• IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And there we have it...
    You don't want to even think about the issues,
    You want someone to do it for you, and eventually they are going to.
    You won't do ANYTHING but complain about every result of that...
    No. Since you are too intellectually challenged to grasp the obvious, let me break it down for you. My rights are not subject to being truncated or revoked because people who are too goddamned stupid to accept workable solutions don't want those solutions yet scream "DO SOMETHING". Keep your ****ing hands off my guns.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    And there we have it...

I think the vast majority of people who belong to INGO do think about the issues. Your posts are nothing more than an attempt to proclaim your perceived intellectual superiority. This you do by trying to proclaim that those who disagree with you are ignorant and lacking in understanding.

According to you we should just accept what the elected politicians claim is in the best interest of the people as truth and fact. None if us should look beyond the end of our noses to see what is heading towards us. We should remain blissfully unaware. Ain't happening!

Your incessant preaching reminds me of the song "Don't worry, be happy". I wish you the best living in your state of denial. I live In the world of reality (which is much harder to live in).

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I'm not 'Exterme Enough' for several of these guys... I can live with that.
    The question still remains, what about the root issues?
    How do you filter out the mass shooters,
    Or how do you stop the crap that prompts them to do the mass shootings prompting the proposed "Assault Weapons" bans?

Have you any ideas about that?
    Spent even one minute on how to prevent mass shooter types from getting firearms in the first place?

The 70% or so of non-firearms owners in the U.S. are scared, and they are the majority of voters...
    Have you spent even one minute trying to figure out how to reduce/eliminate the mass shootings so they ARE SAFE and don't demand more firearms laws/restrictions?

The way *THEY* see it, no firearms capable of mass shootings, no mass shootings.
    What's your solution to the issue?

What is *Your* calm, rational, reasonable solution to the issue of mass shooters?
    More people should be scared about drunk drivers. How do we “filter them out”? What have you done to do so?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I flat guarantee you I've put far more thought into this issue than you have. Many others here have too. Enough to realize your simple-minded universal background checks and registration will not even have a slight chance of working.

Come up with something we haven't already thought of only to figure out it won't work.

You can't. Why? Because there is no way of removing evil or insane people from society until after they do something horrible.

You aren't getting our guns. Accept it. You're just not.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    And now the 2A extremists refused to get together and do anything, people are going to *Try* and go WAY too far...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    And there we have it...

And now the 2A extremists refused to get together and do anything, people are going to *Try* and go WAY too far...

We are all together. We just aren't on board with any more gun control. We've gotten together with gun grabbers and compromised many many times, and all it ever results in is us losing more of our rights. We're done compromising.

You and others who continuously harp for "reasonable restrictions" don't ever stop.

You and others like you don't seem to quite grasp that we "extremists" as you call us have actual, real lines in the sand, and if they get crossed, bad things will happen.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I don't want to tell others what to do, but I would not want to speak for Kut on that matter.

Existing regulations are not endorsed by the extremists, and there lies the problem.
    The 5 minute background checks for firearms transfers for example.

If you read this thread alone, you will see none of the extremists say a word about excluding dangerously mentally ill, convicted felons, etc.
    They rant on about *There Rights* as inclusive for everyone.

I don't include myself in that lump of people, not a felon, not dangerously mentally ill, not addicted to drugs, etc.

Since I was "Young & Dumb" at one time I know the ignorant/stupid ideas young folks can come up with.
    I'm not a fan of children/adolescents with firearms that are unsupervised.
    And again, I was one of those that wasn't too bright back then, I shot up into the air, ect.
    I had 24/7 access to firearms, but the idea of using one to harm someone never crossed my mind until I joined the Marines.

It's common sense, which way too many people these days don't have.
    See anyone that *Thinks* firearms are going anywhere anytime soon, and the people that won't consider mentally ill, convicts, and handing out "Assault Weapons" to everyone with $100 is a good idea.
    Just pipe dreams on both sides.

At the top of this it was a question about "Banning ARs", it's possible...
    Particularly when the owners are the vast minority and refuse anything but open access to anything anyone can afford,
    With no restrictions, no security, no responsibility with what happens to those firearms.

Since we DON'T live in a vacuum, and we are NOT the majority, it's a good idea to endorse common sense, while rejecting the lunatic fringe of firearms ownership.

Its up to US, the firearms owners to figure this out since the other side is being sold the idea that banning firearms will stop crime, and in particular mass shootings.

The best press around here was armed civilians protecting schools a while back.
    The police admitted they couldn't cover all entries/exits of every school,
    Civilians took up posts just off school properly and watched the schools (After a 'Credible Threat').

These guys were lauded by locals for what they did, raised awareness of 'Good Guy With Firearms', and generally created goodwill.

Idiots marching in the state/national capitol with firearms isn't good press, reinforces the idea of lunatic militias running around trying to overthrow the government, ect.
    Makes them VERY uncomfortable, and scared people go too far...

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    You really just won't listen, much less learn, will you?

You happen to notice that literally no one here is agreeing with your sentiment? No one...

Haven't heard from 'Everyone', just the people that want to insult...
    The extremists that won't even consider what's happening in the actual world.

*IF* your position is so convincing, then convince me, an avid firearms owner and shooter...
    If you can't do that, then what chance do you have with the scared 70% of the population?

Keep the insults and ego out of it, just give your best debate points...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Existing regulations are not endorsed by the extremists, and there lies the problem.

If you read this thread alone, you will see none of the extremists say a word about excluding dangerously mentally ill, convicted felons, etc.

I don't include myself in that lump of people, not a felon, not dangerously mentally ill, not addicted to drugs, etc.

Since I was "Young & Dumb" at one time I know the ignorant/stupid ideas young folks can come up with.
    And again, I was one of those that wasn't too bright back then, I shot up into the air, ect.
    I had 24/7 access to firearms, but the idea of using one to harm someone never crossed my mind until I joined the Marines.

See anyone that *Thinks* firearms are going anywhere anytime soon, and the people that won't consider mentally ill, convicts, and handing out "Assault Weapons" to everyone with $100 is a good idea.

Particularly when the owners are the vast minority and refuse anything but open access to anything anyone can afford,
    With no restrictions, no security, no responsibility with what happens to those firearms.

Since we DON'T live in a vacuum, and we are NOT the majority, it's a good idea to endorse common sense, while rejecting the lunatic fringe of firearms ownership.

Its up to US, the firearms owners to figure this out since the other side is being sold the idea that banning firearms will stop crime, and in particular mass shootings.

Civilians took up posts just off school properly and watched the schools (After a 'Credible Threat').

These guys were lauded by locals for what they did, raised awareness of 'Good Guy With Firearms', and generally created goodwill.

Idiots marching in the state/national capitol with firearms isn't good press, reinforces the idea of lunatic militias running around trying to overthrow the government, ect.
    No., we are NOT going to suck leftist dick and beg them not to encroach much further on a right that was not subject to negotiation in the first place.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Actually that quote is incorrect. It was part of a letter that the assembly of Pennsylvania drafted Franklin into writing to a governor that was refusing to sign a tax bill on the Penn family's land to arm and aid frontier families that were having issues with Indians. Here is the relevant paragraph from Franklin's letter to the governor, and a link to the entire letter.

"In fine, we have the most sensible Concern for the poor distressed Inhabitants of the Frontiers. We have taken every Step in our Power, consistent with the just Rights of the Freemen of Pennsylvania, for their Relief, and we have Reason to believe, that in the Midst of their Distresses they themselves do not wish us to go farther. Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.9 Such as were inclined to defend themselves, but unable to purchase Arms and Ammunition, have, as we are informed, been supplied with both, as far as Arms could be procured, out of Monies given by the last Assembly for the King’s Use; and the large Supply of Money offered by this Bill, might enable the Governor to do every Thing else that should be judged necessary for their farther Security, if he shall think fit to accept it. Whether he could, as he supposes, “if his Hands had been properly strengthened, have put the Province into such a Posture of Defence, as might have prevented the present Mischiefs,” seems to us uncertain; since late Experience in our neighbouring Colony of Virginia (which had every Advantage for that Purpose that could be desired) shows clearly, that it is next to impossible to guard effectually an extended Frontier, settled by scattered single Families at two or three Miles Distance, so as to secure them from the insiduous Attacks of small Parties of skulking Murderers: But thus much is certain, that by refusing our Bills from Time to Time, by which great Sums were seasonably offered, he has rejected all the Strength that Money could afford him; and if his Hands are still weak or unable, he ought only to blame himself, or those who have tied them."

https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Franklin/01-06-02-0107

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

*IF* your position is so convincing, then convince me, an avid firearms owner and shooter...
    If you can't do that, then what chance do you have with the scared 70% of the population?

Not possible with you. You refuse to accept that the constitution means exactly what it says, therefore we have no common ground. You have chosen to join the domestic enemies deliberately trying to destroy the republic, therefore you ARE a domestic enemy.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

The "debate points" are all over this thread and all over this forum. All you have to do is listen, which apparently you have difficulty doing. :dunno:

I'm sorry you seem to be "insulted" when told you are wrong. :scratch:

Most folks understand that when everyone else is "wrong," that it just might be time to take a look in the mirror?

Again sir, I'll suggest that your smartest move here is to leave this topic alone. You are not selling anyone to your mindset, which again should tell you something. :nono:

Step back and study this topic information from virtually all of your fellow INGOers.

Plenty of other topics of discussion where your expertise is welcome and appreciated. You ain't winning here, and you never will. Hopefully one day you will figure out why?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Some people unfortunately simply refuse to learn, refuse to pay attention to people who know more than they do, all the while basking in the glow of their own self-righteous hubris.

I can't put it any more simply - many of us just won't comply with registration or universal background checks. And we aren't giving up our weapons. Figure something else out because those things aren't happening no matter how badly the Bidenistas want it.

Oh, and see my signature. I'm a free man. If that marks me as an extremist, then so be it.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

So you want to bust everyone down to the lowest common denominator by comparing them to yourself. I was never a Marine, but I’ve damn sure never fired into the air (or done anything remotely that stupid with a gun).

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    [...]Keep the insults and ego out of it, just give your best debate points...
    Do you mean like labeling those with opposing viewpoints, those with conviction to say “no more” as extremists?

Many here have watched as “reasonable gun control” was focused on cosmetic attributes of a firearm type that invoked an emotional response. As the law abiding have been demonized for the actions of the criminals...

if you are serious about addressing crime and violence, it isn’t the tool used that needs to be the focus, but a honest all out evaluation of the socioeconomic and mental health factors that set the conditions for much of this...

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Guns arent the problem, never have been. Most of us know that.

People have been harming others WAY before guns came along.

I've been called a lot of things by a lot of people, extremist hasn't been one but that's fine. If standing up for OUR rights makes me "extreme", so be it. :twocents:

Top Bottom