• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    It's OK Jay as we grow older we sometimes regress back into a child like mentality, as long as you come back rom it and into your normal self everything will be good.

LMAO.

Couldn't help it. The insane are running the asylum.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    So, are you going to close the thread now? :rolleyes:

No, I'm not. The other thread "I" closed was a misunderstanding. A mod repped me, and in reply I told him that I may ask him to close the thread if it degenerated into another bashing thread. I s'pose he took that to mean close it, and he did. Deal with it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So how does one go about getting his neighbor to turn down the blaring stereo? If you ask him real nicely and he doesn't, then what?

You assemble a lynch mob of like minded individuals and do a beat down on your neighbor. You ask your local legislaters to put noise control officers in each home. You force him to move. You insult him and call him names. Fashion him a tin foil hat. Those are just a few of the things you can do.

Or, you could just ignore it and hope he'll lose interest in annoying you and turn it down on his own.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    You assemble a lynch mob of like minded individuals and do a beat down on your neighbor. You ask your local legislaters to put noise control officers in each home. You force him to move. You insult him and call him names. Fashion him a tin foil hat. Those are just a few of the things you can do.

Or, you could just ignore it and hope he'll lose interest in annoying you and turn it down on his own.

You're assuming he's only doing it to annoy you. What if he really believes in very loud music and doesn't care what others think. Maybe he never intends to "turn it down." I really would like to know how you would handle it, hyperbole aside. I guess anyone who disagrees should just "move."

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    No, I'm not. The other thread "I" closed was a misunderstanding. A mod repped me, and in reply I told him that I may ask him to close the thread if it degenerated into another bashing thread. I s'pose he took that to mean close it, and he did. Deal with it.

"Deal with it"....:laugh:

It seems you are the one having trouble dealing with things.

WHY AGAIN DID YOU START THIS THREAD TO BEGIN WITH?!

Oh, wait....I know.

INGO was once a really neat place to hang out. Now, it's become a hotbed of political rhetoric, hate threads, pissin' matches, and people just itchin' to find something to argue about. If there's anyone who came to this board on my recommendation, I apologize to you. Many of you instigators here, be advised, the rest of us realize that you act like you do only because if you acted/spoke that way in public, you'd get yer friggin' heads knocked off.

You might want to be careful going in public.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    What facts?

INGO was once a really neat place to hang out. Now, it's become a hotbed of political rhetoric, hate threads, pissin' matches, and people just itchin' to find something to argue about.

the place was very different when it was a fresh face on the net. I'm not exactly sure when it changed, but the change really wasn't for the better. I meet people in the "gun world" every day. I used to recommend this place because it's "local" (at least to our state).
    I don't do that anymore...I recommend boards specific to their gun interests (like RFC for the rimfire crowd, or the 1911 forums for that crowd, etc.).
    Those facts ^.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You're assuming he's only doing it to annoy you. What if he really believes in very loud music and doesn't care what others think. Maybe he never intends to "turn it down." I really would like to know how you would handle it, hyperbole aside. I guess anyone who disagrees should just "move."

I did move. I'm now surrounded by 27 acres with my closest property line to my house being about 200'. There is a house about 600' across the road. The next closest house is about 3/8th of a mile. Other than that, I'm surrounded by corn fields. I could have stayed in my old white trash town and demand my neighbors live to my standards but I did the only thing I had control over as I have no desire to control others.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Those are opinions. I'm of the opinion that INGO keeps getting better. I liked it when I first started it about 3 years ago and I like it for what it is now. :yesway:

To each their own (opinion) and for your sake, I'm glad you think your board is better. Some would say you're "too close to the project" to take an objective look...but that's another "opinion".
    The "fact" is, nowadays things aren't as friendly across the membership as they used to be. It's not just because of the size of the board. It's like something in the air gone really bad.
    People just aren't nice to each other anymore. There are a few little clique-ish groups that either take the same things and run them into the ground bashing each other over the head with them or turn every thread into a "I like boobs/butts" thread...even in the womens forum where it's not invited. That's real sweet. (And also one of the reasons I don't recommend INGO to the many new-to-guns-women I meet every day. And that's sad for THEM, because Keeva's 'Women & Guns" forum has been defunct since October).
    I'll tell you this much about "opinions", though...as stated upthread ^ I bet none of the people that act like they do here on the board would ever act like that to someone's face in real life. And if they say they would...well, that's a real credit to INGO, eh?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    JetGirl, two questions:

What keeps you coming back to INGO everyday and why do you continue to post here?

Do you have any suggestions for ways to improve INGO?

To each their own (opinion) and for your sake, I'm glad you think your board is better. Some would say you're "too close to the project" to take an objective look...but that's another "opinion".
    The "fact" is, nowadays things aren't as friendly across the membership as they used to be. It's not just because of the size of the board. It's like something in the air gone really bad.
    People just aren't nice to each other anymore. There are a few little clique-ish groups that either take the same things and run them into the ground bashing each other over the head with them or turn every thread into a "I like boobs/butts" thread...even in the womens forum where it's not invited. That's real sweet. (And also one of the reasons I don't recommend INGO to the many new-to-guns-women I meet every day. And that's sad for THEM, because Keeva's 'Women & Guns" forum has been defunct since October).
    I'll tell you this much about "opinions", though...as stated upthread ^ I bet none of the people that act like they do here on the board would ever act like that to someone's face in real life. And if they say they would...well, that's a real credit to INGO, eh?

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Man, it seems like this whole forum is just a pissing match anymore. A person can't say or express anything without being jumped on.
    (I'm surprised I just posted this because I just don't want to post on here anymore and no I'm not thin skinned.)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    JetGirl, two questions:

What keeps you coming back to INGO everyday
    A hand full of people I've grown fond of who collectively visit this board and none other that I have in common... And a few of the stickies or other threads with information regarding things of my interest (reloading, introducing new shooters, IC & laws).

why do you continue to post here?
    Mostly the same as the first part up there ^. Certain people that I like to "read". If they all showed up at any other forum I frequent, I might likely not log back in. But our interests are so diverse, it's unlikely that would happen...the only common connections are "Indiana" and "guns".

Do you have any suggestions for ways to improve INGO?
    My name's not on the mortgage...but since you solicited my opinion;
    All I can respectfully advise is this; Take a random cross-section of posts from the distant past and the same from the present. See how your members treated each other then vs now. Step back and figure out what was different then...If you think things were worse. Leave it be. If you see something that you want to try to retrieve and preserve, that's your foot in the door.
    Either way...Good luck with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom