• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    this is not to detract from the good dr or minimalize his message.

mlk only taught one side of equality. he was (maybe unknowingly, maybe not) laying the foundation for "minorities to rely on someone, anyone else to fix the problems in this country. there was no strong component for blacks to be self sufficient and sel aware.

his message was very powerful but only a small part of the fix.

Agreed. I only use the phrase because it's the truth. I subtract it from anything else said to relieve it of context. We need to merge the "judge people by the content of their character" and "Love thy neighbor" to the point where race, gender, etc doesn't matter. I think we've come a great deal towards that ideal, but we have this segment of people who want to destroy this country who are very vocal about stirring everyone up and putting us all back in our separate categories and at each others throats.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Agreed. I only use the phrase because it's the truth. I subtract it from anything else said to relieve it of context. We need to merge the "judge people by the content of their character" and "Love thy neighbor" to the point where race, gender, etc doesn't matter. I think we've come a great deal towards that ideal, but we have this segment of people who want to destroy this country who are very vocal about stirring everyone up and putting us all back in our separate categories and at each others throats.
    i understood exactly where you are going with it. sometime i feel i have to add another facet to things so people can see that the problems faced by blacks have evovled beyond nneding to be recogniised as equals. as black people we need to realize for ourselves that we are only due equal oppurtunity.

when slavery was leagally ended, former slaves were promised certain things (40 acres & a mule)

the blm & crt orginisations are only focused on getting that mule. they actively deny that that promise was fufilled with something greater. oppurtunity.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    i understood exactly where you are going with it. sometime i feel i have to add another facet to things so people can see that the problems faced by blacks have evovled beyond nneding to be recogniised as equals. as black people we need to realize for ourselves that we are only due equal oppurtunity.

when slavery was leagally ended, former slaves were promised certain things (40 acres & a mule)

the blm & crt orginisations are only focused on getting that mule. they actively deny that that promise was fufilled with something greater. oppurtunity.

Yeah, the reparations crowd always make me sad. Your great, great grandparents (or so) were promised something that didn't materialize and now you think you deserve something because of that? We've had the welfare state for how long now? The one thing I always come back to is, if your ancestor hadn't been brought here as a slave, you personally would not have the opportunities you do. You would be living in Africa which by and large doesn't offer anywhere near the same level of opportunities.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, the reparations crowd always make me sad. Your great, great grandparents (or so) were promised something that didn't materialize and now you think you deserve something because of that? We've had the welfare state for how long now? The one thing I always come back to is, if your ancestor hadn't been brought here as a slave, you personally would not have the opportunities you do. You would be living in Africa which by and large doesn't offer anywhere near the same level of opportunities.
    Wait what? Surely you're not giving us the "You should be happy your ancestors were enslaved" trope. Really?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    BLM/SJWokeness and intolerance on college campuses demand that white people (especially conservatives) shut up and acknowledge their white privilege and try to shame them into white guilt for past history and they use CRT as the basis to justify their divisive activism.

They aren't seeking equality. They go way beyond that. They want white people to become subservient to their intolerance.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What will bring about the end of inequity?
    I don't know.

I do know it can't be solved by government, or blaming another race, or tearing down statues in an effort to forcibly remove anything offensive, or casting all of your life's problems at the feet of racism.

It can't be fixed by fighting, cancelling, calling people racist, or routing & looting.

It can't be fixed by white saviors, or by getting rid of the white devil.

It can't be fixed by throwing money at the problem, or elevating minorities to a position of power where they can step on whitey.

I'd say the answer is time, the last 20% takes 80% of the time. But to pretend it doesn't exist is probably the worst thing.

Of course, as a Christian, my answer is to model the love of Christ, but looking at the SBC, I'm disheartened... But that's for another thread.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    that is what "woke" culture is all about.

because the problems in my hood today are problems only my community can fix. sure crack & heroin & gun violence were "introduced" to the hood. but after 40+ years of seeing the destruction it caused and is still causing we do nothing to stop it. in fact we encourage it by claiming it as "black culture".
    our children are taught by us to respect the pimp, the pusher, and the banger. at the same time we mock & ridicule the black people who work everyday and use oppurtunities promised by this country to further our family.

as i've said many times before, the fix for our problems start at home. it is not the responsibility for someone sitting in an office 900 miles away to teach my children to be good & morally conscience people. your law telling me that i deserve "free" whatever will not make my "oppurtunity" equal.
    Your "we," is different from my "we." In my "we," we don't call drugs and violence "Black culture." In my "we," we do not respect the pimp, pusher, banger, nor ridicule those that work. It's troubling to me, that you see those things as part and parcel of what the "Black community" is.

If your beliefs, concerning the Black community, are accurate, then that's not a problem that will ever be able to be solved. I believe that belief is incorrect. My contention, is that the "community," you speak of, isn't confined solely to "Black," it's confined to American... and you stated earlier, that's exactly how you view yourself primarily... an American that happens to be Black. It that's truly how you view yourself, then social problems are American problems, and should be in the interest of everyone.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What will bring about the end of inequity?
    Nobody knows, but it will endure at least as long as people refuse to acknowledge it exists. I also think you can blame why "wokeness" has fallen off the deep end. When people don't listen to rational talk, people scream irrational.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Your "we," is different from my "we." In my "we," we don't call drugs and violence "Black culture." In my "we," we do not respect the pimp, pusher, banger, nor ridicule those that work. It's troubling to me, that you see those things as part and parcel of what the "Black community" is.

If your beliefs, concerning the Black community, are accurate, then that's not a problem that will ever be able to be solved. I believe that belief is incorrect. My contention, is that the "community," you speak of, isn't confined solely to "Black," it's confined to American... and you stated earlier, that's exactly how you view yourself primarily... an American that happens to be Black. It that's truly how you view yourself, then social problems are American problems, and should be in the interest of everyone.
    i think you misunderstood the "we" in my statement.

i'm speaking on the segment of the population that, in order to continue and escalate the degredation of of black people as a whole, they want to force their version of "black culture" on the rest of the world.

how often do you see blacks in the media and positions of power tell young black men to pull their pants up, learn something other than a victim mentality, or stop waiting for their rap career to take off? very rarely. all of the things i mentioned are pushed on us (all of us) as black culture.

and the specific "we" i speak of are those among of who say it's wrong to destroy our neighborhoods, disrespect ourselves, and neglect our families to everyone but the ones who need to hear it.

if "we" as parents don't actively teach our children, then "we" are propogating the problems in our hoods. if "we" stand by and let the pushers & pimps do what they will, then "we" encouraging it.

when "we" become the agent of change in our neighborhoods, then we can show the rest of the world what "black culture" is really about.

are you familiar with The Last Poets?

they had a poem in the early 70's that express exactly what is wrong within the black community. it is just as relevant then as it is now.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Nobody knows, but it will endure at least as long as people refuse to acknowledge it exists. I also think you can blame why "wokeness" has fallen off the deep end. When people don't listen to rational talk, people scream irrational.
    What is your definition of acknowledging? Is it the demand that white people acknowledge their white privilege and accept white guilt for past history?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Who is refusing to say it exists? Racism clearly exists, how else could it be a white person's fault when a black person beats the **** out of an Asian? (Ok, I'm joking but the idiot from that article wasn't)

Blaming racism for the current issues within the black community in this country is a cop-out. Yes there have been struggles in the past but as I've said about CRT, what is the point in spending all of our energy attempting to convince people that the race issues we had in the 1920's in Mississippi have now spread all over the entire country and blacks don't have a chance is utter nonsense.

How the media and Hollywood have portrayed blacks since the 80's is very largely responsible for how the ignorant view all blacks in this country. There was a time when the dreams, goals and desires of most black families were little different than those of white people; Have a family, provide for that family and raise good hearted people who will contribute and do even better for their kids. Those are the blacks that I grew up with and that I served/worked with in the Army and as a LEO.

Who is responsible for the issues within the black community? I'll give you a hint, it isn't the conservative white people. The Democrat entitlement policies have succeeded in splitting up the family unit, rewarding single motherhood while the media, Hollywood and the music industry has done their damndest to convince everyone that all black males are thugs and all black females are welfare sucking baby factories. Some in the black community are guilty of embracing these as simply "black culture" when it isn't, at least it didn't used to be. Just like wearing a Confederate flag shirt, smoking meth and living in a trailer park isn't "white culture" but that's what an awful lot of people believe when they think of rural America. The squeaky wheels always get the grease and everything else basically gets ignored.

Human nature = watch a video of an ******* cop and all cops are ******* for awhile. Watch a news story about a young black male gangbanger shooting and killing a kid and all young black males are gangbangers and potential murderers for awhile. Some white dipshit with an AR15 goes on a pathetic rampage and kills people and all white male gun owners are potential mass shooters for awhile. People don't forget these things and as time goes on and people are constantly exposed to the negative side of everyone else pretty soon the only people we don't want to avoid are people who look, act, talk and dress like just like us. The idiots out there claiming this isn't the case are liars and hiding behind how "woke" they are.

None of that changes the fact that in this country, if you put some effort in to being a responsible, mature, productive adult you can find success. If you choose not to do those things and instead take the easy road and become sort sort of scumbag, you have no right to complain that your life isn't easy or to blame anyone but yourself. Success is out there for just about everyone but to find it you must make the right decisions.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What is your definition of acknowledging? Is it the demand that white people acknowledge their white privilege and accept white guilt for past history?
    You shouldn't demand anything from anybody. How and when that someone acknowledges something, should be on their own terms.

Top Bottom