• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    I had a Russian SVT-40 that I picked up for next to nothing 25 years ago. Sold it for next to nothing about 20 years ago to fund a necessary expense. I have been looking for a replacement ever since, so yes I regret it. What I should have done was tightened up my belt and kept the rifle.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Do what you think is right for you and your future. If it's just collecting dust why not turn it into cash?
    One of my, sure do miss it, guns was an HK 91 with ALL the goodies. Paid $600 for it around 1980. Traded it for a Detonic's Combat Master around 1984. Don't have that any more either.
    Those are just 2 of the many.:bash:

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I sold some to take my daughter to Disney World at new years for the 50th anniversary, I was about her age and got to go for the 25th.
    I don't "regret" it at all, but it doesn't make it hurt less.
    Specifically my S&W 19-2 2-1/2" round butt...

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    As others have said, our shooting hobby is only part of a fuller life. I'm not familiar with the gun in question but it sounds like the gun is a standard shotgun with no special production status or sentimental value ... and it doesn't fit you well. That would be a relatively easy decision for me. Where I get wrapped iupp is over a gun that if sold, I'd have a very hard time replacing - like my S&W 625 in 45 ACP. I bought it new over 20 years ago and have never fired it. I know (things were busy)! I have since transitioned to shooting primarily semi autos and have been slowly (over years) thinning out my collection of revolvers. I'm down to 3 - but none of them are made any longer so I've been reluctant to part with them. Good luck with your decision

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Just understand that later you WILL regret it. But often times that regret is offset by the joy you get from what you spent the cash on.

And on the other hand. Please take this unsolicited advice from the bottom of my heart. Don't waste your money on a fancy, elaborate wedding. 20 years on you two will look back and see that it really didn't matter. What truly matters is the two of you and the pastor, in the moment. In my case we spent a whopping $800 on our wedding and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. MiL sewed the wife's gown, We had the bridesmaids buy dresses they liked and would wear again and I bought ties for the groomsmen to match the corresponding dresses and they wore their own suits. Family pitched in and cooked the reception food and we had it in our church's gym, which we got for free for being members. a friend (the guy who introduced us) DJ'd. Of course being Methodist it was a dry reception, so we had an after party at the in-laws and got plastered, literally put too many in the hot tub making it overflow, etc.

I can't imagine doing it any other way.
    Ditto this...the 'wedding' itself is the small part of the marriage...it's the marriage, the long-term relationship, that truly matters!
    My wife and I ran off to a Wedding Chapel in Nashville, IN and took my parents, her parents, her sister and BIL (her sister was her Maid of Honor) and my best friend (buddy from college) was the Best Man...and kept it very simple...she bought a nice dress and I bought a new suit, and we got married and spent the weekend in a honeymoon suite, also in Nashville. And all for right around $1200 total cost (all out of our own pocket!)
    My parents put on a wedding reception at dad's farm (5 acres of lawn, a 3 acre pond, etc.) and everyone had a blast hitting golf balls across the pond, playing volleyball, throwing darts (we had to stop the kids from throwing them at each other, but it was entertaining for a bit??), dad had some of the Amish neighbor kids bring their 2 ponies over with their little Conestoga Wagon and gave rids for 2 hours, which all the small kids just loved! Dad paid for a large tent, tables and chairs (enough for 300 and we over filled it). My aunt provided the catering service (which my mom paid for) and my wife's aunt made a beautiful 3-layer cake for us for free!
    The reception started at 1pm (food, fun, etc.) and we started the bonfire around 6pm and had a hotdog & brauts roast for dinner...and we still had people there after 10pm...it was a hoot of a day!
    It's the people we're with, not always the things that we have, that matter the most!

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    As others have said, our shooting hobby is only part of a fuller life. I'm not familiar with the gun in question but it sounds like the gun is a standard shotgun with no special production status or sentimental value ... and it doesn't fit you well. That would be a relatively easy decision for me. Where I get wrapped iupp is over a gun that if sold, I'd have a very hard time replacing - like my S&W 625 in 45 ACP. I bought it new over 20 years ago and have never fired it. I know (things were busy)! I have since transitioned to shooting primarily semi autos and have been slowly (over years) thinning out my collection of revolvers. I'm down to 3 - but none of them are made any longer so I've been reluctant to part with them. Good luck with your decision
    That's often my deciding factor...can I replace it again if I ever wanted to?
    If not, I try to keep things...but if I can replace it, sometimes, it's a no-brainer!

Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    I certainly have those I wish I would have kept. But my view has changed a bit over time.

Do you really have no use for the one you have, or just have a bad case of the 'I wants" for a new one? Some are hard to replace when the newness wears off of the latest attraction.

And of course, how old are you? It doesn't matter how valuable or collectible it is, you can't take it with you. What will become of it when you are gone? Are you good with that? I you are not using it, what purpose does it serve?

I've always felt guns are a good investment, but when do you sell? If you wait too long, it wasn't an investment for you at all.

Maybe that's a little too serious ... must be the rainy day.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    At the end of the day its a benelli M4 with no attachment. Its just a tool. Its a tool that's not the best for you either. What would you say to a buddy in this position? that being said im sure it would move quick if you wanted the money.

Thomas1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2022
    Noblesville
    For anyone that has sold anything they knew the chances of getting back in the future were slim, did you regret it ?

2 years ago I traded up and got the shotgun . Benelli M4 it has everything I would want/need in a shotgun . However I have only shot it during one range session and have four 12g’s total and tbh the magpul stock on my 870 fits me better than the stock on the M4.

Wanting to do my best to cash flow my wedding next year and this is one of my higher end guns that I’m least partial too. So a portion of the funds would be going there.

Just wanted to hear some feedback.
    I was in that situation with a Saiga semi auto mag fed 12 gauge. I had several 12 gauges so I sold that one since it was so high dollar. I have not regretted it.

Top Bottom