• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Nobody should be surprised a 1.5L engine has no smash, even if it does have a (tiny) turbo.

A 2.0T Equinox would have 80hp+ on the 1.5 when running premium fuel and likely be a different experience. Certainly no X5M, but better...

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Nobody should be surprised a 1.5L engine has no smash, even if it does have a (tiny) turbo.

A 2.0T Equinox would have 80hp+ on the 1.5 when running premium fuel and likely be a different experience. Certainly no X5M, but better...
    I mean, it would have to be better :dunno: My lawnmower could probably give it a run for it’s money off the line…

Reactions: wcd

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Equinox is having a hell of a time with the dirty side, internal PCV valves clogging. It is expensive fix, $1000-1500. Best case it puts you in limp mode.....worse case it blows out the rear main seal. Had this same problem with my 2019 Malibu Turbo.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Doesn't sound like your borrowed Equinox is the turbo model, which is quicker 0-60 than a Tahoe. Not sure what displacement gets you when a lot of smaller turbocharged engines outperform larger NA engines in HP and torque in similar applications.
    TheTahoe has been up fitted so there is that.
    Happy for it to be back in service.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Equinox is having a hell of a time with the dirty side, internal PCV valves clogging. It is expensive fix, $1000-1500. Best case it puts you in limp mode.....worse case it blows out the rear main seal. Had this same problem with my 2019 Malibu Turbo.
    The PCV system in all of the turbo GM vehicles is a disaster, heck even some of the NA are a mess.

Top Bottom