite pistol. I know I'm done looking for another similar in other brands. I have tried a lot/most of the compact striker fired 9's and the Compact just works for me.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I found it but they charge $15 shipping making it more than the other guys.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Same here. Love the M&P line, but even with the increased capacity of the Shield Plus models, I think I'll stick with my P365. I own a 45 Shield and have owned the 9mm and 40 Shields in the past. The P365 just seems more proportional and better suited for pocket carry. I've always thought that the Shield has kind of a tall slide for a subcompact pistol. Kind of awkward proportions. I much prefer the feel of the P365 for a subcompact, and the feel of my M&P compact for a belt carry gun.

vs1.png

vs2.png

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Same here. Love the M&P line, but even with the increased capacity of the Shield Plus models, I think I'll stick with my P365. I own a 45 Shield and have owned the 9mm and 40 Shields in the past. The P365 just seems more proportional and better suited for pocket carry. I've always thought that the Shield has kind of a tall slide for a subcompact pistol. Kind of awkward proportions. I much prefer the feel of the P365 for a subcompact, and the feel of my M&P compact for a belt carry gun.
    I don't consider my Shield as a pocket gun for sure. I have very few pockets it will fit, especially outside of what I wear to the range.

I don't even carry my Shield IWB. But then again, I'm not sure I can wear anything IWB though today I'm going to try my Shield in my newly acquired Remora holster/sleeve.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm seeing more come online and some already sold out. I'm usually not the type that jumps early.

Do you guys think if I want one, I should move now? Do you think they will keep coming down in price and be available in a few weeks or so?

Do you see the price getting discounted like in the past? Or is this year not going to be the year of nice discounts below MSRP?

KYGUNCO has them for $539, free shipping. USDS in Greenwood/Indy said they would call me next week when they get them in with pricing. I'd like to buy from them if they are close cuz they have always been good to me.

But if the price is going to be marked up over MSRP($553), I'm not interested in that much of a premium.

It's not like I'd sell it. I love my current 2.0 Shield. I would just love this one 3-5 rounds more.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Do you guys think if I want one, I should move now? Do you think they will keep coming down in price and be available in a few weeks or so?

Do you see the price getting discounted like in the past? Or is this year not going to be the year of nice discounts below MSRP?
    Look at the political climate. Does the new Shield hold 10+ rounds? Why yes...yes it does.

I'd buy one now if I wanted one. And a small pile of mags. What's the worse that could happen, they are $50 cheaper in two years? I've spent $150+ on a family dinner at a nice steakhouse, and we all just turned that into poop. :):

I'd rather buy it too soon than possibly not being able to buy it at all because of new mag capacity restrictions being rammed through congress. Think it can't happen? Even some here on INGO voted for it.

Top Bottom