Not open for further replies.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    While I agree with your assessment of the success rate of appeasement, we can help fight Russia without being the bankroll for a Ukrainian Marshall Plan

It has always been Europes problem much more than ours. While they may have needed heavy weight help to credibly fight Russia, once again they are not fighting but only interested in holding our coat - and THEY should foot the bill to rebuild Ukraine, if they wish it done so badly, if that money cannot be extracted from Russia

ETA: I believe we did try to tell the Germans that Russia was not a trustworthy enough trading partner to mortgage their energy future to Gazprom
    This will probably sound very fatalistic toward our country's financial future but I have lost all faith in our current government. The money will be spent regardless. Whether it is weapons for Ukraine, phoney green energy scams, "reparations", free abortions or sex changes or other such nonsense. We are being spent into bankruptcy as a nation. That's how I see it. The money will be gone either way. I believe it is part of the plan to destroy our nation thru limitless spending.

If I could choose between funding BS green energy or helping Ukraine I choose helping Ukraine. If I can choose between developing our fossil fuel resources here to lower our energy prices or helping Ukraine I choose fossil fuel development and exploring other options with Ukraine. Unfortunately none of us get to decide where the money goes. We can only vote for better leadership.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    It really is a miracle that Ukraine has managed to preserve and continue to operate any air assets.
    I doubt they have. 5 from Bulgaria and 3 from Georgia that arrived less than 9 days ago via trucks are likely all they have. They also received 4 new helicopters the same way(on trucks)this week.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I dreamed we had a leader that was pulling troop’s out of Europe. He was also demanding that NATO partners pay there share.

He also wasn’t frightened by dictators and would actually speak to our enemies!
    I've had a similar dream. In my dream, not only did he speak to to our enemies, he seemed to mean what he said too.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    another 1.7 billion, why not

The United States Treasury announced Tuesday it will send an additional $1.7 billion in economic aid to Ukraine to help continue funding the country's "essential services."

"This latest contribution of economic assistance for Ukraine is part of President Biden's commitment to support the Government of Ukraine as it defends Ukraine's democracy against Russia's unprovoked and unjustifiable war," Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said in a statement.

"This aid will help Ukraine's democratic government provide essential services for the people of Ukraine."

The payment, part of the $7.5 billion aid package signed by President Joe Biden in May, is set to be made through the World Bank.

The funds will go towards critical operations in Ukraine, such as paying health care worker salaries, according to the Treasury statement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom