• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Indy is a great city..... with some of the poorest examples of what passes for "leadership".

Hogsbutt can GTH.

Last time I fix one of these for you OK.....:nono:

-CM-

PS...even though you called it right.

Last edited by a moderator:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I love Indy. It's one of the reasons I live here. Downtown isn't what it once was.
    It saddens me I agreed with this article.

We need to take back out city before it becomes a **** hole like countless dem cities.

.....maybe I should run for mayor. :rolleyes:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    There are Chicago Cubs bumper stickers all over my neighborhood, starting in the last 5 years. People coming to Indy/Indiana for cheap cost of living will make it impossible to stem the slide.

Look at Arizona this election.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    There are Chicago Cubs bumper stickers all over my neighborhood, starting in the last 5 years. People coming to Indy/Indiana for cheap cost of living will make it impossible to stem the slide.

It’ll be a while before they overtake Indiana, but it will happen eventually. We need a mass migration of republicans to California to take its 55 electoral votes, but they’d just rig their election and stay in power anyways.

We’re screwed

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    It’ll be a while before they overtake Indiana, but it will happen eventually. We need a mass migration of republicans to California to take its 55 electoral votes, but they’d just rig their election and stay in power anyways.

We’re screwed
    If the republicans from cali moved to battle states. We would be better off than trying to turn California.
    California is a festering limb. We need to abandon it. Think Bob marley and his toe.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If the republicans from cali moved to battle states. We would be better off than trying to turn California.
    California is a festering limb. We need to abandon it. Think Bob marley and his toe.
    Actually an excellent point! It’s hard for people to pack up and move their entire livelihood across the country in hopes of making a difference for a better life... but people risked way more traveling the Oregon trail and on the mayflower than renting a uhaul. It would be nice if conservatives would unite, but it’ll never happen. Look at some threads here. We can’t agree on anything among ourselves.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

How long will it be before there are more votes for the Indy metro dems than there are voters?

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Actually an excellent point! It’s hard for people to pack up and move their entire livelihood across the country in hopes of making a difference for a better life... but people risked way more traveling the Oregon trail and on the mayflower than renting a uhaul. It would be nice if conservatives would unite, but it’ll never happen. Look at some threads here. We can’t agree on anything among ourselves.
    Thank you. You are right.
    It is hard to uproot a family.

I was born in california. In 93. My folks packed us up and moved us out here.
    It was a struggle. Dad worked two jobs. Mom worked. And despite these obligations to take care of us they were always around for us. My folks never once missed a school recital or little league games. Sadly those family values are not always a focus or can be a focus in our world these days. My sister and I are well rounded, and successful in part bc of those efforts of our folks. As a society we need a resurgence in parents fighting hard to teach kids to be successful, versus passing out trophies for participation, or demanding equal outcome despite effort.

(Sorry if that's too mushy, I'm a few drinks and cigars in tonight)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Thank you. You are right.
    It is hard to uproot a family.

I was born in california. In 93. My folks packed us up and moved us out here.
    It was a struggle. Dad worked two jobs. Mom worked. And despite these obligations to take care of us they were always around for us. My folks never once missed a school recital or little league games. Sadly those family values are not always a focus or can be a focus in our world these days. My sister and I are well rounded, and successful in part bc of those efforts of our folks. As a society we need a resurgence in parents fighting hard to teach kids to be successful, versus passing out trophies for participation, or demanding equal outcome despite effort.

(Sorry if that's too mushy, I'm a few drinks and cigars in tonight)
    Not too mushy at all. Matter of fact, I think these stories are exactly what we need to hear right now. Family values and both parents being in the home is the foundation of a child’s life, their entire future is altered by the choices of their parents.

It’s sad to hear of your parents struggles by trying to provide a better life for you, but it’s what made you the person you are today. I can’t imagine a family being better off staying in California today than they would be leaving, especially if they have the will to work and the desire to see their family prosper.

Thanks for the story. Really. I needed a feel good story tonight.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Article is spot on. Indy is rapidly turning into a trash filled $!@#hole. Act of God to save it from itself.

Bob
    I guess many here were not around or don't remember Indy of the mid 60's to late 70's. It was a serious crap hole.

I hate to see this once fair city slide down the Dem's rat hole but fellas.....apparently the douche water drinking electorate want it this way.
    Hogbutt was a terrible prosecutor. Terrible. So hey, lets make this drunken moron the mayor. Yeah lets do that.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I remember the growing up in the 60's and 70's. Those that don't learn from the past are destined to repeat it. Unfortunately the hug a thug mentality is strong which puts us where we are today.

Bob

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

To double down on that point, California has more republicans than any other state. The problem is they also have more democrats than any other state.

I see anecdotal rumblings here there of more conservatives finally having enough and getting out. The down side is I hear similar rumblings about all of the tech workers moving out too if work-from-home lasts forever. Getting paid SF wages but have North Dakota expenses? Yes. Hell yes. But... They'll take their politics with them and destroy that too.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom