• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm not so sure the striker drag leading to firing pin breakage (at least correlation if not causation) has been eliminated, but if it has that would be great. Of course, I don't expect Sig to ever say anything about it even if it was/is being corrected. One thing to remember with the 365 is that it does come with night sights. For many of us that is an additional cost of anywhere from $75 to $125 on a carry gun depending on the sights one prefers.

I thought Sig admitted they had a batch of firing pins that were a little soft on the heat treat a couple months back (the ones you hear about breaking now)

If you're curious on one you can call Sig, run the serial number to see if it falls in the range of soft pins

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I thought Sig admitted they had a batch of firing pins that were a little soft on the heat treat a couple months back (the ones you hear about breaking now)

If you're curious on one you can call Sig, run the serial number to see if it falls in the range of soft pins

If that's the case, that would be great (especially if Sig posted something on their website, along with a handy way to easily check).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    [video=youtube;6q53AIs2LeA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q53AIs2LeA[/video]
    FYI, a classic Sig fan's (who's also a design engineer) initial opinion on the P365. After 7:38 they're discussing ProTEQ's hybrid holsters.

Are you Matt?

I heard that Steven was back, but I have not seen him since before he graduated. I also didn't know he was making holsters!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Bumping this up. What’s the general opinion on the P365 now?

It rocks. And with the modularity, you can put an XL grip module on a regular 365 slide and vice versa, as well as availability of aftermarket grip modules. I believe the 12 round mags sold now come with both floor plates to accommodate either grip module.

I very much like my 365's.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Love my P365, put 1300 rounds thru it and gave it to my wife earlier in the year to replace her G42. Then I bought myself a P365XL. Very happy with both.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I’m torn between a sig p365 or a Glock 48.

I haven’t held the Sig, but I don’t wanna be a Glock fan boy either
    The main differences I see are the completely different triggers. I'm not a fan of the tabbed triggers. I really like the Sig's trigger action. For my medium sized hands, the 365 fits. If you have large hands, it might not be for you. I like that both the rear and front sights on the Sig are dovetailed. For such a small pistol, the recoil impulse of the 365 is very manageable. I like not having to pull the trigger of the Sig to field strip it for cleaning. Other than that, both are easy to field strip. Of course your best bet is to go to a commercial range and rent both to try out, if that is an option. I almost forgot; the Sig P 365 comes standard with night sights.

Last edited:

Mmccalip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I have the P365xl and I love it. It is a great gun. My G43 sits in the safe these days and the P365xl goes with me everywhere. I put a Shield RMSc on it and it’s money.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I’m torn between a sig p365 or a Glock 48.

I haven’t held the Sig, but I don’t wanna be a Glock fan boy either

Of course your best bet is to go to a commercial range and rent both to try out, if that is an option. I almost forgot; the Sig P 365 comes standard with night sights.

Or do what I did and get both! I've owned the G48 longer. Dimensional the P365 is much more compact. The P365 is more like a thicker Glock 42 which of course is a 380. I posted a picture once where the G42 pretty much hides the P365 underneath it. It makes my old SIG P239 seem like a full size service pistol. I'm not sure if I have ever fired my Smith Shield since buying the P365.

I have shot the G48 more. I can't see the P365 night sights worth squat at the covered ranges I shoot at. The Glock white dot I see much better. In fairness I am badly in need of a new prescription.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Or do what I did and get both! I've owned the G48 longer. Dimensional the P365 is much more compact. The P365 is more like a thicker Glock 42 which of course is a 380. I posted a picture once where the G42 pretty much hides the P365 underneath it. It makes my old SIG P239 seem like a full size service pistol. I'm not sure if I have ever fired my Smith Shield since buying the P365.

I have shot the G48 more. I can't see the P365 night sights worth squat at the covered ranges I shoot at. The Glock white dot I see much better. In fairness I am badly in need of a new prescription.

I'd (just after a quick look) compare the XL and the 48 more than a standard 365 and a 48.

That said, pick the slide length you want on the 365 and go with the appropriate gun there and then you can swap whatever grip module on it you want to match that desired size.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/glock-g48-vs-sig-sauer-p365-xl

Last edited:
    Top Bottom