Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Hypothetical question. Say somehow this (or China/Taiwan) goes to ww3, but not nuclear, I'm 31, average health, probably overweight. What are the chances I'd be drafted if they extended the age?
    I would say they will never get you. Too many up to 24 they would be taking, vast majority are going to be 18. We got over 300 million so plenty of younger kids to take compared to WWII.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hypothetical question. Say somehow this (or China/Taiwan) goes to ww3, but not nuclear, I'm 31, average health, probably overweight. What are the chances I'd be drafted if they extended the age?
    My money is on retired dudes like me and @Brad69 will be back in uniform before there is another draft. I'm well past (6 years) my 30 year service commitment so the USAF can't reach out and touch me. HOWEVER, SECDEF can (under USC Title 10 Section 688) call retirees back to active duty if there is a full mobilization (haven't had one of those since WW II.)

USC Title 10 Section 688 in order:

Retirees (not medically retired) who have been retired less than 5 years.

Retirees (not medically retired) who have been retired more than 5 years.

Medically retired.

After the Services recall those they can based on service commitment (I used to get letters from the Air Force Reserve Personnel Center, they stopped after February 2016, wonder why?? Oh yeah, I went on active duty February 1986... 30 years were up!) SECDEF will start with... wow a bunch of old dudes/dudettes.

Now keep in mind, I'm 57 years old. The USAF Reserve Personnel Center thought I was still fully qualified in my old career field (Supply Management) in 2016 despite not working in that career field since 1999 (this is due to... well long story short Big Blue still thinks I'm a 2S071 since I retired in September 2007, five months before all those qualifications would've dropped off.)

I wouldn't have the first clue how to operate in a Supply organization today, but trucks, forklifts, and warehouses really ain't changed that much since WW II. I can still do that.

I bring up the Supply Management career field since they sold their soul to regionalization and contracting out the Supply functions on bases without combat missions for 30 years has gutted the career field. Works great in peace time...

Full mobilization without a draft? Bring back the retirees and not have a draft. That's my prediction.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    From the information I've seen, radiation levels are extremely low and the media is feeding people a steaming pile, preying on the public's lack of understanding of radiation measurements and risk.

Maybe Ukrainians shouldn't fight from locations that might pose a danger if it gets shelled? Either way, I legitimately have no concerns of a nuclear problem from the power plants.
    Are they RBMKs? If so, maybe you should

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't see a situation where a draft would be desirable.

I'd wager a large percentage of people would kill themselves before they'd fight for the country anymore.
    The top google search result would be how to dodge the draft.
    When it's over, strip them of their citizenship and turn them out at the nearest border

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Nato did studies on this, and there was a real possibility that WW3 could kick off and not immediately go nuclear. They did some simulations to that effect.

Its not that unbelievable, Everyone knows the power of these weapons and the consequences from them, and did some simulations to that effect.

In the scenarios, the problem came when someone was close to loosing the scenario. They would go for a single tactical nuke. then the gloves came off and it quickly escalated into the mass launch nuke scenario. And despite one side being close to victory, in the end the scenario ended up being a no one won scenario.
    It's 36 years old and includes the Warsaw Pact nations, but a rousing good read; Clancy's best imo. I think that it might be interesting to give it another go.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

What could possibly go wrong?

PS: Comments are the best part of the article:

Kamala Harris went to Poland. Poland is a country in Europe. It is next to Germany, which is a slightly bigger country. It is also near Lithuania. Lithuania is also a country, but it is a smaller country. All these countries border the Baltic Sea. You could cross the Baltic Sea if you had a boat, but then you would be in a different country.
    Any chance the plane wanders into UA airspace?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Like Kelly stated our retirement pay is actually “retainer” pay. We are actually still in the military and accounted for and still subject to the UCMJ!

My MOS still exists but my Recon identifier is obsolete and they have females in Recon now!

I am 53 and retired in 2012 and gained about 60 lbs my DS skills are dated I was trained at Ft. Benning and I am not certified to train females.

I am fully qualified to sit at a desk and surf the interwebs and post on INGO!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's 36 years old and includes the Warsaw Pact nations, but a rousing good read; Clancy's best imo. I think that it might be interesting to give it another go.

Red Storm Rising! As a Blue Suiter who was in Iceland during the Cold War... damn I get it. Clancy's description of Keflavik NAS was dead-on accurate for 1988.

I've said several times here, in a Red Storm Rising situation we'd have shot half the Icelanders. That's of course if we could've got our hands on weapons and ammo. Rockville NYI (Naval Yard Installation, the last manned remote Radar site in the USAF) seven miles away? Yes absolutely. On Keflavik NAS? I seriously doubt it.

Holy **** I was at Taegu Air Base (K-2) ROK 92-93, WE DIDN'T HAVE A GUN ON THE DAMN PLACE!! WHAT THE ACTUAL ****?? I look back on that and we were so completely ****** in a SHTF situation.

Reactions: oze

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Wow. I get disliking someone but hoping them, and the entirety of everyone on the plane, gets killed is pretty messed up.
    Killed was never stated by me. that’s on you. There is a handful of possible outcomes that you completely passed over to say I wanted people killed. Clearly you are messed up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom