• ...and so much more!
  • croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    [video=youtube_share;ok5QQKtkVP0]https://youtu.be/ok5QQKtkVP0[/video]

Appears to me the only reason to carry a p365 is if you like crazy women. You never know when they're gonna get you killed and need that type of excitement in your life.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    [video=youtube_share;ok5QQKtkVP0]https://youtu.be/ok5QQKtkVP0[/video]

Appears to me the only reason to carry a p365 is if you like crazy women. You never know when they're gonna get you killed and need that type of excitement in your life.
    I would have to ask you, if you own a Sig P 365? I almost feel sorry for this MAC guy. It would be interesting to know what the manufacturing date is on his new P 365, as well as, the old one. The date of manufacture of mine is May 18, 2018. I field stripped mine and lubed it before shooting it for the first time. I just finished putting a couple of hundred rounds through mine the day before yesterday. That makes a total of 600 rounds. So far I've only shot Remington 115 gr. factory FMJ (my buddy shot some factory aluminum cased ammo through it Wed.). No failures of any kind, so far. I just looked over every primer strike from Wed. They show less primer drag now than when I had my very first range session. I'm not concerned with it. There are no marks on the magazines. I noticed on one of my magazines, when looking at it that the right top looks like it was polished during production. It would be interesting to see someone take calipers to the magazines he shot that showed scratches, vs. the ones that did not. I suppose that since I don't get free ammo and try to get something out of my ammo expenditure, that I'm very slow adding up my total. I figure that I won't switch to reloads until I have around 1,000 rounds total. After that I'll also put some carry ammo through it to see how it does. BTW, if I could only afford Wolf steel-cased ammo, I would probably give up shooting. I don't consider it high quality. If MAC guy keeps putting his thumb so close to the muzzle, he's going to have a sore thumb.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I would have to ask you, if you own a Sig P 365? I almost feel sorry for this MAC guy. It would be interesting to know what the manufacturing date is on his new P 365, as well as, the old one. The date of manufacture of mine is May 18, 2018. I field stripped mine and lubed it before shooting it for the first time. I just finished putting a couple of hundred rounds through mine the day before yesterday. That makes a total of 600 rounds. So far I've only shot Remington 115 gr. factory FMJ (my buddy shot some factory aluminum cased ammo through it Wed.). No failures of any kind, so far. I just looked over every primer strike from Wed. They show less primer drag now than when I had my very first range session. I'm not concerned with it. There are no marks on the magazines. I noticed on one of my magazines, when looking at it that the right top looks like it was polished during production. It would be interesting to see someone take calipers to the magazines he shot that showed scratches, vs. the ones that did not. I suppose that since I don't get free ammo and try to get something out of my ammo expenditure, that I'm very slow adding up my total. I figure that I won't switch to reloads until I have around 1,000 rounds total. After that I'll also put some carry ammo through it to see how it does. BTW, if I could only afford Wolf steel-cased ammo, I would probably give up shooting. I don't consider it high quality. If MAC guy keeps putting his thumb so close to the muzzle, he's going to have a sore thumb.

Bottom line is this. Sig is making inferior striker fired pistols right now. They're putting unreliable guns into the hands of the public and the military. I have a big problem with that. If you want to be a Sig fan boy go right ahead. I buy the best tools I can. I know for sure MAC's 2nd 365 is a newer production. Between the primer drag, broken strikers, trigger return springs breaking, and now an extractor I don't see why you would want to carry a Sig 365. It's not just MAC having issues. When glock released there gen 5 pistols between me and a buddy with 2 separate pistols we put every bit of 5k rounds in them without a single malfunction before I carried one. You don't see Glock, CZ, S&W, springfield, Ruger, or even Taurus having this many issues.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sig ****ed our troops, intentionally to make a buck. That makes them the biggest slimeballs ever in my book and even if their modern pistols werent already total pieces of crap as had been proven time and time again, and still is, that's enough on it's own for me to never buy another Sig product. NOTHING!! NOT A HAT, NOT A BUMPER STICKER, NOT EVEN IF THEY WERE SELLING WORKING GIRLS AT A 2 FOR 1 SPECIAL, ESPECIALY THAT BECAUSE WHO WANTS BROKEN *****?!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Bottom line is this. Sig is making inferior striker fired pistols right now. They're putting unreliable guns into the hands of the public and the military. I have a big problem with that. If you want to be a Sig fan boy go right ahead. I buy the best tools I can. I know for sure MAC's 2nd 365 is a newer production. Between the primer drag, broken strikers, trigger return springs breaking, and now an extractor I don't see why you would want to carry a Sig 365. It's not just MAC having issues. When glock released there gen 5 pistols between me and a buddy with 2 separate pistols we put every bit of 5k rounds in them without a single malfunction before I carried one. You don't see Glock, CZ, S&W, springfield, Ruger, or even Taurus having this many issues.
    So your answer is no, you don't own a Sig P365? That's what I thought. If you want to be a fan boy of internet heroes, that is your choice. If you don't want to own a Sig P 365 so be it. If you think that all brands haven't had significant problems...well go to the internet. I pretty much go with what I personally know. If I have any problems, I'll post them.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The Glockers took time from their 1911 bashing to come back to their Sig bashing. I am glad to see them spreading their expertise with everyone. I see Texas DPS just picked the P320 as their sidearm.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Ruger- Joke around INGO is never buy a gen 1 Ruger because of recalls. Mark IV, SR series, LCP, Precision Rifle, SR-556 ALL had recalls, and that's just the "newer" models. About 5 years ago the LC9s had a bad batch of firing pins that were too hard and prone to breaking, only break Ruger got is they found out early and caught them at the distribution level and never made it to consumers

Taurus- Standing lawsuit/settlement on the original Millennium line (that spanned across several models). Past the cash rebate part but can still get your gun (regardless of caliber) replaced with a 9mm G2C

Smith and Wesson- Well they own Thompson Center, and the Venture has been subject to 3-4 recalls now. The Compasses, first generation, some of them would not pass a drop test, so recall. The Icon, and Dimension also had recalls. Smith and Wesson recently had a recall/upgrade on the Shield 380s. Actually here's a link of the recalls, it's more effective then me listing them

https://www.smith-wesson.com/safety/recalls

Springfield- XDS recall and debacle, lot of people on Ingo were pissed that Springfield had their guns for months.

Glock- Remember the first batch of Gen 5s IMPD got? Or what about some of the first Gen 4s with extraction issues? Gen 1s that had a "voluntary upgrade"?

No one is perfect, for whatever reason people love to bash Sig.

Generally I like Sig, but the company does do some asshat things, not consistent at ALL, and just need to learn when to stop producing 50 different skus.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I CCW a Shield now and remember well when the internet had decided it was a junk gun that would blow up in your hand if it functioned well enough to even get into battery.

I am not a Sig fan in general but my P365 has literally been flawless. I’ve watched a few people here and “in person” have flawless running P365s.

The store that I bought mine from has sold tons of them (and I don’t mean dozens), with not one having an issue known to them.

MAC clearly had a problem in the first gun. He has yet to answer, to the best of my knowledge, if the mag was out of spec. The ammo issue in the second gun is barely worth a foot note.

Sig clearly mishandled the 320 trigger issue and they deserve some negative points for that. Sale numbers, though, would indicate the market accepts Sig as a viable product.

Guns are mechanical devices. Mechanical devices have points of failure, even a Glock will fail. Revolvers break. Mac’s Taurus will even fail at a certain use point.

I will continue to add to the round count in my P365. If it’s breaks, you will all be the first to know.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    There, someone finally said it. :coffee:

Well, if you find one on Armslist for $350 and pick it up, I wouldn't worry too much about it breaking during the 10 days that you'd own it. :):

I'm not a big Sig fan, and never have been. But I really like my little P365. If it was just another 7 or 8 round 9mm, I wouldn't have given it a second look. But there's really nothing else like it for size/weight/capacity.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I CCW a Shield now and remember well when the internet had decided it was a junk gun that would blow up in your hand if it functioned well enough to even get into battery.

I am not a Sig fan in general but my P365 has literally been flawless. I’ve watched a few people here and “in person” have flawless running P365s.

The store that I bought mine from has sold tons of them (and I don’t mean dozens), with not one having an issue known to them.

MAC clearly had a problem in the first gun. He has yet to answer, to the best of my knowledge, if the mag was out of spec. The ammo issue in the second gun is barely worth a foot note.

Sig clearly mishandled the 320 trigger issue and they deserve some negative points for that. Sale numbers, though, would indicate the market accepts Sig as a viable product.

Guns are mechanical devices. Mechanical devices have points of failure, even a Glock will fail. Revolvers break. Mac’s Taurus will even fail at a certain use point.

I will continue to add to the round count in my P365. If it’s breaks, you will all be the first to know.
    I've owned and shot a lot of guns over the years. I've had a bad firing pin on a Hammerli 208s. I've had S&W revolvers go out of time and I've had strain screws back out, as well as, ejector rods. On 1911's, I've broken firing pin retainers and extractors; had rear sights fly off a series 70 Gold Cup and a Bomar sight come apart. I've had magazines fail. There are many other failures that don't come to mind right now. The Sig P365 is arguably one of the most popular handguns to ever hit the market, especially when one considers how many have been sold so quickly. With the large number of sales, some things will break on some examples and some shooters with lesser experience with handguns will do things to cause problems (not talking about MAC). MAC does appear to have more than his share of troubles and if he didn't get so much free ammo and make so much money from his website, I might have sympathy for him. I personally don't care if a person buys a Sig P365 or not. I'm not into slamming a person about his/her choice of selecting a handgun. There are way to many factors to consider for each person. I am really tired though, of people putting the tag of victim on the military for their choice of weaponry. They have very knowledgeable firearms' experts and gunsmiths. They aren't perfect and neither is any one gun brand/ model. The military is anal about justifying everything in writing and every one of them answers to someone else. Having said that, if you own anything other than a Ford pickup truck, you have been taken advantage of and are putting you and your family at risk!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Well, if you find one on Armslist for $350 and pick it up, I wouldn't worry too much about it breaking during the 10 days that you'd own it. :):

I'm not a big Sig fan, and never have been. But I really like my little P365. If it was just another 7 or 8 round 9mm, I wouldn't have given it a second look. But there's really nothing else like it for size/weight/capacity.
    I too, never really cared for Sigs. I still haven't decided to carry it. My Kahr CM-9 has never had a malfunction and I shoot it well. The big thing to me also, is the magazine capacity, but I actually prefer the P 365 trigger pull to the Kahr, although the CM-9 pull is smoother.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. I would never buy one unless it was a replacement for the Shield 9mm, but I CC my Smith hammerless.
    2. I can try one out a the range, but for $350 I wouldn't bother, but I've never seen them below $500, and usually higher (had a chance to buy one for $500 but decided to pass b/c of some having issues). Others have had no issues, so hopefully is is just an Internet hyperbole.

3. It's statements like that from those with much experience that gets my attention.
    4. I thought the Glock 43 was going to be that gun (replace my Shield 9mm), after my good experience with the Glock 42, but not the case.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    The Glockers took time from their 1911 bashing to come back to their Sig bashing. I am glad to see them spreading their expertise with everyone. I see Texas DPS just picked the P320 as their sidearm.

8 stages of 1911 ownership
    1. Overpaying for outdated gun
    2. Telling yourself you love it
    3. Telling your friends how you love it
    4. Getting defensive about owning it
    5. Trying to remember a time it didn't jam
    6. Realizing a stick is just as reliable
    7. Selling it to some other sucker
    8. Happiness

I see you're stuck on #4. With the reliability issues of a 1911 its not surprising you're a sig fan too. I own more than just glocks.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I love the sigs I own but it isnt any new pistols. I bet I own more sigs than some sig fan boys. I'm a glock fan because it's a tool I use that works. Not my favorite pistol to shoot or look at either.
    Get ready for the mic drop ... I also own 2 1911's as of right now, oh the humanity!!! But they wouldnt be the first guns I'd grab to defend myself. Ones a sig to ;)
    I'll bash glock too If they pulled the crap sig did with the military and police agencies.
    I bet sig is practically giving their pistols away to certain agencies just to make it look like the agencies are selecting them based on reliability and faith in them. Behind closed doors I bet they are signing a lot of non disclosure agreements (not saying other manufactirers havent done that too including glock and I've called them out on ingo for it too in the past) I'm an equal opportunity hater
    Just because a government agency picks a certain pistol doesnt mean it was the best for the job.
    Also the army us deffinately full of smart gun people. It's also full of dip****s and its full of politicians and corrupt SOB's who like to line their own pockets and further their own careers. Those are the ones that usually hold the purse strings.

Also just so people know where I stand, I think a lot of Rugers are crap, and Taurus too but I dont put people down who own them. Buy what you want. If you want a sugar coated opinion only read curtain members posts on ingo and put me on your ignore list.
    If you want an honest OPINION without the lube, read my posts or dont. Makes no difference to me

Last edited:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I love the sigs I own but it isnt any new pistols. I bet I own more sigs than some sig fan boys. I'm a glock fan because it's a tool I use that works. Not my favorite pistol to shoot or look at either.
    Get ready for the mic drop ... I also own 2 1911's as of right now, oh the humanity!!! But they wouldnt be the first guns I'd grab to defend myself. Ones a sig to ;)
    I'll bash glock too If they pulled the crap sig did with the military and police agencies.
    I bet sig is practically giving their pistols away to certain agencies just to make it look like the agencies are selecting them based on reliability and faith in them. Behind closed doors I bet they are signing a lot of non disclosure agreements (not saying other manufactirers havent done that too including glock and I've called them out on ingo for it too in the past) I'm an equal opportunity hater
    Just because a government agency picks a certain pistol doesnt mean it was the best for the job.
    Also the army us deffinately full of smart gun people. It's also full of dip****s and its full of politicians and corrupt SOB's who like to line their own pockets and further their own careers. Those are the ones that usually hold the purse strings.

Also just so people know where I stand, I think a lot of Rugers are crap, and Taurus too but I dont put people down who own them. Buy what you want. If you want a sugar coated opinion only read curtain members posts on ingo and put me on your ignore list.
    If you want an honest OPINION without the lube, read my posts or dont. Makes no difference to me

I've owned hammer fired sigs, I've owned 1911's including 2 sig 1911s. They've all ended in me selling them. I even carried a 1911 at my wedding (2 bad choices in 1 day). I can't remember if it was a 228 or a 229 but I loved the way that gun felt in my hand. I'll even admit I liked shooting a 320. With the reliability issues though I won't own one. I carried a sig 2022 for awhile and absolutely loved it. I am not as proficient with DA/SA as I am striker fired and Sig has failed thus far at striker fired guns. There hammer fired guns are absolutely fine.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    ...Having said that, if you own anything other than a Ford pickup truck, you have been taken advantage of and are putting you and your family at risk!

That does it. I am headed to the Ford dealership. If there is one thing that I have learned is that statements made on the internet are factual, based upon proper perspective and presented without bias. Thank you for saving my family, BE Mike. Maybe while I am out I can trade this P365 for something else. Maybe a Kimber Solo?

The underlying point here is that quality control is held to a much higher standard now that the Court of Internet exists. Final product testing on consumers is neither new, rare or exclusive to the firearms industry or manufacturing, as a whole. Rolling changes are not new, rare or exclusive to the firearms industry.

Luckily, as firearm consumers we have a plethora of choices in the size, caliber or platform we desire. We each will take our own experience, research, desires, needs and bias into a decision. The Mouse 9 market is no exception.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    The Internet product review hysteria has created a double-edged sword. On one hand, it is a great way to find out about issues/recalls, etc.

On the other hand, it gives the haters a chance to bash and perpetuate rumors or take a few instances and turn them into a worldwide crisis.

My personal filter to differentiate between these two is to check the volume level of the messenger. The more yelling, screaming and bashing I hear, the less I listen. Those with reasonable concerns BORN FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE are the ones that get my attention.

Everyone else, I tune out.

Sometimes it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff, but I gotta say this thread has a lot of chaff flying around.

The odds of the P365 failing are slim. The odds of you having to defend your life are even slimmer. The odd that both of those thing happening at the same are probably close to zero.

I trust SIG to fix the issues just like all of the other manufacturers have had to do.

If you don't trust a 1st generation gun, don't buy it. That is your call, and I can't say I don't agree. But to bash SIG and the P365 when you don't own one or care to own one is a bunch of bull chaff. (The other word I wanted to use would be censored by the BBS software.)

You are not adding anything constructive to this thread.

I personally loved the P365 when I shot it, and it ate everything we threw at it. Not sure if I am going to buy one soon, but I would guess that someday, I will own one.

Top Bottom