Sarah Palin at National Rifle Association lobs laughing crowd with 'redneck' jokes

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    heres a good argument then. SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE! if she can manage to do that then i think she will be a good leader. I dont want the christian religion or any religion for that matter running my country.
    Amen, Brother. :laugh:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Funny you say that, because for the first time in the U.S. History that is what is happening now, and down the drain we are going.

BTW your definition of Separation of Church and State I think is a bit flawed. It intent to keep state out of church, not the other way around. My evidence on that statement... if your definition was the original intent for the writing than from the beginning it would have been separated, not just the last 30yrs as it seems to be an issue.

no thats not whats happening now. religious views is what has screwed up a lot of good in this country. what about stem cell research for one example?? look how many people might be walking right now, UN-THANKS to george W Bush and his religious views and the political favors called in by his buddies in the churches!!!

also i didnt define "seperation of church and state" i just made a comment on it. but the term was meant to keep church out of state and state out of church. even though some of the founders were religious they realized how SO CALLED PATRIOTS with radical religious views could F UP our country if allowed to run free spewing religious banter from the capitol steps. and sadly thats exactly whats happened over the past, not the other way around as you wish to falsly claim.

muslim states make no appologies about basing ALL of their decisions on their faith, and they even critisize the U.S. and want to kill us because of the strong CHRISTIAN VIEWS and political decisions based on them that our politicians have made without our consent.

so are you saying that if i elect all christian politicians they will stop lying to me? ROTFLMFAO

RELIGION (all religions) have been the root of all evil from the beginning of man. some of you probly would have even tried to convert the dinosaurs before they ate you!!

Last edited:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    no thats not whats happening now. religious views is what has screwed up a lot of good in this country. what about stem cell research for one example??

Hmm... well you didn't address my first question about dating the writing, and stem cell research can't be correlated with the country being screwed up. And to take it a step further, stem cell can and is being researched without destroying living embryos.

I think this debate probably deserves its own thread as now we are jacking. But with this final thought. If all political debates were by Christians handles strictly by scripture, the ideology would penetrate deeper into concept and not into corruptible man. What I mean is simply this.... the Bible is perfect, sorry but it is, however man isn't. And it seems more times than not man fights a battle in the name of God, when he is really just self serving. This destroys the credibility of Christianity.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

EXACTLY MY THOUGHT!!! even his fellow evangelist PUBLICLY ON RECORD disagree with that statement.

also redneckmedic, we are not thread jacking, simply because if you are gonna talk about sarah palin (in all her hotness) then you must also talk about religion because shes all about it and even has spoke about it being a factor in her political decisions. so i still say we are very much on topic.

also, i agree religion has its possitive aspects, but not when it invades govt.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hum I found this interesting in the article.

Palin, whose speeches command up to $100,000 a pop, got a roar from the crowd when she said, "Nationwide, gun ownership is at an all-time high, and the rate of violent crime is at an all-time low."

Of course, she failed to mention that law enforcement experts don't connect the two, crediting computer tracking of crimes like New York's Compstat instead.

Who are these LEO experts they are talking about? I have not heard of this NY system at all. Plus how does this NY system help lower crime on the west coast? Is it a national system? :dunno:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Hum I found this interesting in the article.

Palin, whose speeches command up to $100,000 a pop, got a roar from the crowd when she said, "Nationwide, gun ownership is at an all-time high, and the rate of violent crime is at an all-time low."

Of course, she failed to mention that law enforcement experts don't connect the two, crediting computer tracking of crimes like New York's Compstat instead.

Who are these LEO experts they are talking about? I have not heard of this NY system at all. Plus how does this NY system help lower crime on the west coast? Is it a national system? :dunno:

The Compstat program has been in use in NY for many years now. It was very successful at first; then, it fell into remission when those who would take the reins later in it's would not be as diligent as needed for it's purpose and implementation. Think of it as a serious data oriented community policing tool. The west coast, in larger departments, uses similar (and the same) programs.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    police always take credit for the stuff they fail to do, that we PAY them to do.

i say we create NON CIVIL SERVICE DISTRICTS (neighborhoods) where there are no city fire or EMS services, and deffinately NO POLICE!! i know it would be the safest and free' est place in America

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    no thats not whats happening now. religious views is what has screwed up a lot of good in this country. what about stem cell research for one example?? look how many people might be walking right now, UN-THANKS to george W Bush and his religious views and the political favors called in by his buddies in the churches!!!

Just to clarify.... 'Bush and his buddies' did not do anything to prevent stem cell research, all that was done was prevent further government funding of embryonic stem cell research. The private sector can continue to go down that path with private sector money but they seem, to me, to be hesitant to do so since, from what I understand, the greatest strides have been from adult stem cells rather than embryonic stem cells

also i didnt define "seperation of church and state" i just made a comment on it. but the term was meant to keep church out of state and state out of church. even though some of the founders were religious they realized how SO CALLED PATRIOTS with radical religious views could F UP our country if allowed to run free spewing religious banter from the capitol steps. and sadly thats exactly whats happened over the past, not the other way around as you wish to falsly claim.

Also, again to clarify, there is no mention in the Constitution of "separation of church and state" That line is taken from a letter written by Jefferson to a congregation, I believe, in Massachusetts. If we are to conclude that private correspondence equates to Constitutional law, then I suppose the Constitution also gaurentees that I may have just won a million dollars since I got that in the mail a while back:):

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    people take the declaration of independence as law too that all men are created equal, but it was just a letter to tell the king of england to F off!! does that mean its not right??? HELL NO!!!

also:
    That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
    is that aso not right since its in the declaration and not constitution? HELL NO, and you will probly see it happen in your lifetime!!

go ahead and beat up my stem cell argument, but thats just ONE small example of the abuses religion has had on our government.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    What do you call a coward that bails on their job and the people who elected them?

Sarah Palin:D

Honestly, what in the world is the fascination with this lady?

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    What do you call a coward that bails on their job and the people who elected them?

Sarah Palin
    Hillary Clinton, John McCain, Barak Obama

I think all of them had been elected by the people of their state to do a job when they instead decided to spend their time looking for a different job

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Hillary Clinton, John McCain, Barak Obama

I think all of them had been elected by the people of their state to do a job when they instead decided to spend their time looking for a different job
    But only Palin quit to advance her wallet while the others advanced their job title....or attempted to as McCain is/was a dud.

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    But only Palin quit to advance her wallet while the others advanced their job title....or attempted to as McCain is/was a dud.

So it is more honorable to continue to accept the paycheck while doing something other than your job than it is to quit one before moving on to another? Please, do not get me wrong.... I throw Mrs. Palin in with that group as well as she was not governing Alaska while campaigning for another gig but I certainly will not fault her for following the money after that fell through. I could easily see the attention she got from campaigning becoming a hinderence to effectively do the job she was elected to do and I can also see that if that is in fact the case, she did the right thing for the citizens of Alaska by allowing someone else to do the job while she moved on. Would it have better to stay in a position if she no longer was effective?

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Irishfan...

It's amazing that people shun her for leaving a climate that she was tired of...

I'm sure you've never quit a job or been fired at all..

OR... left for better pay...

people can be such hypocrites when you look at them from your 'perfect' angles...

You'd NEVER do anything like that...would you...? :n00b:

People should judge themselves just as harshly as they do others... it'd be a better world for sure.

cbop: good reply

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm not sold on her bing the president, or the VP... yet. She's definitely not a "moron". But, at least someone is out there saying what needs to be said on many topics. I hope that she and others that actually "Represent" what most of America believes get out there and make a difference.

^ THIS :yesway:

I don't think she would be a good President but I think she is a great spokeswoman for traditional values, limited government and individual liberty. She is saying what needs to be said and while she may only connect with 1/2 the people she seems to scare the living bejezzus out of the other half. If she didn't scare them they would not savage her in the media. She is a real feminist in a way that scares the radical fems. I say let her speak. She may not always speak for me, but most of the time she does and she does it in ways that most of us can not.

But only Palin quit to advance her wallet ...
    If this was true then there would be a whole lot more 'burger flippers' in the world and a whole lot less college grads. You are acting like a hypocrite.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

Sarah Palin:D

Honestly, what in the world is the fascination with this lady?

They are all laughing at the Palin haters:

nuge.jpg

Piper doesn't take people being mean to her mom too well.

Top Bottom