• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    There is probably over 400 million firearms in this country thanks to the 2nd Amendment. When 100 million gun owners feel they need to stockpile because they see the government becoming more tyrannical ammo shortages will happen.
    Just be thankful we live in a country that can preserve freedom if it comes to that rather easily. Look at all the other failed countries around the world. Their citizens disarmed and at the mercy of authoritarian government.

Ammo shortages? Or patriots stocking up?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You guys realize that that Russian imports account for a lot of 223, 308, 9mm, 40 and 45 acp just to name the most common? Remove those imports and pressure is again put on US manufacturers who can't keep up with demand now even with the imports. Prices are going to rise and availability is going down.

For those of us that reload it's just as bad. The primer shortage will continue for a long time since there will be no surplus primers for the reloading market. Manufacturers will be using all they can produce trying to meet demand for their final products leaving nothing for us.

How long it will last, who knows. I'm sure other foreign manufacturers will try to fill the void but that's going to take time. It was just starting to get better but now we're back to the beginning., This is the 5th ammo shortage I can remeber in the past 20 years. Most were over within a year but this one is already a year and half old and is likely to drag out for several more years.
    Yep. This is a *massive* hit to the ammo supply. After the last 18 months I think we can safely assume Vista & Co aren't going to pull any massive production increases off. They seem to be perfectly happy selling one round for 50 cents instead of three rounds. They're not getting bit by the Trump Slump again, they'll let prices climb to the moon and regulate demand for them.

2-3x pricing and extremely tight supply is the new normal for the rest of Biden.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I watched an employee at a popular central Indiana shop clear off at least 2, maybe 3 cases worth of Russian and take it to the back at 8am this morning.

He said his boss learned of the ban and didn't think he could sell it.

Either misinformed or stock-piling before the rush, build to your own conclusion.

Yeah right, take it to the back so we can mark it up !!!

Can you blame them?

Cheer up STAPLES still has tons of rubber bands and paper clips in their inventory.

I hear "OMARS" in Kabul just recently got re supplied.

I used to shoot monthly, now quarterly if I can.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I watched an employee at a popular central Indiana shop clear off at least 2, maybe 3 cases worth of Russian and take it to the back at 8am this morning.

He said his boss learned of the ban and didn't think he could sell it.

Either misinformed or stock-piling before the rush, build to your own conclusion.

Yeah right, take it to the back so we can mark it up !!!

Can you blame them?

Cheer up STAPLES still has tons of rubber bands and paper clips in their inventory.

I hear "OMARS" in Kabul just recently got re supplied.

I used to shoot monthly, now quarterly if I can.
    Why is this the 3rd time I've seen this story without anybody putting them on blast? If I would have seen that, I would have posted date, time, and pictures of the store. If it's because people don't want to be banned from that store, I'm disappointed anyone would go back after that.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Why is this the 3rd time I've seen this story without anybody putting them on blast? If I would have seen that, I would have posted date, time, and pictures of the store. If it's because people don't want to be banned from that store, I'm disappointed anyone would go back after that.
    Could be wrong, but it looks like the last was a quote gone wrong…wording is the same as a previous post. At least that’s how I took it.

Of course, your post on the op is valid, also.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Well if Larry Elder can be a white supremacist, why not the Mexicans?
    They are mostly lighter than he is. And just look at that white hispanic down in Florida that killed that one poor black kid...
    bidet's DHS head, beccera is a 'white hispanic' so maybe all this cartel smuggling is an inside-job?

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Just fyi rural king avon is out of wolf 762x39.

I watched as a lady from martinsville dumped 50 boxes into her cart. I know where she was from because I was standing behind her waiting for a few boxes and asked if she was going to clear off the entire shelf. I wasnt going to wait behind her if that was her intent. "I came from martinsville," she said.

Watch out for anyone selling online from martinsville for any more than $9 for 20.
    Im just guessing she was making the rounds across the state to resell.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Just fyi rural king avon is out of wolf 762x39.

I watched as a lady from martinsville dumped 50 boxes into her cart. I know where she was from because I was standing behind her waiting for a few boxes and asked if she was going to clear off the entire shelf. I wasnt going to wait behind her if that was her intent. "I came from martinsville," she said.

Watch out for anyone selling online from martinsville for any more than $9 for 20.
    Im just guessing she was making the rounds across the state to resell.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
    Covid is god's punishment for scalpers

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Bass Pro had a shelf full of wolf 7.62x39 probably about 200 boxes the other day. They were down to maybe 20 today

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I haven't dug in too terribly deeply yet, but it sounds like there is quality ammo being made in Serbia and Ukraine (what I'd actually heard is that there are Tula factories in Ukraine right now) that can likely ramp up production.

I also fully expect this to work just like the tariffs, where the components get shipped to another country where they do the least amount of work possible to make them no longer made in Russia, and then they get shipped on down the line. My employer pulls this stunt every single day and it's actually sickening how easy it is. The shifted "all" of their production from China to Mexico in about 9 months.

Anyhow... I don't like it, but I don't think it's as doom and gloom as it appears in the long term. If these chuckleheads ban all imports, then we'll be bleeding for awhile.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    A while back Wolf moved production of a bunch of stuff to Ukraine and other places in Europe due to a contract dispute with the Tula Munitions factory and that's when the "TulAmmo" brand came about. I don't know if this is still the case.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A while back Wolf moved production of a bunch of stuff to Ukraine and other places in Europe due to a contract dispute with the Tula Munitions factory and that's when the "TulAmmo" brand came about. I don't know if this is still the case.
    I'm not able to confirm this. It looks like they may have been absorbed by Ulyanovsk Cartridge Works, but Ulyanovsk is still in Russia.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Let me clarify. Wolf moved to Ukraine(at least for a while) but Tula continued to produce under the Tulammo brand.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Let me clarify. Wolf moved to Ukraine(at least for a while) but Tula continued to produce under the Tulammo brand.

Actually I was thinking the same thing but when I started looking around the other day, it seems that a lot of the brands I thought had moved out of Russia were actually still there (or moved back). I was hoping that was wrong. I do know that Wolf Gold .223 is manufactured in Taiwan, but I was thinking that Red Army Standard was manufactured somewhere else besides Russia, but I guess I was mistaken about that too. :(

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    This was probably over ten years ago now so things could have easily changed again

Top Bottom