• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Now this is exactly why the pro-firearms folks don't make any progress at all.
    WAY too busy name calling, trying to be more 'Extreme' than the next guy, etc.
    (You can thank the NRA coming off the rails for that...)

There are very good reasons we don't pass out firearms in grade schools, prisons, ect.
    Try extending that common sense a little further... And you might be into something.

'Good' & 'Bad' are society concepts basked on what is beneficial or harmful to society as a whole...
    Regardless if ONE or more persons believe something different.
    There are idiots that argue against public utilities that deliver power, clean water, take away sewage...
    But it's for the benefit of everyone in the society.

'Good' & 'Evil' is a religious context.
    I'm sure the 'Christian' and 'Islamic' details are different, and would be defined differently by the 3,000 or so current religious sects.
    I'm not interested in trying to define, quantify or qualify the differences of 3,000 religious sects.

Now, TRY to break down how to identify mass shooters, so the shootings can be prevented...
    I'd start with violent criminals, with the violently mentally ill,
    With people that promote things like mass shootings, the less influence they have the better...

I'd start with 100% universal background checks when firearms change hands.
    That's what the entire call in background check system is for...
    If you can't afford $15 for a dealer to do the check, then the buyer simply can't afford the firearm or afford to keep it safe.

A good example would be the Kenosha shooter, underaged and wouldn't have been able to pass the 3 minute phone call background check...

How about firearms lockers?
    A bunch of the shootings are legally owned firearms being taken by other than the lawful owner.
    A person has to have ACCESS to both firearm & ammunition to commit a mass shooting... Isn't that common sense?

Identifying the firearms status on the state issued ID is a good idea.
    Since the far right is so worried about voter fraud, we have had to triple verify our Identity, get a 'Star' on our drivers licences/state ID card.
    How about room for FP (firearms prohibited), FR (firearms restricted) or CC (concealed carry) right on state issued ID?

And again, the problem with 'Extremists' is the next guy isn't extreme enough for them, and therefore 'Weak' or an 'Enemy'.
    I just call the people that don't agree with me 'Folks'.
    Not being an extremist I don't have to name call or carry on like the world is on fire, I'm willing to listen, come up with workable ideas, etc.
    Your background checks won't work without total, complete registration, and BATFE searches regularly to make sure everybody still has what they're supposed to have. Otherwise how would the .Gov know whether or not a background check has been done? And millions of us will not comply with that.

There is no way you're getting our firearms away from us. It's just not going to happen. You want a workable solution? Gun bans and background checks which literally millions of us won't comply with, aren't it.

YOU need to come up with something we extremists will work with. So far you've failed because your solution won't work and will only harm US.

Did you know convicted criminals can't be required to register their firearms? That's a 5th Amendment violation.

As I said before, the only thing that would actually prevent mass shootings is locking up people before they've actually committed their murders, solely based on suspicion that they might someday do that.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

There are very good reasons we don't pass out firearms in grade schools, prisons, ect.
    Try extending that common sense a little further... And you might be into something.

'Good' & 'Bad' are society concepts basked on what is beneficial or harmful to society as a whole...
    There are idiots that argue against public utilities that deliver power, clean water, take away sewage...

I'm sure the 'Christian' and 'Islamic' details are different, and would be defined differently by the 3,000 or so current religious sects.
    I'm not interested in trying to define, quantify or qualify the differences of 3,000 religious sects.

Now, TRY to break down how to identify mass shooters, so the shootings can be prevented...
    With people that promote things like mass shootings, the less influence they have the better...

If you can't afford $15 for a dealer to do the check, then the buyer simply can't afford the firearm or afford to keep it safe.

A good example would be the Kenosha shooter, underaged and wouldn't have been able to pass the 3 minute phone call background check...

A bunch of the shootings are legally owned firearms being taken by other than the lawful owner.
    A person has to have ACCESS to both firearm & ammunition to commit a mass shooting... Isn't that common sense?

Since the far right is so worried about voter fraud, we have had to triple verify our Identity, get a 'Star' on our drivers licences/state ID card.
    How about room for FP (firearms prohibited), FR (firearms restricted) or CC (concealed carry) right on state issued ID?

And again, the problem with 'Extremists' is the next guy isn't extreme enough for them, and therefore 'Weak' or an 'Enemy'.
    Not being an extremist I don't have to name call or carry on like the world is on fire, I'm willing to listen, come up with workable ideas, etc.
    51ba8132dcdb2b9e1357a70d9a737404.jpg

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI

A $15 dollar fee and any sort of fee based licensing is fundamentally regressive, and amounts to a tax on the exercise of unalienable rights. Such fees and licensing requirements also disproportionately impact the poor and by extension because of colinearity, people of color. You're literally advocating denying/impinging on the rights of people of color, just to set some baseline here.

It's no different than a poll tax. Are you for poll taxes?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I'm not sure that we can bring you back, my friend. You are way too ate up from drinking the liberal anti-gun koolaid.

Might be you should just read for a while on the 2A and politics subjects? You mention that you would listen, so maybe you should?

Calling literally everyone else names because they think WAY differently from you should be an indicator that you are off base and out of your element?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm not 'Exterme Enough' for several of these guys... I can live with that.
    The question still remains, what about the root issues?
    How do you filter out the mass shooters,
    Or how do you stop the crap that prompts them to do the mass shootings prompting the proposed "Assault Weapons" bans?

Have you any ideas about that?
    Spent even one minute on how to prevent mass shooter types from getting firearms in the first place?

The 70% or so of non-firearms owners in the U.S. are scared, and they are the majority of voters...
    Have you spent even one minute trying to figure out how to reduce/eliminate the mass shootings so they ARE SAFE and don't demand more firearms laws/restrictions?

The way *THEY* see it, no firearms capable of mass shootings, no mass shootings.
    What's your solution to the issue?

What is *Your* calm, rational, reasonable solution to the issue of mass shooters?
    None of this is my problem. Controlling sociopaths has nothing to do with my rights. You, sir, are a disgrace to the Republic.

If you are going to get your talking points from Daily Kos and Mother Jones, maybe you would be better off spending your time with like-minded people.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Put another way, this is a list of things that shall not be infringed:
    • A well regulated Militia (the words "well regulated" refer to proficiency and top-notch training - today that would mean familiarity/proficiency with firearms, you would not want folks that have no idea how to operate a gun as your militia)
    • The right of the people to keep and bear Arms
    The first in the list says a well regulated (trained) militia has the right to exist and shall not be infringed
    That 2nd one in the list says ALL American citizens and shall not be infringed

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Or how do you stop the crap that prompts them to do the mass shootings prompting the proposed "Assault Weapons" bans?

Spent even one minute on how to prevent mass shooter types from getting firearms in the first place?

The 70% or so of non-firearms owners in the U.S. are scared, and they are the majority of voters...
    Have you spent even one minute trying to figure out how to reduce/eliminate the mass shootings so they ARE SAFE and don't demand more firearms laws/restrictions?

The way *THEY* see it, no firearms capable of mass shootings, no mass shootings.

What is *Your* calm, rational, reasonable solution to the issue of mass shooters?
    It's not my job to solve the problems of the world. You will never stop evil. It's gonna be a knife or bomb next time.

How do you stop a mass shooting? A good guy with a gun.

What ISN'T gonna stop a mass shooting? Taking my gun ("hypothetical gun", don't want you to turn me in for possessing a mean guy gun, mmmkay?)

Rifles account for 1% of shooting deaths. 85 people killed in "mass shootings" in 2018. Cars kill more people daily. You are advocating for confiscating the property of millions of citizens over that? Should we start cutting dicks off to prevent rape? I bet you wear 3 masks and beg your overlords to close down your business to keep you safe too.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

It's called public hanging on the court house lawn within a few days of guilty verdict. All public invited sell popcorn, candy and drinks. Once we start killing off murderers publicly it should put a dent in that kind of actions. Oh and televised coverage for every hanging. Murderers are not supposed to live in our country. Blame leftist for changing that law.

Then hard labor for violent felons.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dont like my opinion? Your prerogative. The sky will never fall but you'd rights can and are slowly falling. Because it doesnt impact you at this point time you seem to be very dismissive of any contrary opinion.
    Which I am positive will continue until it begins to impact you. Then I predict some bellyaching on your part.
    No, because he already said he his happy to jump through whatever "hoops" the government demands that he jump through because that makes him morally superior to... well, everyone I guess.

It's like Samuel Adams had him in mind when he said this:

"If ye love wealth better than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude
    better than the animating contest of freedom,
    go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or your arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you,
    and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Top Bottom