Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Red Storm Rising! As a Blue Suiter who was in Iceland during the Cold War... damn I get it. Clancy's description of Keflavik NAS was dead-on accurate for 1988.

I've said several times here, in a Red Storm Rising situation we'd have shot half the Icelanders. That's of course if we could've got our hands on weapons and ammo. Rockville NYI (Naval Yard Installation, the last manned remote Radar site in the USAF) seven miles away? Yes absolutely. On Keflavik NAS? I seriously doubt it.

Holy **** I was at Taegu Air Base (K-2) ROK 92-93, WE DIDN'T HAVE A GUN ON THE DAMN PLACE!! WHAT THE ACTUAL ****?? I look back on that and we were so completely ****** in a SHTF situation.
    Wow, Kelly! All I did was read about it; you (very nearly) lived it. Clancy was a master, mostly with Hunt for Red October, and especially, Red Storm Rising. The wrong book got made into a movie. Too bad he's not alive so that he could really tell us what the **** is going on inside that lunatic Putin's head.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Took some time away from following this today but came across this on tik tok. Worth sharing in case anyone had any ideas about joining the Ukrainian foreign legion.

Personally I don’t think you will make it in time if you leave now. Ukraine will most likely fall into an insurgency situation within the next week.

I’m still in utter shock that I watched on livestream an attack on a nuclear power plant last night. Should the cooling system have been damaged from the shelling a total meltdown would have been possible. Nuclear reaction melting into the earths core until it hits the water table and or gas/oil deposits causing a planet wide disaster……..

Horrible thought.

I often wonder what the delegated central state is doing around the southern border.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wow, Kelly! All I did was read about it; you (very nearly) lived it. Clancy was a master, mostly with Hunt for Red October, and especially, Red Storm Rising. The wrong book got made into a movie. Too bad he's not alive so that he could really tell us what the **** is going on inside that lunatic Putin's head.
    I'd have loved it if Red Storm Rising was made into a movie. The hill overlooking the harbor at Njardvik where the Icelander got smoked by the Soviet? That was Dead Man's Hill, across from where we lived. Kids would sled down it, they called it dead man's hill for a reason.

Reactions: oze

Mister K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    Central IN
    Holy **** I was at Taegu Air Base (K-2) ROK 92-93, WE DIDN'T HAVE A GUN ON THE DAMN PLACE!! WHAT THE ACTUAL ****?? I look back on that and we were so completely ****** in a SHTF situation.
    Camp Casey 92-93, 1/15th FA M109’s 155. Anytime we went to the field (which was a lot) we went around with M-16s with empty magazines. Our FASV’s (now called CATV’s, tracked ammo carrier) Were combat loaded all of the time. Full load of 155 rounds, powder canisters, fuses we even had a Copperhead round. The howitzers were only loaded up with whatever we were going to shoot for an exercise. FDC’s 557 hauled a trailer to the field with all of the small arm rounds, 5.56, 7.62, .50. If one of our monthly alerts turned out to be real, would be a cluster trying to load up. Supposedly our barracks was in artillery range of the Nork’s, would have been a cluster any way you sliced it. I participated in Team Spirit (I believe that was the last time it was held).

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Camp Casey 92-93, 1/15th FA M109’s 155. Anytime we went to the field (which was a lot) we went around with M-16s with empty magazines. Our FASV’s (now called CATV’s, tracked ammo carrier) Were combat loaded all of the time. Full load of 155 rounds, powder canisters, fuses we even had a Copperhead round. The howitzers were only loaded up with whatever we were going to shoot for an exercise. FDC’s 557 hauled a trailer to the field with all of the small arm rounds, 5.56, 7.62, .50. If one of our monthly alerts turned out to be real, would be a cluster trying to load up. Supposedly our barracks was in artillery range of the Nork’s, would have been a cluster any way you sliced it. I participated in Team Spirit (I believe that was the last time it was held).
    Team Spirit 93 was the last one.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    From the information I've seen, radiation levels are extremely low and the media is feeding people a steaming pile, preying on the public's lack of understanding of radiation measurements and risk.

Maybe Ukrainians shouldn't fight from locations that might pose a danger if it gets shelled? Either way, I legitimately have no concerns of a nuclear problem from the power plants.
    Yeah who knows. Something is probably afoot. That’s why I said it just doesn’t make any sense.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh right. Russia shells a nuclear plant and it's the fault of the defenders. Like if you left your doors to your home unlocked, anyone who enters and kills your family is absolved of any perceived wrongdoing.
    #Ukraine regulator tells IAEA there has been no change reported in #radiation levels at the #Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant site.
    — IAEA - International Atomic Energy Agency (@iaeaorg) March 4, 2022
    In fact, Russia attacked an administrative complex, not the reactors.

First: if seismic sensors at the plant were triggered (for example if shells or bombs are used) the reactors which are of very different design would shut down automatically.

Second: the main risk at the plant is that cooling does not get to the reactor cores over time.
    — Mark Nelson (@energybants) March 4, 2022

They lied about Zaporizhzhya because they want to pull the US into the war

The lies will become bigger

It's going to get worse
    — Jack Posobiec (@JackPosobiec) March 4, 2022
    When you believe lies and repeat them it becomes an "illusory truth effect"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It would be crazy to target the actual reactors. I’m in agreement that the events as reported were meant to illicit a reaction.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Your version seems a bit one-sided. The reality seems to be neither side is very savory and who is pushing who does not seem terribly clear. Both sides have neo-Nazis with pro-Ukraine seeming to have more, but pro-Russia has the religious fanatics who believe they are on a holy mission for the ROC

Serious human rights violations and abuses persist in eastern Ukraine, including shelling, executions, arbitrary and illegal detentions, torture, ill-treatment, human trafficking and the lack of justice and accountability, as well as deprivation of economic and social rights, deeply affecting the 5 million people living in the conflict-affected areas.

Between mid-April 2014 and 30 May 2015, at least 6,417 people, including at least 626 women and girls, have been documented as killed and 15,962 as wounded in the conflict zone of eastern Ukraine,”

Shortly after that report Nov 7,2015 Azov militia joined the regular army,and the US began training Ukranian troops again(we had a ban in effect because of them prior to that). It was not that they disappeared,it is the opposite. They became legitimate troops,and stood against anything Russian so we could train them now. If you read any of the reports I posted you know they got worse not better. Sadly the reports and observers where stopped,and the OSCE pretty much took over all reporting,with a rather strong bias for the government of Ukraine. If you read the two you will see the stark contrast. The original reports where much more in depth and focused more on civilians.

Most get their news from social media or mainstream media. Trying to push back against that is nearly impossible. They will believe what they are told as the truth,and most already have for a very long time.

Many people can’t tell the truth from a lie, because a lie often sounds better than the truth. Lies often tell us what we want to hear, and never what we need to hear.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thankfully Zaporizhzhia isn't the troublesome RBMK type, but is the the much safer VVER type..

They don't have that idiot graphite design, and include stout containment structures (unlike the RBMK).. which designed to keep the nasty rads inside, would serve to keep unwanted errant shells out.

So as long as they scrammed the thing, and have enough power to deal with decay heat... should be fine.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    FNES2LzWYAUU8fU

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

What could possibly go wrong?

PS: Comments are the best part of the article:

Kamala Harris went to Poland. Poland is a country in Europe. It is next to Germany, which is a slightly bigger country. It is also near Lithuania. Lithuania is also a country, but it is a smaller country. All these countries border the Baltic Sea. You could cross the Baltic Sea if you had a boat, but then you would be in a different country.

What can she say?
    She already told them that her and the Pres got this.
    No need to worry.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Part of George Washington's farewell address,it is much longer and pointed.I will post a link to it. Also,he was great seeing problems before they happened and warned us.

"Observe good faith and justice toward all nations. Cultivate peace and harmony with all. ... In the execution of such a plan nothing is more essential than that permanent, inveterate antipathies against particular nations and passionate attachments for others should be excluded, and that in place of them just and amicable feelings toward all should be cultivated. The nation which indulges toward another an habitual hatred or an habitual fondness is in some degree a slave. It is a slave to its animosity or to its affection, either of which is sufficient to lead it astray from its duty and its interest. Antipathy in one nation against another disposes each more readily to offer insult and injury, to lay hold of slight causes of umbrage, and to be haughty and intractable when accidental or trifling occasions of dispute occur.....

Excessive partiality for one foreign nation and excessive dislike of another cause those whom they actuate to see danger only on one side, and serve to veil and even second the arts of influence on the other. Real patriots who may resist the intrigues of the favorite are liable to become suspected and odious, while its tools and dupes usurp the applause and confidence of the people to surrender their interests."

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom