• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    At the risk of this being quickly locked, I wanted to post this. I get so confused about people still belaboring this issue when it's done, buried ancient history. I had posted it in another thread and then realized I didn't want that thread derailed because of me, so here goes:

Some people get so caught up in the whole US slavery issue that they can't see anything else. We were one of the first, if not the first, Western country to completely do away with slavery. I love listening to Thomas Sowell speak on the subject, as he reminds everyone that every single civilization has had slavery and almost everyone in the world had an ancestor that was at one time a slave. Also try to be mindful of the fact that African tribes warred with each other constantly. The winners took the surviving losers as slaves. They'd done that since the beginning of time. When the Dutch slavers came along, those African kings found they could sell those slaves and did so with no moral issues whatsoever. That's how we got African slaves in America. They were sold into slavery by other blacks. While it doesn't excuse the fact that the founders of our country kept slaves, it's important to note three things. First, it was a very small minority who kept slaves (under 10% if I'm remembering correctly). Also, there were plenty of black slave owners, as well as white slave owners. Finally, our founders realized the evils of slavery and put into effect a process to free those slaves. We went through a lot in order to do so, from the civil war all the way through the civil rights act. Until Obummer became the lame dick president he was, we had all realized we had come pretty far. Then that "Great Uniter" did everything he could to tear us apart.

Again, I'm not excusing the evils of slavery, nor the heinous acts of racism that were at times rampant in this country. What I am saying is that we freed the slaves over 100 years ago and we gave full rights to black citizens over, what, 50 years ago? Yes, there are still issues which need to be sorted out. Continuing to act like there are racist acts everywhere is just playing the victim. There are so few overt racist acts that we now have people (ala Jussie Smullet) who make :poop: up because they can't even find examples. I'm not saying there aren't racists, there are. They are in every race. I see more examples by people of color than I do any other race. If you are believing the lies of the Left, I feel sorry for you but you are a willing tool used to cause conflict in our country. Yes, blacks can be racist. To deny that is to deny reality. No, you don't get a clear conscious to be racist pieces of :poop: just because an ancestor 100 years ago endured slavery. That's a ridiculous thought. YOU were never a slave. NO white person alive ever owned slaves. If you can't understand that and move on, our country will never heal.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    meanwhile, the general population: America invented slavery, America was built on the backs of slaves, death to America

https://www.thecollegefix.com/college-students-think-america-invented-slavery-professor-finds/

I get so confused about people still belaboring this issue when it's done, buried ancient history.
    This is a coordinated push by media, by academia, by the political class all acting in concert. Part of a pattern that includes making violent criminals into saints, classifying whiteness as a parasitic mental condition, and a bunch of other things. What's so confusing about it? We're in the middle of an information war that aims to destroy American culture and reduce the nation to dust.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Oh boy.......:popcorn:

Lets not get any time outs in this one OK fellas.

Will do my best. Had to get that off my chest. I hate the lies surrounding this and the constant victimhood it represents. The problem is people are myopic. They tend to see things from their perspective and no other. Too many blacks who have been purposefully fed lies and pumped up over this, there is no way past this until we tear down our society and build it back up. No idea how that's supposed to work or make things better. Maybe do like South Africa, where blacks now get to treat white people badly and/or kill them due to how they were treated by whites in the past? You know, different white people and different black people, but that's all okay right? Because racism, or something.

I wish every person of color could be white for a day and see how much hatred and outright racism we deal with every day that is accepted and explained away as being justified. I had nothing to do with slavery and neither has any of my relatives going back to at least my great grandfather. I feel bad that people were slaves back when, but as I had nothing to do with it I don't feel at all responsible for it and don't feel like I need to make up for it. I treat everyone based on what they do and how they treat me and mine, not by their color, race, religion or sex. Would that everyone would do so.

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    During the Iraq / Kuwait war, I was working in a very affluent area of Orlando Florida. Many of the very wealthy Kuwaiti families came there to wait out the war while we risked our lives and treasure to fight their war. I met 2 different families that brought the whole households, including their slaves to America. Our government had to know they were slaves, to allow them into our country. The oddest part was that when one of the family kids misbehaved, they beat the kid's slave's' butt. I was astounded that each kid had their own slave. When I tried to tell the local police, they just told me "diplomatic Immunity". I see in the news every day stories about slave labor in Bangladesh, Thailand, Cambodia,North Korea, and....CHINA! Going on today as we speak. These are Arabs and East Asians. I see Mogodishu and Somalia, and a dozen other African countries have slaves. Americans, Black, White and every other color, should unite to end these ongoing slave trades. Instead of arguing about slavery past, we need to argue about slavery present. Stop promoting sneakers made by slaves. Made in China really means Made by Slaves. Why wear a sweater that cost you $100.00 and cost the manufacturer 35 cents? Do you think it wasn't made with slave labor? That's the conversation we need to be having, not this government inspired divisive drivel. There are no jobs blacks can't have or have had in America today. From president, general, CEO on down. There will always be biases among individuals, always will be. Get past it and lets free todays slaves for a better tomorrow. Free Mongolia, Free Tibet, Free Nepal, Free the Uygurs. Free America from this 200 year old arguement that has been settled as well as it can be without changing the past. There just seems to be too much money in keeping the argument alive.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Old news. A war was fought over this and a lot of Americans died to settle the right or wrong of slavery. Slavery today, what my son sees in Atlanta, is called human trafficking. It's almost always either Asian or Hispanic women.

Catch, prosecute and punish the modern slavers, the rest of it today is a money hustle.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There is not good argument to teach CRT in schools. It is at its very core a racist doctrine.
    I have not understood that to be true. The theory is on solid ground, as I understand it, and not something I would call racist. Perhaps we have different understandings of what it is. And I misspoke. I don't think CRT should be taught in primary or secondary schools.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Some things that are true and worth saying in the vein of this thread: Slavery isn't uniquely race based. It hystocrically hasn't been. Formerly nations that defeated other nations mad slaves of the conquered people. The African slave trade came about because slavers, including Africans, subdued other Africans and sold them as slaves. It became a racial component in slavery because Africans became the most traded slave product. And Euoropeans, because African slaves looked so different from themselves, could forgive their consciences because they could convince themselves that Africans were less human.

The West's participation in slavery is not an indictment of Western values though. The West abolished slavery before most of the world did.

But, some things that should be amended in the OP: We were not the first Western contry to completely do away with slavery. Denmark-Norway was (1803). Great Britain did it in 1807. We weren't even the first in the Western Hemisphere. Haiti did it in 1804 shortly after its independance. Many other countries abolished slavery before the US did, and only with a stroke of pen. It took six more decades and a civil war to wrest the institution of slavery from the people who wanted to keep it here. That said, I'm not gonna give GB a total pass because they abolished it so long before the US. They depended on import of goods made from slave hands. They didn't act like they were all that eager for us to join them.

Also, to the idea that there were Black slave owners in the US, yes ,there were. But it was primarily Blacks who had been freed that owned slaves. They bought their own friends and relatives. Not to be slaves, but so that they could be reunited and so they wouldn't be slaves to other men.

But the point that we need to put the issue of slavery behind us is true. No one wants the return of slavery, except, perhaps some of the same people who are pushing CRT seem to want to flip the hierarchy. Not even white nationalists want to bring back slavery. They just think nations should be segregated, which, odly, some of the CRT pushers seem to agree. There still is racism, but nothing like what we had 100 years ago. Much progress has been made but the people pushing CRT don't seem to want to end racism. It's why we call them race baiters, because they their demand for real ass racism excedes the supply. So then they make **** up.

Top Bottom