• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you two have pretty much explained your reasons for your opposition to CRT. It’s not so really an opposition to the idea, but how it’s taught. CRT is essentially “history,” but calling it CRT is off putting; we which I completely understand. The fear isn’t the historical facts concerning, but potential for woke activist educators corrupting the idea with their own opinions.
    Like I’ve said, CRT is more than just what you’re describing. I think it is true that the label has become the symbol for everything that people see is going wrong with the left/wokeness. But wokeness also has CRT at its root. So they’re still kinda right. Cancel culture isn’t CRT per se. But it sprang from the same source, for example.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The sentiment it the same - "Look, we ended slavery, so it's all good now. Let's call it squaresie and just say things are now even steven. If your community is having problems with inequality, then that's your problem."

What will bring about the end of inequity?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    my life has been threatened by black people for saying the exact same thing.
    Wow. It’s a terrible thing for people to want to kill someone for the color of their skin, and I don’t think it’s any less terrible to kill merely for having ideas contrary to their own. If I have the same ideas as you, I’m viewed by the radical left as a racist. But you’re treated as a traitor. Be careful out there.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    So for people who actually appreciate what this country has to offer there is not only no benefit, but by teaching it we are raising a generation which looks to destroy everything we appreciate about this country.
    as a black man i love this country. as an american i love this country. as an american who is black...i love the theory of this country.

i am the first to point out the problems in this country. i am also the first to point out the greatness of this country. on paper this is the greatest country. in practice, this country has issues. the ONLY way to solve the problems we, as americans live, is to see ourselves for ourselves and acknowledge that we are really the same. americans.

i don't need white people to feel sorry for me because i'm black. "minorities" today want to lay a guilt trip on ANYONE who doesn't agree that white people owe "us" anything other than oppurtunity. they beg, yes beg, for funding to build monuments to racists, yet demand that whites tear down any SYMBOL they deem to be racist.

as an american who happens to be black i have no problem with a statue, a flag, a book that is part of this country's history. i do not want the history of this country demolished and swept under a rug. i need for everyone to be able to learn where this country has come from, what is has benn through, and what it can achieve by learning it's history.

when they fly the pride, blm, mexican, african, or any other flag before or instead of the american flag, they negate every good thing this country strives to be. yet we have the leaders of this country agreeing to disrespect the very thing they took an oath to protect for the sake of a vote.

on the narrow scale some of us have failed our families and to cover it up (deny our duty of self-responsibilty), we seek to change the foundation of this country.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    The sentiment it the same - "Look, we ended slavery, so it's all good now. Let's call it squaresie and just say things are now even steven. If your community is having problems with inequality, then that's your problem."
    that is what "woke" culture is all about.

because the problems in my hood today are problems only my community can fix. sure crack & heroin & gun violence were "introduced" to the hood. but after 40+ years of seeing the destruction it caused and is still causing we do nothing to stop it. in fact we encourage it by claiming it as "black culture".
    our children are taught by us to respect the pimp, the pusher, and the banger. at the same time we mock & ridicule the black people who work everyday and use oppurtunities promised by this country to further our family.

as i've said many times before, the fix for our problems start at home. it is not the responsibility for someone sitting in an office 900 miles away to teach my children to be good & morally conscience people. your law telling me that i deserve "free" whatever will not make my "oppurtunity" equal.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Wow. It’s a terrible thing for people to want to kill someone for the color of their skin, and I don’t think it’s any less terrible to kill merely for having ideas contrary to their own. If I have the same ideas as you, I’m viewed by the radical left as a racist. But you’re treated as a traitor. Be careful out there.
    can you dig it? lol

i had a conversation the other day about racism. i explained that i have never been physically attacked by any white person because of my color. but i have been physically attacked by blacks because of my ideals.

when the floyd operation took place...i was the only black man to say he brought it on himself. some "people" (i use the quotation marks to indicate euphimism) threatened to shoot me. i said you better shoot me in the back. a few months ago i was shot in the back lmao. (i do believe i was NOT the intended recipient of that bullet...but dam!).

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    What comes next?

Say the country caves in and CRT is everywhere and accepted as gospel, then what? What is the desired outcome? What is the intended benefit? Does CRT include any solutions or is it simply a new way of pointing out that bad things happened in the past? Just the latest clever topic to divide the nation?
    I seem to recall a fairly insightful person who said that he only wished for a day and time in America, when everyone was judged NOT by the color of their skin, but only by the content of their character. I don`t see in that sentiment where the door was left open for further division and resentment against those who are willing, and presently living in that way.

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    and here it is....

crt is another tool used by the modern slave handlers to keep "minorities" focused on being victims. to keep us waiting for "master" to fix OUR problem. to ensure that we acknowledge that we NEED them to save us from ourselves.

slavery in america was the first and only time in modern history that it was implemented to the degree that it was. there was a calculated efforted to totally destroy, not just enslave, a certain race. it erased the history, culture, and religion of an entire population very effectively. it WAS NOT carried or supported out by all white people. it was a small percentage then and a small percentage now.

slavery never went away. it just changed from purely physical to mostly psychological. it went from whips, dogs, cotton fields, slaves masters, and the kkk to foodstamps, sec 8, blm, crt, dope, and thug culture.

in other words. the slave master has made slavery appealing to "minorities". therefore we as "minorities" want to be 21st century slaves. we no longer want the resposibility of self so we blame white people and beg them to fix our problems. our problems start and will end at home.

when we as "minorites" start teaching our children right from wrong & civic reponsibility, to value knowledge & skill, and to accept ourselves, we'll realize that for the past 60+ yrs we had enslaved ourselves.

there is a lot that needs to be worked on in this country but wasting time focusing on what went down 150 years ago WILL NOT fix the 21st century slave mentality of today's "minorities".

some of you have seen some of my other posts in other threads. you should know how passionately i feel on this.
    One more thing: can we say that racism is NOT the exclusive property of just one race?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Except no one here said that or anything close. We've pointed out that the slavery of Africans in America ended over 100 years ago. After a long struggle, they were given the same rights as everyone else in the country and they've had those rights for over 50 years. We've also acknowledged that there are still *some* issues, but nowhere near the level that is being preached by black "leaders" and proponents of CRT. There are definitely problems that still need to be addressed, but that will never happen until we can all acknowledge how far as a country we have come and are honest and open in order to move forward. The only way it will work is by following Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's vision that all men are judged by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin. The exact reverse of what CRT is preaching. CRT will never bring about peace or anything at all beneficial, it will only ever bring about strife, fear and division, which is exactly what it was created to do.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    One more thing: can we say that racism is NOT the exclusive property of just one race?
    most definitely. i've said many times that the black race is the more racist than any other.

and the thing about today's racism is that it not about race overall. it is about the control of the population so TPTB can practice their magic.

racism is the tool used to distract us of from what goes on behind the curtain.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Except no one here said that or anything close. We've pointed out that the slavery of Africans in America ended over 100 years ago. After a long struggle, they were given the same rights as everyone else in the country and they've had those rights for over 50 years. We've also acknowledged that there are still *some* issues, but nowhere near the level that is being preached by black "leaders" and proponents of CRT. There are definitely problems that still need to be addressed, but that will never happen until we can all acknowledge how far as a country we have come and are honest and open in order to move forward. The only way it will work is by following Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's vision that all men are judged by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin. The exact reverse of what CRT is preaching. CRT will never bring about peace or anything at all beneficial, it will only ever bring about strife, fear and division, which is exactly what it was created to do.
    We will always have problems, because we`re an imperfect Republic, managed by imperfect people. There won`t be a perfect government until Christ returns and sets up His millennial Kingdom. We all need respect, and we all need TO respect. Respect others, respect the laws of the land. All of us are made in the Image of the Lord, and that alone DEMANDS respect. We all ought to act in ways that seek to diminish a justifiable loss of that respect from others.

Our Founders were imperfect men, with nearly flawless ideals and these ideals are expressed in the Declaration of Independence and our Constitution and Bill of Rights. Many of the Founders were disgusted by slavery, but, as we know well from the culture today, it is difficult to resist the passions of a culture, especially when there seems to be a mob majority. Even detesting slavery, few felt bold enough to forcefully denounce it, although there is this:

Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep forever.

Thomas Jefferson
    (1743 - 1826), Notes on the State of Virginia - denouncing the evils of slavery

While we cannot necessarily alter what happens all across the country, we often can, and hopefully do, effect what happens everyday within our own sphere of influence. "Love they neighbor".

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    this is not to detract from the good dr or minimalize his message.

mlk only taught one side of equality. he was (maybe unknowingly, maybe not) laying the foundation for "minorities to rely on someone, anyone else to fix the problems in this country. there was no strong component for blacks to be self sufficient and sel aware.

his message was very powerful but only a small part of the fix.

Top Bottom