Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'll put this here since Putin threatened nuclear war over Ukraine.

I wonder how many warheads are targeting NYC and surrounding area?

When we were paying to decomm their missiles, many of the reports came back that the birds would never have been flown.
    they were so broken, rusted, flooded, etc that they'd never get off the pad.

Of course, I wouldn't rely on that.

A criminals gun may be rusted and not work, but I'm not going to use that as a defense measure.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If we had something other than a Potato in charge, I'd say we should remind them that 1 missile coming at us will result in our full launch.

the policy MAD may have seemed stupid, but it worked.
    Because both sides believed the other side would full retaliate.
    Now.. I don't think anyone believes our "leadership" has what it takes.. which makes things MORE dangerous, not less.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    If we had something other than a Potato in charge, I'd say we should remind them that 1 missile coming at us will result in our full launch.

the policy MAD may have seemed stupid, but it worked.
    Because both sides believed the other side would full retaliate.
    Now.. I don't think anyone believes our "leadership" has what it takes.. which makes things MORE dangerous, not less.

This nonsense in Ukraine warrants nothing of the like.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not enough
    My point is if there is a nuclear exchange with Russia I'm pretty sure NYC and surrounding area along with DC and LA will be flattened completely. Two of our biggest and busiest cities and the capital.

Would preparing to survive after a nuclear strike in those cities matter? I doubt anyone will be alive with multiple warhead hits.
    Best preparation would be to leave them now for Timbuktu.

Just seen this. It's a big deal too.

Last edited:

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don’t care what the farm reports say I’ve seen more wheat planted this year than any other time in my life. Someone is planning ahead and someone is doctoring the reports.

Anecdotally, this is the case in my area as well. I figure some farmers bet hard on a cereals shortage and it looks like it may pay off.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    My point is if there is a nuclear exchange with Russia I'm pretty sure NYC and surrounding area along with DC and LA will be flattened completely. Two of our biggest and busiest cities and the capital.

Would preparing to survive after a nuclear strike in those cities matter? I doubt anyone will be alive with multiple warhead hits.
    Best preparation would be to leave them now for Timbuktu.

Just seen this. It's a big deal too.

Why else go to war unless you're a do gooder?

TERRITORY AND RICHES

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So from a realistic perspective the Russians will grind the Ukrainians down. In the next few months. In the end the Russian will come out better more farmland. Stronger Ruble better consumers for oil.

If you have ever met Russian Military they don’t give a F*($’. But I still don’t think they are targeting schools.

My money is most of the buildings they are hitting are C&C for the Ukrainians. The idea that the Ukrainians will fight a underground war against the Russians is laughable. Just ask the Chechen resistance.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    So from a realistic perspective the Russians will grind the Ukrainians down. In the next few months. In the end the Russian will come out better more farmland. Stronger Ruble better consumers for oil.

If you have ever met Russian Military they don’t give a F*($’. But I still don’t think they are targeting schools.

My money is most of the buildings they are hitting are C&C for the Ukrainians. The idea that the Ukrainians will fight a underground war against the Russians is laughable. Just ask the Chechen resistance.

Rather ask the mujahdeen circa 80-89

From a strategic standpoint you are correct, if the Russians aren’t pushed back.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Looks like the Kremlin is ordering up more cannon fodder

The Kremlin likely ordered Russian “federal subjects” (regions) to form volunteer battalions to participate in the Russian invasion of Ukraine, instead of declaring partial or full mobilization in Russia. Russian war correspondent and milblogger Maksim Fomin stated that Russia has begun a “volunteer mobilization,” where every region must generate at least one volunteer battalion.[1] The term “volunteer mobilization” likely implies that the Kremlin ordered the 85 “federal subjects” (regions, including occupied Sevastopol and Crimea) to recruit and financially incentivize volunteers to form new battalions, rather than referring to literal mobilization relying on conscription or the compulsory activation of all reservists in Russia.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom