• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’ve been informed that I am taking the family to Shedd Aquarium and the Museum of Science and Industry soonly. I’ve seen there is no real security at MSI, but can’t find anything on Shedd. I will carry everywhere I’m not wanted/scanned, rules be damned, but need a heads up if any one knows. Will be staying one night at Mag Mile Marriott, so dinner at Lawrys The Prome Rib, and a.m. contemplating shopping Water Tower, but after the wilding weekend, ? Next night going to cheaper Marriott in Oakbrook, and commute downtown for Navy Pier also need security heads up for there? Any intel for downtown security at attractions would be appreciated. Haven’t been in two years, so need to know what’s changed.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I used to work at the Shedd and there was never any type of wand/scan at the entrances. It's been a few years since I have been there but am not aware that that has changed. If I can get any info, I'll be sure to share it here. Trying to think of who I know that is still working there that I would feel comfortable asking that question.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good to know...I was just getting ready to contact someone at the Shedd after figuring out who might be okay with answering that question for me.

Would they not wand the stroller too?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I've been, but its been almost 6 years ago. Personal opinion. Newport in Ky blows it out of the water and I'd almost pick another museum instead of the aquarium.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Carry in Chicago without a permit, on public parks, living out of state......

Like living dangerously?

IF you get caught - it will not be pretty

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Would they not wand the stroller too?
    Stroller is mostly made of metal, and has some places that will fit a 43 that will be very hard to wand, but even a cursory search will yield nothing. They go in depth and make take **** apart, then I may be in trouble.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Carry in Chicago without a permit, on public parks, living out of state......

Like living dangerously?

IF you get caught - it will not be pretty
    IF being the operative word, IF I need it, well... If I don't, nobody but me will know its there. I'm playing the odds that a misdemeanor UUW can be plead out with a good lawyer, using self defense as a positive defense to breaking their silly no reciprocity rules. Convicted felons get OR'd for felony carrying a firearm in Chicago, I'm thinking a well dressed family man with no record will fare much, much better. Plus, I'll tell them I vote Democrat 3times per election.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If I go to Cheddar's to see the aquarium, not only am I am able to manage my own security without Illinois-imposed restrictions, but I can also enjoy a Monte Cristo.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I have been told a portable oxygen device provides fantastic benefits. Even if you do not need one.

Craigslist...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have been told a portable oxygen device provides fantastic benefits. Even if you do not need one.

Craigslist...
    I thought about thunderwear, and when the wand passed over and beeped, telling them I’m a stunt c@$& actor, and I had an accident so “it” is in a brace!?

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    IF being the operative word, IF I need it, well... If I don't, nobody but me will know its there. I'm playing the odds that a misdemeanor UUW can be plead out with a good lawyer, using self defense as a positive defense to breaking their silly no reciprocity rules. Convicted felons get OR'd for felony carrying a firearm in Chicago, I'm thinking a well dressed family man with no record will [STRIKE]fare much, much better[/STRIKE] be made an example of so some young prosecutor can get his name in the paper. Plus, I'll tell them I vote Democrat 3times per election.

FTFY.

But seriously, you do what you gotta do based on what's best for your family. Good luck to you.

Top Bottom