• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Nah, complaints are much easier than figuring out ways to improve it and more fun than compliments.:):

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about ^.
    Why interject yourself into a question regarding suggestions that were asked specifically of someone else with a snarky sarcastic answer that puts words in their mouth?
    Why do that? Unless it's designed to create more animosity and hard feelings, I don't get it.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Would you mind putting something like that together and posting your results in this thread?

Take a random cross-section of posts from the distant past and the same from the present. See how your members treated each other then vs now.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    This is the sort of thing I'm talking about ^.
    Why interject yourself into a question regarding suggestions that were asked specifically of someone else with a snarky sarcastic answer that puts words in their mouth?
    Why do that? Unless it's designed to create more animosity and hard feelings, I don't get it.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

***Crosses fingers one day Jetgirl figures out that there is more than 1 other place on the internet where "Indiana" and "guns" are common denominators***

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Would you mind putting something like that together and posting your results in this thread?
    I would mind. For reasons exactly like below.
    I have no idea what "Benny" means by "the truth hurts, doesn't it?"
    Apparently, he didn't see the actual answer I replied to you containing something constructive instead of "complaining because it's much easier than figuring out ways to improve it." I don't want to devote that kind of time. Maybe I would if I was more invested, but I don't pay the bills and my happy place is just a click away.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

***Crosses fingers one day Jetgirl figures out that there is more than 1 other place on the internet where "Indiana" and "guns" are common denominators***
    Don't bet the farm on thinking you know what I've figured out or not.
    And people with your attitude and venom wouldn't last a week at the places I do recommend.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm curious to know how many registered members are there at the places you recommend?

Do you think this forum is too "lightly moderated"? If you were a moderator here what would you do if you didn't like the attitude of the member posting?

And people with your attitude and venom wouldn't last a week at the places I do recommend.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Don't bet the farm on thinking you know what I've figured out or not.

Post #2 in this thread.

I don't know whether to :bowdown: or :popcorn: .
    Maybe a little of both.

So you condone Jay's "venom" by bowing down and eating popcorn about a thread where people die, yet condemn my post about your whining. You are a real piece of work.

BTW, when did smilies quit meaning anything? My original post was meant as a joke and your tampon got turned sideways over it.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm curious to know how many registered members are there at the places you recommend?

Do you think this forum is too "lightly moderated"? If you were a moderator here what would you do if you didn't like the attitude of the member posting?

The place I call "home" the most has 77,390 members. 712 are currently online at present. That's a good five times larger than INGO.
    Spats are few and far between. People are helpful to a fault. Pay-it-forward threads abound.
    I don't think your board is too lightly or too heavily moderated, if you're talking about mod to member ratio. But if you're talking about moderating styles, I do think there are times when two members can do the same thing - one being ignored and the other being chided. Inconsistency can be your mod team's downfall.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Would you mind sharing the link so we can all check it out. You mentioned you don't like the attitudes and venom around here. How does this forum you enjoy so much handle it?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So you condone Jay's "venom" by bowing down and eating popcorn about a thread where people die, yet condemn my post about your whining. You are a real piece of work.
    That was not about bowing down about people dying...it was about commending someone with the cajones to spotlight the "US vs THEM" type threads by mocking them...
    Yeah, he might have done it bass ackward, but it sure got the point across.
    Would you mind sharing the link so we can all check it out. You mentioned you don't like the attitudes and venom around here. How does this forum you enjoy so much handle it?
    I've mentioned a few several times all over INGO.
    And I don't know how they handle it...because I rarely see it. Maybe the people are just a little more diligent about policing themselves, I have no idea.
    My original post was meant as a joke and your tampon got turned sideways over it.
    This kind of remark would definitely get edited or deleted by a mod.
    We have 652 online right now. Not bad:)
    That explains why the site is taking so long to load pages tonight.
    Lots of people...

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yeah, OK...this is exactly what I'm talking about. God forbid anyone actually try to carry on a constructive discussion. Don't be helpful at all...leave it all to Fenway. Good plan.
    Have fun with the rest of the thread.
    Good luck, Fenway.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Would you post a link to the site that has 77,000 + members that you think is friendly and moderated well. I'd like to check it out.

And I don't know how they handle it...because I rarely see it. Maybe the people are just a little more diligent about policing themselves, I have no idea.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    That was not about bowing down about people dying...it was about commending someone with the cajones to spotlight the "US vs THEM" type threads by mocking them...
    Yeah, he might have done it bass ackward, but it sure got the point across.

Since it turns out the guy had a heart attack, it was actually a HUGE fail...Maybe you saw something different.:n00b:

Then why not mention it again? Don't worry, you'll never see me there.

This kind of remark would definitely get edited or deleted by a mod.

Hyperbole is illegal there? Damn, that place sounds awesome.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Would you post a link to the site that has 77,000 + members that you think is friendly and moderated well. I'd like to check it out.

Here you go Fenway, this place has 60,000+ members, is overly friendly, moderated well and you can find free stuff.

Cichlid-Forum :: Index

It doesn't have a break room or politics section, so that throws a bit of a wrench in the constant variable though.:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom