• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    A couple of mine wouldn't take 13 rounds at first, but could after they were ran a while. Haven't tested a couple of the new ones enough yet enough to know.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A couple of mine wouldn't take 13 rounds at first, but could after they were ran a while. Haven't tested a couple of the new ones enough yet enough to know.
    Now that you mention that, my original 13 round mag was like that. It took a while to easily take 13 rounds. The new mags have been fine though

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I cannot for the life of me get the base plate off of the 13 rounder. It looks like a button on the bottom like any other mag but I cannot get it to depress. Anyone else taken one apart?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Now that you mention that, my original 13 round mag was like that. It took a while to easily take 13 rounds. The new mags have been fine though
    Mine will take the 13 rounds but the last couple aren't what I would consider easy. And neither is seating the mag easy on a closed slide. :) I haven't purchased additional mags yet. I'm still trying to get used to the Plus in general. I guess my 2.0 is so familiar to me that I tend to gravitate towards it more than the newer Plus.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I am enjoying reading all the comments about the plus, I still carry a gen 1 but will get a optic cut plus when they are available. Not that I plan to carry with an optic mounted just might be fun to play with one one it.

Lefty Red

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    WCH OHIO
    Long time Glock Or Die Glocktard here. Sold my G43X and G48 and picked up a new Shield Plus. And I’m really impressed.

Funny, been looking for Gen1 or 2.0s out there cheap. Figured I would snag a good used one up cheap and carry it. I would be happy with 8+1. But here in Ohio, seems that the Gen1/2.0 are classics now and worth twice what they went for a few years back and the sellers want their tax, gas to and from the pawn shop, and per diem for eats as well! So when I saw a NIB Plus for $499 I jumped on it. Happy I did. Best trigger between it the G43X/48 and better grip angle over the Slim Lines too. Very happy with it. Best shooting these damaged hands have done with a small pistol in a long time.

Can’t say I’m completely over Glocks. Like any abusive relationship, I keep going back. Reason for selling the 43X and 48 was due to them having a black slide. My eyes do not pick up the sights nearly as well as the older silver finished ones that first came out. Found a silver slide G43X and after explaining to the Bengal’s fan that it wasn’t a limited run and really rare and worth way more than MSRP, I did get another one. I like the G 43X, but had to swap out the cheese grater of a trigger and put some Talons on it. Ameriglo Agents really stand out against that lighter slide.

But now looking at the M&P line in a new light. Might try out the Compact in 40 SW and see if that rekindles my affair with the caliber.

Lefty

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    I had mine direct milled for a 507K. After zeroing at 25 yards, I was able to go 12 for 13 on a 10" steel gong at 100 yards, standing. These little pistols will flat out shoot...

I'm also so enamored with this pistol that if S&W put that trigger into the M&P2.0 Compact Optics Ready, I'd pick one up in a heartbeat as a potential G19 killer...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I agree. I’d buy one tomorrow if it had a rail. S&W is really dropping the ball, Especially with newer wml’s like the Streamlight TLR-7 sub that are especially designed for the slim micro carry guns.
    You can add a WML if you really want to:
    112574__68000.1609994216.jpg

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Anyone that knows me knows I favor Glocks and still carry a 19 or a G-45 every day. Recently picked up a ported Plus with an optic and I'm extremely impressed with it. IMHO it would be difficult to improve on it and lack of a rail is not an issue for me. After I get a couple hundred rounds through it I'll probably put it in the rotation since it is a little more concealable that a 19.. It will be the only thing I carry that is "out of the box" without any tweaking.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Anyone that knows me knows I favor Glocks and still carry a 19 or a G-45 every day. Recently picked up a ported Plus with an optic and I'm extremely impressed with it. IMHO it would be difficult to improve on it and lack of a rail is not an issue for me. After I get a couple hundred rounds through it I'll probably put it in the rotation since it is a little more concealable that a 19.. It will be the only thing I carry that is "out of the box" without any tweaking.
    Is it the 4" barrel?

Top Bottom