• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I grew up with none of the things you are speaking on. The bad things you're call "Black culture," isn't that at all. It's simply "bad culture," and no one is exempt from it. But you knew that because you specifically pointed out "all of the things i mentioned are pushed on us (all of us) as black culture." I appreciated that.
    My problem, with how you framed your post, is that there seem as if you have the expectation that the "Black community," should address those issues because they are "Black issues." Well, unless there is a belief that Blackness includes some sort of genetic flaw that makes us prone to issues, then it's not a "Black issue," It's a community issue. Issues that communities all across the nation have, melanin content varying.

Okay, let's look at one "culture" issue. What attitudes are different in "Black culture" vs "White culture" that cause 65% of black children to live in single-parent homes? Is that cultural? Or is it something else? Is it racism?

What attitudes are different in "White culture" vs "Black culture" that causes 75% of white children to live in two-parent homes? Is that a fair question? Is that something that only black individuals can solve? How do white people fix that? I think it takes individuals to fix that.

That's how I took grillak's thoughts.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, extrapolating what you thing CRT-ists are, and assigning a belief system to them. I won’t say there aren’t people like that, because that would be false, but you’re generalizing people who don’t believe such.
    The prominent CRT advocates today say that stuff. It's in their books, it's in the articles they write. It's in their social media posts. Have you read their ****? If you don't see it it's not because I'm imagining it. It's because you're not seeing it. This is why your reductive explanations make me wonder.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    THANK YOU!!

it is not the white man from 150 yrs ago fault as to why i won't get a job, an education today!
    Yep. This is a self made man that worked hard to get where he's at and did'nt just give up because he was told that he could'nt achieve anything because the white man was oppressing him.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One thing about his story though. He persevered to make it to where he is even though disadvantaged. Disadvantage acts like a filter. Some exceptions get through. He is evidence that the disadvantages can’t prevent everyone from making it. Statistically more people are likely to be successful if they’re raised in a stable home with two parents. He defied that, but not everyone will.

Just like a filter, if we open it up, more people than otherwise would make it. And that’s the importance of equal opportunity. So that not just the exceptional people can be success. Success should be the average. That’s part if the American dream.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Sadly, it appears as though we might as well eliminate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. It certainly appears that the current trend in civil rights is to dismiss nearly everything he said and believed in. Maybe we should cancel the word "civil" in civil rights, because there is nothing civil in the movement. There is no open dialogue, just finger pointing and demands. I cannot understand exactly what reasonable goals the current movement wants to achieve. Once they are clearly defined, sensible and reasonable solutions can start to be hammered out. If the goals are unreasonable there will likely be no possible meeting of the minds.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sadly, it appears as though we might as well eliminate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. It certainly appears that the current trend in civil rights is to dismiss nearly everything he said and believed in. Maybe we should cancel the word "civil" in civil rights, because there is nothing civil in the movement. There is no open dialogue, just finger pointing and demands. I cannot understand exactly what reasonable goals the current movement wants to achieve. Once they are clearly defined, sensible and reasonable solutions can start to be hammered out. If the goals are unreasonable there will likely be no possible meeting of the minds.
    CRT does not agree with MLK. It came about as a criticism of what was gained in the civil rights era.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    the current movements are looking for reparations, stimmies, food stamps, welfare...anything that absolves them of responsibilty.

they don't want anything to do with the message of mlk or any other leader, black or otherwise, that starts them on a path of self sufficiency.

look at the past 10 or so years. the enemy has pushed everything evil & impure in our faces to replace what is just & wholesome. earlier in this thread gregr posted something that even if you're not a christian, you should heed it. it is good common sense.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Okay, let's look at one "culture" issue. What attitudes are different in "Black culture" vs "White culture" that cause 65% of black children to live in single-parent homes? Is that cultural? Or is it something else? Is it racism?

What attitudes are different in "White culture" vs "Black culture" that causes 75% of white children to live in two-parent homes? Is that a fair question? Is that something that only black individuals can solve? How do white people fix that? I think it takes individuals to fix that.

That's how I took grillak's thoughts.
    Is it fair question? IDK. With the exception of the “Model Minority,” why are single parent households of minorities all higher than White households? What’s the economic breakdown between those groups, and the rates of single parents with in that grouping? You’re choosing to focus on race, and only race. Full stop. So is it fair to point at melanin content and thus imply that there’s an inherent flaw in darker skinned people?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The prominent CRT advocates today say that stuff. It's in their books, it's in the articles they write. It's in their social media posts. Have you read their ****? If you don't see it it's not because I'm imagining it. It's because you're not seeing it. This is why your reductive explanations make me wonder.
    Again, I’m going to ask you to cite the things you’re talking about. I’ve asked repeatedly, and got nothing. I have, since this thread started, taken more than a cursory look at CRT, and have not yet found a source that states that White people are evil, nor that they must feel guilty.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Is it fair question? IDK. With the exception of the “Model Minority,” why are single parent households of minorities all higher than White households? What’s the economic breakdown between those groups, and the rates of single parents with in that grouping? You’re choosing to focus on race, and only race. Full stop. So is it fair to point at melanin content and thus imply that there’s an inherent flaw in darker skinned people?
    uhhh...i believe the reason we are focusing on race because this is a race related discussion.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I don't know but CRT says it's due to racism.
    and it really was based in racism. but back in the 60's

when public assistance was first introduced as a way of life and not short term help, segments if the population started taking advantage of it. looking at it as a way to get over.

the agencies in charge of distributing the assistance put restrictions on recieving help. there could not be an able bodied man in the household. to ensure that rule was followed they would come to the house at anytime day or night to check.

so many men left the household so that the family could recieve the assistance. they never returned because black women were told that they no longer needed the black father in the house. a lot of these black "men" saw it as a n escape from their responsibilities.

but like the introduction of dope & guns in the black communities, we see where the problem started. why do we perpetuate it today?

that again does not fall on the white man.

Top Bottom