• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Theres a good watch store on like the 3rd floor I think of the water tower mall.
    Also harray carrays up on top and the sports museum is free with your dining receipt.
    No metal detectors or real security at navy pier. Bubba gump shrimp or harray carrays is my choice there.
    If you want a good steak Smith & Wollinskys on wacker by the house of blues or harray carrays Italian steakhouse if you have the kids with you.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Theres a good watch store on like the 3rd floor I think of the water tower mall.
    Also harray carrays up on top and the sports museum is free with your dining receipt.
    No metal detectors or real security at navy pier. Bubba gump shrimp or harray carrays is my choice there.
    If you want a good steak Smith & Wollinskys on wacker by the house of blues or harray carrays Italian steakhouse if you have the kids with you.
    Tourneau is the watch store I think you’re talking about, I bought a pre-owned Breitling SuperOcean there once. I’ve not been to Smith &Wolinskys, I really have a hard time not eating at Lawrys, and after that, Lou Malnati’s pizza. There’s so much more, but those are my go to’s, my wife is probably tired of both, but it’s my reward for paying the obscene rates at the Mag Mile Marriott so she can shop. $48 for PARKING!?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If I go to Cheddar's to see the aquarium, not only am I am able to manage my own security without Illinois-imposed restrictions, but I can also enjoy a Monte Cristo.

I love their Monte Cristo!!!!! :rockwoot:

As to the security at Shedd, I've been told by inside sources that all the sharks have friggin' laser beams on their heads.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Tourneau is the watch store I think you’re talking about, I bought a pre-owned Breitling SuperOcean there once. I’ve not been to Smith &Wolinskys, I really have a hard time not eating at Lawrys, and after that, Lou Malnati’s pizza. There’s so much more, but those are my go to’s, my wife is probably tired of both, but it’s my reward for paying the obscene rates at the Mag Mile Marriott so she can shop. $48 for PARKING!?
    Yep that's it. You probably have "a guy" there then, but if not I can recomend one that is very knowledgeable and helpful there. Hes a watch guy himself. I cant stand it when someone who's selling a gun, watch, sunglasses, car, insert item > here < doesnt know the product they are selling. My next one up there will be a Panerai luminor 1950 gmt. Along with breitling you mentioned they are also an AD for panerai.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yep that's it. You probably have "a guy" there then, but if not I can recomend one that is very knowledgeable and helpful there. Hes a watch guy himself. I cant stand it when someone who's selling a gun, watch, sunglasses, car, insert item > here < doesnt know the product they are selling. My next one up there will be a Panerai luminor 1950 gmt. Along with breitling you mentioned they are also an AD for panerai.
    I had a girl there, dumber than a football bat, but smokin' hawt, I wasn't even looking to buy a watch and she love love loved it on me sooo.... She's no longer there.:(last time there I was looking at a plain jane IWC straight 24hour face, and nylon Zulu strap and was ready to buy until I found out that plain jane IWC's are $12K:n00b::n00b:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I had a girl there, dumber than a football bat, but smokin' hawt, I wasn't even looking to buy a watch and she love love loved it on me sooo.... She's no longer there.:(last time there I was looking at a plain jane IWC straight 24hour face, and nylon Zulu strap and was ready to buy until I found out that plain jane IWC's are $12K:n00b::n00b:
    LOL!
    well if she is hot she will make it lol.
    Man I love some of the IWC watches but yeah I'm also like daaaaamn! For that much I'll have to pick something with alittle more flare.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    LOL!
    well if she is hot she will make it lol.
    Man I love some of the IWC watches but yeah I'm also like daaaaamn! For that much I'll have to pick something with alittle more flare.
    For $12K I don’t want flair, I want GOLD! That’s what killed me, it looks just like my Hamilton Khaki Pilot, except $11K more? No HJ, no BJ, (to be honest, the sales girl woulda probably provided both had I bought the watch?), but even I couldn’t justify the expense, and that’s saying a lot.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Carry in Chicago without a permit, on public parks, living out of state......

Like living dangerously?

IF you get caught - it will not be pretty
    And if you get caught without it, it may not be pretty. I would prefer to deep conceal and take my chances with LE, than disarm and take my chances with criminal dirtbags...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    36p208k.jpg

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I’ve been informed that I am taking the family to Shedd Aquarium and the Museum of Science and Industry soonly. I’ve seen there is no real security at MSI, but can’t find anything on Shedd. I will carry everywhere I’m not wanted/scanned, rules be damned, but need a heads up if any one knows. Will be staying one night at Mag Mile Marriott, so dinner at Lawrys The Prome Rib, and a.m. contemplating shopping Water Tower, but after the wilding weekend, ? Next night going to cheaper Marriott in Oakbrook, and commute downtown for Navy Pier also need security heads up for there? Any intel for downtown security at attractions would be appreciated. Haven’t been in two years, so need to know what’s changed.
    Hey Vig, if you're going to be in the area anyway, head over to Navy Pier and take your family on one of the Sea Dog cruises. Say that you want to be on the trip that Anna (Daughter oze) will be narrating.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County

Absolutely correct, I completely agree. That said, when visiting with a family of 6 (kids range from 4-12), hands on may not be the best family defense option. Although my 10 & 12 y/o's are both second degree black belts and I'm sure would love to try, lol.

Situational awareness is priority one for dw & I. Fortunately she has a strong sheepdog heart & brain, as well. Preplanning our visit, so that we have a very good idea where we are going without looking like tourists, is high on our list too.

Top Bottom