• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Found what I consider a good deal on a SigArms P-250 just wondering if anyone can give me feedback on them. It is the compact version in 9mm. I don't know much about Sig's but got a buddy of mine that swears by them and that all he will carry. The one I found was a police trade in I believe.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Im a huge Sig fan. Now having said that stay far away from the P250. Its had problems since it was released. Think of it as the Gen4 Glock of the Sig world. Sig claims they have fixed all the issues but I still wouldnt trust one. If your looking for a good budget Sig look at the SP2022.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I love Sigs. Sigs and 3rd Gen S&W autos. I've got a West German P226 and P228, a German P228 and a P290.

I'm not a fan of the P250. Not even a little. They had lots of early problems but Sig and users claim they are fine now. I shot one and was pleased with the way it felt in the hand but the L-O-N-G trigger reset was bad enough to completely rule the P250 out as a purchase. I could get five shots into target from virtually any other handgun I own before I could get three out of the P250. The SP2022, on the other hand, is an outstanding, affordable polymer Sig.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I love mine too! I would make sure you buy the newer version. I have over 600 rounds through mine and only 1 FTE. The trigger does take some getting used to if you are used to SA. I have no regrets.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Look for a refurbished one or a police trade in. Thats probably your best bet at finding one at a decent price. I think Bradis has a few police trade in models the last time I was in there.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I have over 1500 through mine, I actually carry mine. It has a long trigger pull (DAO only) but once you learn it, it is pretty easy. Trigger pull isn't all the heavy, just long.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I've owned 2 and they are hit and miss.

My 40 compact ended up being a good gun, but it took a little while to get the kinks worked out. For around the same money, you can pick up a Sig SP2022. I think the SP2022 is very under rated and a good bargain, I own a 40 and 9mm. There are other nice options in that price range.

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    I've really been looking at both the sig p250 and p2022, they both look like great choices, but the modular design of the p250 has me going to that

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    For a carry gun, it's one of the best DAO's on the market. Maybe the best of all of them. If that's your reason for buying a gun, keep looking at it. Nearly all shooters who own guns for carry should be carrying a DAO. If you want to go play at a range and be cool and make a lot of noise quickly (i.e. if you are a kid), it would not be a good choice.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I've really been looking at both the sig p250 and p2022, they both look like great choices, but the modular design of the p250 has me going to that

The modular design is what attracted me to the 250. What I found was that deals on the exchange kits were hard to find, you could pick up another complete gun for not much more. I found the grip shells to have a cheap/flimsy feel to them that did not match the quality of the slide. The trigger does feel great, though.

If you end up with a 250, put in the range time to ensure reliability if you ever need to depend on it.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    For a carry gun, it's one of the best DAO's on the market. Maybe the best of all of them. If that's your reason for buying a gun, keep looking at it. Nearly all shooters who own guns for carry should be carrying a DAO. If you want to go play at a range and be cool and make a lot of noise quickly (i.e. if you are a kid), it would not be a good choice.

That's exactly why I was looking at it for carry. What are the problems that they had that evryone has mentioned?

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    My issues were FTF, light primer strikes and ejection issues. Even with ball ammo, I had problems. That was with one gun, the other had a few FTF but a trip home and they worked out th kinks.

I'm not suggesting you run scared from them, just put in the range time to make sure you have a reliable weapon.

gunrunner0320

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Anderson
    i like my p250 i got it at the last muncie show, and its been a good gun its the 2nd gen, i have read that the 1st gen had a lot of troubles but i have no complant,s about mine. the triger for me was diffrient becouse it was the first time owning a D A O gun. but this could be a good thing. ill learn from it and it may make me a better shot.

Top Bottom