• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    I decided to put my ammo in the safe, #1 to keep it close to the guns. #2 The only other place I could keep it, is in my garage, and it gets fairly cold out there during the winter, and pretty hot and humid during summer. I just thought it would be better protected in the safe, especially inside rubber sealed, steel military style ammo boxes. I probably should check with safe companies, and see what they think on the matter, but thanks for all the input and ideas on this.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I looked at the Eva-Dry Electric Dehumidifier on Amazon, and it appears that you have to empty a small container of water that builds up over time. What happens if you forget to empty the container, does it automatically shut off, or does it run over and cause a mess inside your safe?
    The unit will shut off when the container gets full. But it takes a while in the safe to get full. I ran it in my house for a few weeks to test it before I put it in the safe and it took a few days to fill up. I usually empty mine now about every couple of weeks to a month. Even then it is only half full at best.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    ^^^ what denny said^^^ i bought a browning gold seies safe and a golden rod 22 yrs ago. the safe is bolted to the concrete floor and have never had a single speck of rust on my guns or knives. i also suggest using a rig rag on the guns before storing.

DarrenL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2014
    East-Central
    Pistols being stored long-term are in silicon cloths and plastic storage bags, goldenrod at the bottom and a humidity monitor. My safe is inside with the house pretty well controlled, so not a huge risk anyway, but I have not had any issues.

Top Bottom