• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Anybody had ant issues with the 13 round mags? I bought 2 when they became available at palmetto. One is fine but the other won't fit more than 11 rounds.
    Have you disassembled the mag? Might be the follower hanging up on something internally.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    A couple of mine wouldn't take 13 rounds at first, but could after they were ran a while. Haven't tested a couple of the new ones enough yet enough to know.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A couple of mine wouldn't take 13 rounds at first, but could after they were ran a while. Haven't tested a couple of the new ones enough yet enough to know.
    Now that you mention that, my original 13 round mag was like that. It took a while to easily take 13 rounds. The new mags have been fine though

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I cannot for the life of me get the base plate off of the 13 rounder. It looks like a button on the bottom like any other mag but I cannot get it to depress. Anyone else taken one apart?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Now that you mention that, my original 13 round mag was like that. It took a while to easily take 13 rounds. The new mags have been fine though
    Mine will take the 13 rounds but the last couple aren't what I would consider easy. And neither is seating the mag easy on a closed slide. :) I haven't purchased additional mags yet. I'm still trying to get used to the Plus in general. I guess my 2.0 is so familiar to me that I tend to gravitate towards it more than the newer Plus.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I am enjoying reading all the comments about the plus, I still carry a gen 1 but will get a optic cut plus when they are available. Not that I plan to carry with an optic mounted just might be fun to play with one one it.

Lefty Red

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    SEMO
    Long time Glock Or Die Glocktard here. Sold my G43X and G48 and picked up a new Shield Plus. And I’m really impressed.

Funny, been looking for Gen1 or 2.0s out there cheap. Figured I would snag a good used one up cheap and carry it. I would be happy with 8+1. But here in Ohio, seems that the Gen1/2.0 are classics now and worth twice what they went for a few years back and the sellers want their tax, gas to and from the pawn shop, and per diem for eats as well! So when I saw a NIB Plus for $499 I jumped on it. Happy I did. Best trigger between it the G43X/48 and better grip angle over the Slim Lines too. Very happy with it. Best shooting these damaged hands have done with a small pistol in a long time.

Can’t say I’m completely over Glocks. Like any abusive relationship, I keep going back. Reason for selling the 43X and 48 was due to them having a black slide. My eyes do not pick up the sights nearly as well as the older silver finished ones that first came out. Found a silver slide G43X and after explaining to the Bengal’s fan that it wasn’t a limited run and really rare and worth way more than MSRP, I did get another one. I like the G 43X, but had to swap out the cheese grater of a trigger and put some Talons on it. Ameriglo Agents really stand out against that lighter slide.

But now looking at the M&P line in a new light. Might try out the Compact in 40 SW and see if that rekindles my affair with the caliber.

Lefty

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    I had mine direct milled for a 507K. After zeroing at 25 yards, I was able to go 12 for 13 on a 10" steel gong at 100 yards, standing. These little pistols will flat out shoot...

I'm also so enamored with this pistol that if S&W put that trigger into the M&P2.0 Compact Optics Ready, I'd pick one up in a heartbeat as a potential G19 killer...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I agree. I’d buy one tomorrow if it had a rail. S&W is really dropping the ball, Especially with newer wml’s like the Streamlight TLR-7 sub that are especially designed for the slim micro carry guns.
    You can add a WML if you really want to:
    112574__68000.1609994216.jpg

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Anyone that knows me knows I favor Glocks and still carry a 19 or a G-45 every day. Recently picked up a ported Plus with an optic and I'm extremely impressed with it. IMHO it would be difficult to improve on it and lack of a rail is not an issue for me. After I get a couple hundred rounds through it I'll probably put it in the rotation since it is a little more concealable that a 19.. It will be the only thing I carry that is "out of the box" without any tweaking.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Anyone that knows me knows I favor Glocks and still carry a 19 or a G-45 every day. Recently picked up a ported Plus with an optic and I'm extremely impressed with it. IMHO it would be difficult to improve on it and lack of a rail is not an issue for me. After I get a couple hundred rounds through it I'll probably put it in the rotation since it is a little more concealable that a 19.. It will be the only thing I carry that is "out of the box" without any tweaking.
    Is it the 4" barrel?

Top Bottom