• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oh and sorry Greg, but yes, we're meeting for breakfast tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel and you're always welcome ;)
    We are back at the old place now and are meeting at 8am instead of 7am. IIRC, last time that you joined us, we were at Dennys. We've moved back from Dennys to the original place

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Finally put a few rounds through mine. Shot maybe 50 rounds with 50 through my Gen 1 Shield which wears a Hogue slip on grip. The new texture helps with maintaining my grip very well to the point I will leave it as is, no future rubber sleeve. Trigger is EXCELLENT! I have a partial Apex upgrade in my gen 1 and it pales in comparison. Group size with the Plus was half of that of the Gen 1.

So the Shield Gen 1 will become a backup possibly, maybe the new bathroom gun.
    OK, I'm impressed. You know that someone has their carry routine down pat when they have a specific firearm for EDC depending on what room they are in

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We are back at the old place now and are meeting at 8am instead of 7am. IIRC, last time that you joined us, we were at Dennys. We've moved back from Dennys to the original place
    Actually the last time I came we were at the old place. It was nice to be back there! Not sure if I can make it. I was planning on going out to Riley for a Steel Challenge mini primer(?) and it starts at 1 PM. It will be tight timing wise to do both.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Mine is a perfect fit in a Kramer OWB made for a Glock 27

I ended up ordering the same Safariland holster to use while I research something different. I don't really want to spend Kramer $$ though, if I can avoid it... :):

The Ronin holster I carry my P10C in also has a Shield Plus version. Might have to order one of those. I wonder if AllenM could cut the slide for me to fit a red dot?

Actually the last time I came we were at the old place. It was nice to be back there! Not sure if I can make it. I was planning on going out to Riley for a Steel Challenge mini primer(?) and it starts at 1 PM. It will be tight timing wise to do both.

Well, if not tomorrow, another Saturday then.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    OK, I'm impressed. You know that someone has their carry routine down pat when they have a specific firearm for EDC depending on what room they are in
    There was a story not too long ago, less than a year I think, which was about a guy who heard noises while in the shower. He was quoted as saying "I grabbed my bathroom gun and investigated". Turns out he was able to chase off some home invaders or something.

ETA: found it https://pluralist.com/richard-winegardner-shower-gun/

The thing is, most everyone reading that story probably thought "wow, that guy is paranoid". Gun folk reading it thought "yeah, I do need a bathroom gun". :lmfao:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I ended up ordering the same Safariland holster to use while I research something different. I don't really want to spend Kramer $$ though, if I can avoid it... :):

The Ronin holster I carry my P10C in also has a Shield Plus version. Might have to order one of those. I wonder if AllenM could cut the slide for me to fit a red dot?

Well, if not tomorrow, another Saturday then.
    I'll text you

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Looking this or the shield ez for my wife.. moving up from a sr22 for her. Let you know what we end up with. She’s excited about moving up. We’ve let her shoot a Glock 19 a xds and a a few other 9’s. Thanks for all the information!

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Stopped by RK in Greenwood was surprised at the amount of hand guns in display case. And yes they had the Shield plus w/with out safety. I handled both and I have carried a Gen 1 Shield for years and other than the grip texture of the plus there is very little difference. I will own a plus w/out safety when they get below MSRP.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Stopped by RK in Greenwood was surprised at the amount of hand guns in display case. And yes they had the Shield plus w/with out safety. I handled both and I have carried a Gen 1 Shield for years and other than the grip texture of the plus there is very little difference. I will own a plus w/out safety when they get below MSRP.
    I can't remember what MSRP is($549?), but I saw them for $519 on some ad over the weekend.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I can't remember what MSRP is($549?), but I saw them for $519 on some ad over the weekend.
    Saw them for $459 recently online. Tax but free shipping.

Top Bottom