• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Which is the exact OPPOSITE of the 1500 policy. Vendors aren't supposed to carry AT ALL (even unloaded).

homer-doh.jpg

Wait? Wait! You mean to tell me the LEO got it wrong! ;)

KCJarman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Noblesville
    No kidding spitfire..... I was by the roasted nuts booth when it happened.... My friend and I went bone stiff, along with the rest of the place. You could have heard a pin drop. I was anticipating screams and yells. But none came forth. I knew it was a firearm discharge but a few people beside me said, "No, it must have been a pallet being dropped on the floor." My friend and I were in the process of leaving when it happened and the crossing guard (Sheriff) said it fact it was a guy that shot himself in the hand. You can imagine the conversation we had on the way home. I'm so glad to hear that no one else was injured in the incident, and that he is banned from the show.

One great note: I picked up a Used (unfired) M&P Pro 9 at the show.... smokin hot deal... couldn't pass it up. :)

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    so he was obviously fiddling with a loaded firearm. It would be one thing if that loaded firearm was safely locked up under a table or something, but messing with a firearm around a crowd like that is just silly.

I have been to the 1500 about 3 times in the past 3 years, and this just confirms my interest in NOT going. Too bad, what a shame.

Gun shows - this will not end well. It's just a matter of time before irresponsibility ruins the fun for all.

remnut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    WOW!!! I'm glad I decided to wait till tomorrow to go. And what kind of MORON plays with a loaded gun in a building where there are that many people??????

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    homer-doh.jpg

Wait? Wait! You mean to tell me the LEO got it wrong! ;)

They're not supposed to carry, but virtually every one of them does, and every other vendor knows it. This is the second show this year that a vendor has had a negligent discharge, too.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    He apparently sublet some tables that were originally reserved by another vendor, but he wasn't actually part of that organization. He was selling guns, but I haven't talked to anyone who knows his name. According to the guy at the table behind him, he was field stripping his Glock 27, and dropped the mag (which was loaded), but didn't realize there was still a round in the chamber and somehow engaged the trigger. After grazing his hand, the round hit the floor, leaving a fragment on the floor and the rest of the bullet in his neighbor's tool box. There is a hole in the exterior of the toolbox, but whatever was in it stopped the round, and the police retrieved the bullet from inside.

The guy, with hand bandaged, was helping to carry out his gear after being kicked out, so he's not in too bad shape.

Geesh.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am going to the show tomorrow with my brother in law, he is not into guns at all, but my wife and sister are going to be laying out by the pool so he would rather come with me than do that.

If this had happened when he was there, he would have pissed himself.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    He apparently sublet some tables that were marked "Sherer," but he wasn't actually part of the Sherer organization. He was selling guns, but I haven't talked to anyone who knows his name. According to the guy at the table behind him, he was field stripping his Glock 27, and dropped the mag (which was loaded), but didn't realize there was still a round in the chamber and somehow engaged the trigger. After grazing his hand, the round hit the floor, leaving a fragment on the floor and the rest of the bullet in his neighbor's tool box. There is a hole in the exterior of the toolbox, but whatever was in it stopped the round, and the police retrieved the bullet from inside.

The guy, with hand bandaged, was helping to carry out his gear after being kicked out, so he's not in too bad shape.

Geesh.

It was a GLOCK... THAT explains it.... :D

I figure SOMEONE has to start that party! :):

remnut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    KCJarman I'm hoping you did leave me something,hate to make a trip up there for nothing. If those vendors would lower thier prices they would be too busy doin paperwork to be playing with thier guns.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    The whole place got quite after the shot, I was really surprised to see how fast things just went back to normal. I figured I would see at least 10 commandos go for their deep concealment back ups and take a defensive position. I didn't even see any cops rushing around.

I seen the ambulance leaving when I was on the way out to pick up some steel from Bobcat. I think the dude was in it, not sure. I am glad he won't be back though.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    It was the table near the Vendor Exit on the complete opposite side of the building that everyone else enters. Did anyone see the police chase outside the 1500 around 5:30 - 6?

I about got caught up in it on 38th, I couldn't figure out what was going on.

KCJarman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Noblesville
    I have to commend every officer in the place. No fast movements, no drawn weapons. Calm and collected. I'm sure it would have been a different story if people were running and screaming.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    He apparently sublet some tables that were marked "Sherer," but he wasn't actually part of the Sherer organization. He was selling guns, but I haven't talked to anyone who knows his name. According to the guy at the table behind him, he was field stripping his Glock 27, and dropped the mag (which was loaded), but didn't realize there was still a round in the chamber and somehow engaged the trigger. After grazing his hand, the round hit the floor, leaving a fragment on the floor and the rest of the bullet in his neighbor's tool box. There is a hole in the exterior of the toolbox, but whatever was in it stopped the round, and the police retrieved the bullet from inside.

Geesh.

Purple: Obviously we can now start blaming this on the Glock's field strip method, which requires the stripper (field stripper, that is) to remember whether he emptied the chamber while other handguns have a method that does not make it so easy to overlook or forget. :purple

Glad nobody else was hurt. Glad the guy isn't hurt too seriously. Glad the 1500 takes a strong policy on NDs. Sad that continued NDs may nonetheless be the downfall of gun shows once the nanny state realizes the opportunity, let alone all the "gun show 'loophole'" antis.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    We were on the opposite side of the show when it happened and it sounded like a table falling over. It wasn't very loud but there was an awkward silence immediately after. I didn't see anyone at all running around but overheard the sgt say they were still investigating and the guy denied going to the hospital. He left with his hand wrapped up.

Top Bottom