• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The Internet product review hysteria has created a double-edged sword. On one hand, it is a great way to find out about issues/recalls, etc.

On the other hand, it gives the haters a chance to bash and perpetuate rumors or take a few instances and turn them into a worldwide crisis.

That's a damn fact. Internet can be great at reviewing and learning, other times you can read/research yourself stupid.

When it comes to guns, if I like them and the fit what I want I'll but just because I know if I have trouble with them I can probably get them running.

When I was looking for a new vehicle I knew I read myself stupid when I asked the dealer what gear ratio the Ram 1500 I was looking at. Wtf, when for my purposes am I actually going to notice a difference. Right there I knew I over researched and just got the thing cause it had everything I was looking for plus a ton of extras

That's why I also test every gun I intend to shoot a lot. Just because someone researched this $2500 battle rifle that is the best thing ever doesn't mean that this particular one in my hand will go 5 rounds without a part breaking

I picked up a Sig 365 in early May, born on 4-20, little over 550 rounds and haven't had a single malfunction regardless of grain weight or brand/reload and next to the CZ P10 has been my favorite striker gun to shoot and generally I hate striker guns. Also the first carry gun I have that I can comfortably appendix carry and the thing disappears

Are there people out there that have problems? Absolutely. Are there people that haven't and won't? Absolutely. Are there $3,000 Schmidt and Benders or $40,000+ vehicles that go out bad? Absolutely.

It's a man made object. It can fail no matter what

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I see Texas DPS just picked the P320 as their sidearm.

P320 seems to have largely had it's issues worked out. P365, I don't know of any current large institutional testing. Not enough data for me to go chasing the new hotness, but maybe in another year or two I'll consider it.

Fanboi v Hater aside, it's no secret Sig is using customers to beta test, knowing that *very* few customers put enough rounds through a gun to break it even if it had a self destruct sequence built in at 500 rounds. It's also no secret they use NDAs to keep known issues from going public, although they aren't alone in that regard.

As much as I like the classic Sigs, the company itself has pivoted. Lots of "lifestyle" marketing, less focus on quality. Economically, that's probably a win. If I had to take a gun out of the box and run it hard with high stakes and no time to properly vet it first, though, Sig wouldn't be on my radar any longer.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    ...the company itself has pivoted. Lots of "lifestyle" marketing, less focus on quality. Economically, that's probably a win...

You have just defined a vast majority of consumer product manufactures. Guns, cars, clothes and so on.

I am usually the last guy to buy the "new" product and am much more likely to buy yesterday's latest and greatest product on clearance and/or lightly used. I debated rather to take delivery of my P365 or let it go to the next person on the wait list. I will continue to monitor the progression of the P365 and add to the round count of mine until it proves itself a CCW.

Back to P365 focus for "us" owners...

Ordered a Wright Leather holster for the P365. Should be WELL over 1000 rounds by the time it arrives. Pic from website...with a P938.

WLW_Banshee_style1_1024x1024.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The Internet product review hysteria has created a double-edged sword. On one hand, it is a great way to find out about issues/recalls, etc.

On the other hand, it gives the haters a chance to bash and perpetuate rumors or take a few instances and turn them into a worldwide crisis.

My personal filter to differentiate between these two is to check the volume level of the messenger. The more yelling, screaming and bashing I hear, the less I listen. Those with reasonable concerns BORN FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE are the ones that get my attention.

Everyone else, I tune out.

Sometimes it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff, but I gotta say this thread has a lot of chaff flying around.

The odds of the P365 failing are slim. The odds of you having to defend your life are even slimmer. The odd that both of those thing happening at the same are probably close to zero.

I trust SIG to fix the issues just like all of the other manufacturers have had to do.

If you don't trust a 1st generation gun, don't buy it. That is your call, and I can't say I don't agree. But to bash SIG and the P365 when you don't own one or care to own one is a bunch of bull chaff. (The other word I wanted to use would be censored by the BBS software.)

You are not adding anything constructive to this thread.

I personally loved the P365 when I shot it, and it ate everything we threw at it. Not sure if I am going to buy one soon, but I would guess that someday, I will own one.

The problem I have with the tactical Timmy's on forums like ingo or most forums that average people comment on who claim to have had zero failures with their guns is that they probably havent even shot more than 4 mags through their own carry gun that they plan to defend their life with if they get into a gun fight. And IF they even shot 4 mags worth of ammo I'll bet you it wasnt the hollow points they carry in it to see if that pistol even performs with that ammo. Not to mention ZERO training and practice they put into it. And I'll bet you that's the case with at least 70% of people who carry a gun. I could go a step further if people were actualy truthful and I could say raise your hand if you just buy a gun and put it into your holster without ever shooting it first? A lot of people would be raising their hands. If people want to take risks and decrease their odds of survival and success then that's ok it's their choice if they are civilians. I personaly am like that teenage or twenty something year old boy whos full of sex drive and I want to get my numbers up!! To increase my odds to win the fight I hope never happens.

(Edit: I'm not saying that all people are lying who havent had an issue with this pistol. I know there are some who work reliably somehow. I know some people actualy do shoot their guns)

So that shows why everyone else including professional shooters and industry reviewers and even the military and manufacturer themselves have had issues with certain pistols but tactical timmy of the internet combat couch brigade never has.
    So some peoples PERSONAL EXPERIENCE isnt worth the price of the paper I wipe my ass with.

I dont need to waste my money on a gun to know its crapola! Because thankfully we have so much ACCURATE info at our fingertips we can see results of others. If you put all your faith in one resource you are probably going to be misled. Many sources have had bad results with sig lately and then sig themselves was forced to disclose that yeah they had problems, they knew about it, covered them up in order to get contracts and sell guns and to see what other problems would pop up once the guns were in the hands of those than staked their lives on sig!!! DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY <not the word I wanted to use either.

If I need to go find a used sig 365 or 320 ect, to buy in order to comment any further and expose what I think is a dirty company that not only screwed civilians but also our police and military that put their lives on the line daily for us, then let me know. It would be money well spent to keep someone from buying it to defend their life with.
    I am a shooter. I've used guns for a living and now I use them for self defense and also enjoyment as my hobby. I also understand a lot of firearms internally and have worked on many different brands and models, I am not the end all be all expert and all knowing OZ but I'm not a beginner either.
    I'm not bashing a gun or maker because I'm a fan of another brand here. That accusation is false. Like I said before I like old sigs and the old sig company. Whoever they have running it now are dishonest and quality and reliability are taking a backseat to profit margin. Buyer beware.

Last edited:

INgunner54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    The problem I have with the tactical Timmy's on forums like ingo or most forums that average people comment on who claim to have had zero failures with their guns is that they probably havent even shot more than 4 mags through their own carry gun that they plan to defend their life with if they get into a gun fight. And IF they even shot 4 mags worth of ammo I'll bet you it wasnt the hollow points they carry in it to see if that pistol even performs with that ammo. Not to mention ZERO training and practice they put into it. And I'll bet you that's the case with at least 70% of people who carry a gun.

So that shows why everyone else including professional shooters and industry reviewers and even the military and manufacturer themselves have had issues with certain pistols but tactical timmy of the internet combat couch brigade never has.
    So some peoples PERSONAL EXPERIENCE isnt worth the price of the paper I wipe my ass with.

I dont need to waste my money on a gun to know its crapola! Because thankfully we have so much ACCURATE info at our fingertips we can see results of others. If you put all your faith in one resource you are probably going to be misled. Many sources have had bad results with sig lately and then sig themselves was forced to disclose that yeah they had problems, they knew about it, covered them up in order to get contracts and sell guns and to see what other problems would pop up once the guns were in the hands of those than staked their lives on sig!!! DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY <not the word I wanted to use either.

Excellent points throughout this response. It's very important to put something you plan to carry to defend yourself through it's paces to make sure there aren't issues with the hardware or yourself. Also important to make certain that your ammo functions reliably in the weapon.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    The problem I have with the tactical Timmy's on forums like ingo or most forums that average people comment on who claim to have had zero failures with their guns is that they probably havent even shot more than 4 mags through their own carry gun that they plan to defend their life with if they get into a gun fight. And IF they even shot 4 mags worth of ammo I'll bet you it wasnt the hollow points they carry in it to see if that pistol even performs with that ammo. Not to mention ZERO training and practice they put into it. And I'll bet you that's the case with at least 70% of people who carry a gun. I could go a step further if people were actualy truthful and I could say raise your hand if you just buy a gun and put it into your holster without ever shooting it first? A lot of people would be raising their hands. If people want to take risks and decrease their odds of survival and success then that's ok it's their choice if they are civilians. I personaly am like that teenage or twenty something year old boy whos full of sex drive and I want to get my numbers up!! To increase my odds to win the fight I hope never happens.

If I need to go find a used sig 365 or 320 ect, to buy in order to comment any further and expose what I think is a dirty company that not only screwed civilians but also our police and military that put their lives on the line daily for us, then let me know. It would be money well spent to keep someone from buying it to defend their life with.
    I am a shooter. I also understand a lot of firearms internally and have worked on many different brands and models. I'm not bashing a gun or maker because I'm a fan of another brand here. That accusation is false. Like I said before I like old sigs and the old sig company. Whoever they have running it now are dishonest and quality and reliability are taking a backseat to profit margin. Buyer beware.

70%? I find that optimistic.

Seriously though, I've never been a Sig fan (not a hater in the least) BUT after the handling of the P320 issues, they will have a long way to go to gain back trust of all but the most feverent fanboi's.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Excellent points throughout this response. It's very important to put something you plan to carry to defend yourself through it's paces to make sure there aren't issues with the hardware or yourself. Also important to make certain that your ammo functions reliably in the weapon.
    Thank you for seeing that. It's a very important thing for me regarding carry guns.
    The only agenda we as shooters should have towards each other is helping each other. That's what most of my firearms posts on ingo try to do. I have a different way about it than others and I'm not polished or refined. Yep I'm bold. Yep I misspell ;) . But when I give my opinion on something firearm related its 9/10 times based on personal experiences, past mistakes, wasted money, or thorough research. I'm wrong sometimes, I make mistakes, i am always learning, but I am legitimately just trying to help fellow gun owners who want it. Some people will never take advice or help even if they are about to get a black eye on the range from their scope ring. They got it! They know!
    Ok buddy yep, just trying to help you, not trying to embarrass you.
    I've come to the conclusion that some people just need the embarrassment. I no longer offer any help on a range unless I am approached and even then i sometimes just defer to the rangemaster. I've become burnt out some

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    70%? I find that optimistic.

Seriously though, I've never been a Sig fan (not a hater in the least) BUT after the handling of the P320 issues, they will have a long way to go to gain back trust of all but the most feverent fanboi's.
    yep I agree I was trying to actualy be optimistic. One only has to go to a public range to be horrified.

And I hope they do come back to glory! I love the history of SIG. I love that they are pioneers in firearms technology. They arent afraid to change the status quo or rock the boat. That's good as long as it works and you dont rush it or release it if its not ready.
    They will have to fire some head people too before I'll come back but when or if i do come back I'll bring my wallet with me. I actually spent a lot of money on this hobby like some others here. Sig needs customers like me and that's not me being conceded it's just the truth.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Thank you for seeing that. It's a very important thing for me regarding carry guns.
    The only agenda we as shooters should have towards each other is helping each other. That's what most of my firearms posts on ingo try to do. I have a different way about it than others and I'm not polished or refined. Yep I'm bold. Yep I misspell ;) . But when I give my opinion on something firearm related its 9/10 times based on personal experiences, past mistakes, wasted money, or thorough research. I'm wrong sometimes, I make mistakes, i am always learning, but I am legitimately just trying to help fellow gun owners who want it. Some people will never take advice or help even if they are about to get a black eye on the range from their scope ring. They got it! They know!
    Ok buddy yep, just trying to help you, not trying to embarrass you.
    I've come to the conclusion that some people just need the embarrassment. I no longer offer any help on a range unless I am approached and even then i sometimes just defer to the rangemaster. I've become burnt out some

You misspelled conceited in your next post....

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    You have just defined a vast majority of consumer product manufactures. Guns, cars, clothes and so on.

I am usually the last guy to buy the "new" product and am much more likely to buy yesterday's latest and greatest product on clearance and/or lightly used. I debated rather to take delivery of my P365 or let it go to the next person on the wait list. I will continue to monitor the progression of the P365 and add to the round count of mine until it proves itself a CCW.

Back to P365 focus for "us" owners...

Ordered a Wright Leather holster for the P365. Should be WELL over 1000 rounds by the time it arrives. Pic from website...with a P938.

WLW_Banshee_style1_1024x1024.jpg

This is for TT. That is not a P938! It has a grip safety! :laugh:

Very nice looking though.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I pay much more attention to folks on here who actually own or have owned a gun and shot it, than to those who regurgitate what they've heard or seen on the internet. The only brand loyalty I have is to older S&W revolvers. I've shot other brands, some extensively, like Rugers and Colts, but they aren't for me. Nothing wrong with them, I just prefer S&W's. There is no magic number to testing one's pistol until it is deemed reliable. I believe I read somewhere that S&W claimed that the majority of handguns sold never get fired. That sound plausible. I do believe that most folks on INGO are honest in their experiences. The few who aren't, like those who have excessive egos, I've learned to pretty much blow off. I also blow off the blow hards. There are a lot of novices on INGO, but that's not a crime. We all started off as novices. One doesn't have to have recorded many thousands of rounds down range, to get an opinion of a certain handgun. I sometimes question those when they say that they've shot a certain specific number of rounds through a gun, when that number reaches in the several thousands. I have a low round count match rifle that i've recorded the number of rounds and my new Sig 365's round count, has been easy to know, since I've shot 200 rounds at each 3 range sessions. I can assure you, though, after the first thousand rounds, I won't be keeping exact figures. I'm no bookkeeper or accountant (kinda wish I had been smart enough to be one though). I too post to try to give my personal experience (I do stray, occasionally). Take it or leave it. I can't say I ever earned a living with a gun, although I carried one most of my adult life, reloaded for decades and fixed my own guns, when I could. That doesn't make me an expert nor makes me incapable of learning something new. I think I mostly know what I know and hopefully, maybe more importantly, know what I don't know, but there again, there's the rub...I'm a fallible human being.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    We all have our experiences, good and bad, that we can share to help each other. That is the point of this forum (for most of us).

I agree that SIG seems to have lost a big portion of its reputation lately, and it is wise to be wary. As others have pointed out, they are trying to be the "Walmart buy anything" of the gun world, and this stretches them way too thin.

I have a SIG P226 that I love to death, and a SIG P938 that I also love to death (my EDC). But am I an ardent supporter of SIG to the point of fanboi-ism? Honestly, I could care less about defending SIG because that is not my style. And TBH, I am not sure that they deserve it, especially with their striker-fired offerings. If I like something, I will point it out, if I don't, I will also point that out. But if I have no direct experiences, I will lay low and let others debate, and then use my personal filter to decide who to listen to and who not to.

I shoot my guns a lot, but I am no expert nor do I profess to be. I am also human and quite fallible, as are the rest of us.

As far as the P365 goes, I am in no hurry to rush out and buy one, but I loved shooting one (It had about 1,200 rounds through it when we shot it), and once I feel that all of the issues are worked out, I may consider buying one.

BTW, I am not defending the the P365 or SIG, far from it, in fact. I also have read about the issues. I am as worried as the rest of you and wouldn't feel comfortable carrying one (yet). But the last thing I am going to do is to regurgitate information that I have no direct knowledge of. To me that is gossip by definition.

As far as keeping each other informed, that is not a bad idea (actually it is a great idea), but rather than ranting about things and fueling the hysteria fires, we can refer each other to direct sources if we feel the need. Unless of course we have our own direct experiences that we feel are important to share. Measured, responsible discussions are *VERY* healthy and provide the most help to others.

Radical opinions and yelling (haters *or* fanbois) just become background noise. Facts speak louder to me than opinionated qualitative responses.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    We all have our experiences, good and bad, that we can share to help each other. That is the point of this forum (for most of us).
    I agree that SIG seems to have lost a big portion of its reputation lately, and it is wise to be wary. As others have pointed out, they are trying to be the "Walmart buy anything" of the gun world, and this stretches them way too thin.
    I have a SIG P226 that I love to death, and a SIG P938 that I also love to death (my EDC). But am I an ardent supporter of SIG to the point of fanboi-ism? Honestly, I could care less about defending SIG because that is not my style. And TBH, I am not sure that they deserve it, especially with their striker-fired offerings. If I like something, I will point it out, if I don't, I will also point that out. But if I have no direct experiences, I will lay low and let others debate, and then use my personal filter to decide who to listen to and who not to.
    I shoot my guns a lot, but I am no expert nor do I profess to be. I am also human and quite fallible, as are the rest of us.
    As far as the P365 goes, I am in no hurry to rush out and buy one, but I loved shooting one (It had about 1,200 rounds through it when we shot it), and once I feel that all of the issues are worked out, I may consider buying one.
    BTW, I am not defending the the P365 or SIG, far from it, in fact. I also have read about the issues. I am as worried as the rest of you and wouldn't feel comfortable carrying one (yet). But the last thing I am going to do is to regurgitate information that I have no direct knowledge of. To me that is gossip by definition.

As far as keeping each other informed, that is not a bad idea (actually it is a great idea), but rather than ranting about things and fueling the hysteria fires, we can refer each other to direct sources if we feel the need. Unless of course we have our own direct experiences that we feel are important to share. Measured, responsible discussions are *VERY* healthy and provide the most help to others.
    Radical opinions and yelling (haters *or* fanbois) just become background noise. Facts speak louder to me than opinionated qualitative responses.

1. Your level-headed and balanced approached and open views w/o agenda are exactly why I frequent this forum to enrich my own limited knowledge. :thumbsup:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For those that haven’t held or shot one yet:

The Outdoorsman, in Greenwood, has a display model on their counter with the flush 10 rd mag, extended 10 rd mage and 12 rd mag available available. Quick way to see how well it fits.

I’m 90% sure that I saw that Indy Arms, on 55th st, has one on their rental wall as wall.

Having held it, I can see why it’s caused the excitement. It’s a lot of rounds in a package that feels a lot smaller than the measurements gave me the impression it would.

Top Bottom