• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    I'd like to see the GOP drag out the nomination hearings until 2023 so when the Dems take their beating in November the incoming red wave will go 'Hell no!' and make it start all over. Not familiar enough with the process though to know if a simple majority can satisfy the nomination and whether the procedure can be filibustered. Lots of picky and peculiar rules in the Senate.

In any case, not a huge issue for the court, a new liberal justice still leaves the court conservative leaning although it's hard to count on Chief Justice Roberts.

And BTW, am I mistaken or wasn't Breyer's appointment an expansion of the court at the time? Probably before my time anyways.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I bet Comrade 46 will nominate AG Merrick Garland, even though Garland has shown himself to be a political hack who has no business on the Supreme Court, and cares nothing about the US Constitution.

He can then use the nomination to play politics about how terrible the Republican Senate was who didn't give Garland a confirmation hearing (which there's no constitutional obligation to do so), and how it was all "racism" because he was Obama's pick.

Then Comrade 46 will go on and on about how we can never have those terrible Republicans in the majority of the Senate....and on and on.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Can harris be nominated and be VP at the same time?
    I mean, if she has to step down to accept the nomination, and didn't get confirmed, it would be a great to eliminate her...

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Can harris be nominated and be VP at the same time?
    I mean, if she has to step down to accept the nomination, and didn't get confirmed, it would be a great to eliminate her...
    She wouldn't have to step down to be nominated. She would need to step down to be sworn in.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Yes, but to vote as Senate President, on her own nomination in the event of a 50-50 tie?
    See my earlier post. Might have to recuse herself but i would think it would never get that far. The deep state would blackmail enough senators to get her confirmed.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    See my earlier post. Might have to recuse herself but i would think it would never get that far. The deep state would blackmail enough senators to get her confirmed.
    They wouldn't have to blackmail. She's already part of the "100 presidents in waiting" club, so you'd probably get 75-80 of the dweebs to confirm her.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While putting her on the court would be the easy approach I have to ask if big computer money would see her as the best choice for their interests. With a lifetime appointment, Harris's vote would be quite expensive.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

"The Constitution lists no age or citizenship restrictions, and you don’t even have to practice law or have a law degree."

I generally think our Founding Fathers were pretty smart guys, but they got this one wrong. But what the hell... put ME on the Supreme Court!

iu

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I bet Comrade 46 will nominate AG Merrick Garland, even though Garland has shown himself to be a political hack who has no business on the Supreme Court, and cares nothing about the US Constitution.

He can then use the nomination to play politics about how terrible the Republican Senate was who didn't give Garland a confirmation hearing (which there's no constitutional obligation to do so), and how it was all "racism" because he was Obama's pick.

Then Comrade 46 will go on and on about how we can never have those terrible Republicans in the majority of the Senate....and on and on.
    I don't see Garland getting a look. The radical left wing of the dem party wouldn't go for that. They'll torpedo anyone who isn't a black woman.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Outnumbered women are speaking of Biden's campaign promise to nominate a black woman. Speculating about how smart of a tactical move it would be to nominate Kamala Harris. Kill two birds with one stone. Get rid of worthless VP, planting a younger ideolog on SCOTUS.
    I’m not sure she’d make it through the Senate confirmation. She’s dumb as ****.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I would like to see the nominee get the full Kavanaugh treatment, then after confirmation would turn out like a mirror image of Roberts, going almost opposite of what was expected!

Hey, I can dream can't I? :D :D :D :D :D :D

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Tony Katz today mentioned that he plans to finish the current term out to rule on the MS abortion law which means no replacement proceeding until at least just before the midterm elections and that no nomination will likely happen until after that (it will be a real fun sh** show).

Top Bottom