• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    and I would add that it shoots like a heavier gun.

That’s neat that it’s does that.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t get past holding it. The ability to get that capacity into that size is intriguing, but not overall it’s not my cup of tea. I’m very hr and miss on Sigs and the shape of their grips.

DustyMck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Borden
    I plan to wait about a year or so until the demand isn't so high and I can try one of these out. I'm a pretty big fan of sigs and I think 10 rounds in that size is a game changer for pocket pistols.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Finally got around to taking my Sig P365 up to Zack at ZR Tactical to have it milled for an RMSc. Zack was able to figure out how to mill the side deep enough to co-witness the RMSc with the standard height Sig X-Ray sights. I am IN LOVE with my new EDC. I am Glock guy all the way and have my G43 milled for an RMS, but the capacity and shootability of the P365 means my G43 will not be seeing as much action as it has for the past two years.

Nice work ZR Tactical!

2kJDJoS.jpg

kJLq3AD.jpg

bnPYm6L.jpg

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I had another range session with my Sig P 365 again today. That's a total of 800 rounds of problem free shooting. Shooting the little pistol one handed (strong and weak hand) was easy. I did do some reloading drills. One thing I noticed was with the short 10 round magazine, I had to open up my grip to get that shortest magazine to drop free. The base of my palm kept getting in the way, so I better work on my technique. The primer wipe (striker drag) seems to be getting less noticeable when looking at the spent primers. This is on Remington 115 gr. FMJ factory ammo.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Round count is slowly creeping up on mine. Not a single hiccup and been feeding it a variety of factory ammo and even some old crappy reloads that have feeding problems in a couple other guns.

Nice work, ACC!!!!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Round count is slowly creeping up on mine. Not a single hiccup and been feeding it a variety of factory ammo and even some old crappy reloads that have feeding problems in a couple other guns.

Nice work, ACC!!!!
    I know that it is arbitrary, but I'd like to get 1,000 through mine and then after shooting some various self-defense loads, I'm going to say it is good to go for EDC as long as it keeps performing.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Made a trip to the range today. It seems my flush fit mag does not like to trip the hold open on last shot when running my plinking ammo. No other functional issues.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Mine is just over 1000. One double feed with a stumpy 100g 9mm reload. 1.045 OAL. Most of the other 999 were same shorties cycled through no problem.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    [video=youtube;NlvpbOAZeUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlvpbOAZeUg&t=3s[/video]

1,300 round in depth update on the P-365 showing all wear on the pistol as well as the condition of the striker and whatnot

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Thanks for the follow-up DC, I have been wondering how your P365 has been progressing.

I like the gun so much; I am really considering another one for my wife. It is just a great little pistol...

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    [video=youtube;NlvpbOAZeUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlvpbOAZeUg&t=3s[/video]

1,300 round in depth update on the P-365 showing all wear on the pistol as well as the condition of the striker and whatnot
    I agree with your opinion of CLP. I don't think it cleans well and isn't the best lube. I'll probably hit the trouble - free 1,000 mark this week with my Sig P 365.

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    [video=youtube;6q53AIs2LeA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q53AIs2LeA[/video]
    FYI, a classic Sig fan's (who's also a design engineer) initial opinion on the P365. After 7:38 they're discussing ProTEQ's hybrid holsters.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    [video=youtube;6q53AIs2LeA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q53AIs2LeA[/video]
    FYI, a classic Sig fan's (who's also a design engineer) initial opinion on the P365. After 7:38 they're discussing ProTEQ's hybrid holsters.
    Could you go into detail, the kinds of malfunctions you experienced at the IDPA match with your Sig P 365?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I had my first malfunction with my P 365 yesterday. The slide was back, the empty had ejected, but the next round didn't feed. This was at about 900 round count with factory 115 gr. FMJ ammo. I finished up the session with the total round count of 1,000. I am convinced that the malfunction was shooter induced. Now on to carry ammo! So far my only complaints are that the trigger is stagey (not smooth), the magazine release is hard for me to engage with my normal grip and the magazine doesn't drop free with my normal grip (meaty part of my palm drags on the mag). My P 365 was manufactured on 5/18/18.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I had my first malfunction with my P 365 yesterday. The slide was back, the empty had ejected, but the next round didn't feed. This was at about 900 round count with factory 115 gr. FMJ ammo. I finished up the session with the total round count of 1,000. I am convinced that the malfunction was shooter induced. Now on to carry ammo! So far my only complaints are that the trigger is stagey (not smooth), the magazine release is hard for me to engage with my normal grip and the magazine doesn't drop free with my normal grip (meaty part of my palm drags on the mag). My P 365 was manufactured on 5/18/18.

1. Was talking to a guy today who pulled out his Sig 365 and showed me (and yes, he took the mag out and showed me the empty chamber for those of you who think all newbies are stupid :whistle:).
    2. We were talking everything guns. He was a big Glock fan but wanted the 365 b/c of the 10 round, which he turned into a 12 round w/the extension.
    3. He had an AR build with over $3k in it and had sold a Glock 19 to a fellow worker that was there also (it had upgrades and polishing done inside, and he now had a Glock 10mm in the truck).

4. I was telling him your story about 1/900 FTF, and he said he had the same happen and he thought it was his fault due to finger/hand placement and geting sloppy b/c it never happened again, either.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am so excited! Just spent time with a friend's Sig 365 at the range!
    Impressed! ACCURATE!
    It shot as well as both my CZs today (having an off day with them) at 20' and 30'

I will post me range targets with the 365 (since I get a kick out of that).

I happen to be carrying the Glock 42 (.380) and I compared it with the Sig 365 and was shocked: same size.
    Well, the length and height were; it was a little thicker, but I have found my 9mm replacement for my Glock 42 so I can get out of the .380 caliber. :rockwoot:

I'll have to wait b/c I'm not going to replace the Glock with a $525 -- $642 Sig (w/taxes), and I'm not going to buy anything used so as not to get stuck with the early issues of the firing pin breaking (or whatever it was) and the strike dragging (or whatever it's called). Both issues have been addressed, but there are 10s or 1000s out there that will be for sale to the unsuspecting, like me. :dunno:

I have read where the guns manufactured since a certain date are OK, but I don't know what that date is.
    How is a person supposed to know about the date if you are buying a used gun?
    I have been lied to about a gun when I specifically asked about a certain thing, or mislead, or they weren't aware b/c they didn't shoot the gun (which is why I always shoot anything I sell so I can know it's OK. Three times now I've gotten a used gun that wasn't right, so I'm a little paranoid and will put that in practice when getting a 365 to replace my Glock 42.
    I can get a new one for $525 (w/taxes), but I'd rather wait and buy one off a member here used (that got a later model) after they realize it's not the gun for them. :laugh:

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am so excited! Just spent time with a friend's Sig 365 at the range!
    Impressed! ACCURATE!
    It shot as well as both my CZs today (having an off day with them) at 20' and 30'

I will post me range targets with the 365 (since I get a kick out of that).

I happen to be carrying the Glock 42 (.380) and I compared it with the Sig 365 and was shocked: same size.
    Well, the length and height were; it was a little thicker, but I have found my 9mm replacement for my Glock 42 so I can get out of the .380 caliber. :rockwoot:

I'll have to wait b/c I'm not going to replace the Glock with a $525 -- $642 Sig (w/taxes), and I'm not going to buy anything used so as not to get stuck with the early issues of the firing pin breaking (or whatever it was) and the strike dragging (or whatever it's called). Both issues have been addressed, but there are 10s or 1000s out there that will be for sale to the unsuspecting, like me. :dunno:

I have read where the guns manufactured since a certain date are OK, but I don't know what that date is.
    How is a person supposed to know about the date if you are buying a used gun?
    I have been lied to about a gun when I specifically asked about a certain thing, or mislead, or they weren't aware b/c they didn't shoot the gun (which is why I always shoot anything I sell so I can know it's OK. Three times now I've gotten a used gun that wasn't right, so I'm a little paranoid and will put that in practice when getting a 365 to replace my Glock 42.
    I can get a new one for $525 (w/taxes), but I'd rather wait and buy one off a member here used (that got a later model) after they realize it's not the gun for them. :laugh:

I'm not so sure the striker drag leading to firing pin breakage (at least correlation if not causation) has been eliminated, but if it has that would be great. Of course, I don't expect Sig to ever say anything about it even if it was/is being corrected. One thing to remember with the 365 is that it does come with night sights. For many of us that is an additional cost of anywhere from $75 to $125 on a carry gun depending on the sights one prefers.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm not so sure the striker drag leading to firing pin breakage (at least correlation if not causation) has been eliminated, but if it has that would be great. Of course, I don't expect Sig to ever say anything about it even if it was/is being corrected. One thing to remember with the 365 is that it does come with night sights. For many of us that is an additional cost of anywhere from $75 to $125 on a carry gun depending on the sights one prefers.

Not only that, but they are X-ray sights which are very nice. If they made them for other guns, I'd put them on every gun I own :yesway:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A little range time with the Sig 365.
    Earlier I mentioned about getting one today from a friend so this is the targets.
    The first one is bad b/c I was using an old target for some 1st shots on the 365 and also on a couple of CZz: ignore the CZs they will be put in the proper place.
    The Sig 365 was shooting as good if not better than the CZs at 20' and 30' (I was having a bad day with the CZs: my excuse).

This will show groupings and whether I'm low or to the right or whatever.
    The 365 is the middle top "X" at 30'.
    The 365 on the middle bottom "X" is at 20."
    eVKrMkp.jpg

365 (in middle) at 30' using my regular 5 in 1 favorite targets.
    I think the top got mislabeled and should be 30'???
    Tactical/left side; 75 B Omega/right side
    nYBiV7k.jpg

Another 365 at 20' ( in middle )
    Wreunya.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom