• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    75s are great for the outdoor lights FWIW.

Yeah, I have a closet full of them but just the other day I realized how much of my life is motivated by working around governmental meddling--buying magazines, buying lightbulbs, buying detergent, buying guns.

As this country becomes Eastern Europe I am amazed that we are just watching it happen.

qmikep

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Yeah, I have a closet full of them but just the other day I realized how much of my life is motivated by working around governmental meddling--buying magazines, buying lightbulbs, buying detergent, buying guns.

As this country becomes Eastern Europe I am amazed that we are just watching it happen.

It is quite depressing. I find it helps to tune out every other week or so.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

YES, I guess I had better stock up !!!!!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

Not just watching. Most people are cheering it on.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    And voting for one of the two parties who are actively putting it into place.

The Libertarian Party wouldn't have done any better. Not because of anything it would or would not have done but because what it would or would not have done is in direct contradiction with what a majority of voters want. And it would render itself traitors to its platform or politically unviable in about 2 election cycles. In our current reality, it cannot do both.

Changing the parties isn't the solution.

ecross0351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Why does the .gov care if I waste 90% of the energy? It's my energy bill that I have to pay for every month with my money! I think I'm gonna turn on every light in the house!

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    Why does the .gov care if I waste 90% of the energy? It's my energy bill that I have to pay for every month with my money! I think I'm gonna turn on every light in the house!
    because that energy youre using could be wasted uh i mean used for a less fortunate family. SHARE THE ELECTRICITY

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I read somewhere that you'll still be able to buy the "heavy duty" kind. But "they" will be monitoring usage to see if they'll need to ban those too.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne

Have a way to fix the problem as the voting power of like minded people continues to be diminished?

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I simply replaced everything with halogen spotlights. Sure, that fixture looks funny in my kitchen, but it's bright enough to burn your shadow into the wall.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just think, if we lived in a free country we would be able to decide for ourselves what kind of lightbulbs to buy.

Wouldn't that be cool? :rockwoot:

Top Bottom