• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I bought the 4.25” model and it will be delivered to my FFL Tuesday. I had been wanting a Staccato P until this came out. By the time you add an RMR, light, and extra mags you are well over $3k for the Staccato. This will scratch my 2011 itch for less money.
    I'm 4K deep into my Staccato but to be honest it was worth the wait, I do shoot other handguns really well that are far less expensive but when I saw my son's face and the group he shot with the Staccato that has no price.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    There was a reason it took Staccato a second to make a 5 inch gun, slide velocities at that point are an issue. Apparently Staccato mags work better than the SA ones too.

Also any pistol that requires a "break in" period should be put in the garbage pile where it belongs.
    I was hoping that SA would be a less expensive source of mags but after watching several videos seems like magazine at the moment are not good, so if you have to buy Staccato mags to run the SA it kind defeats the purpose.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I was hoping that SA would be a less expensive source of mags but after watching several videos seems like magazine at the moment are not good, so if you have to buy Staccato mags to run the SA it kind defeats the purpose.

By the time you factor in cost of optics plates and the optic itself does $30 a mag price difference really matter that much? To use the age old argument "I could buy almost 4 Glock 19's for that " :abused:. But I can't really say much I got my Staccato for a steal , if given the opportunity who would not pay $250 more for a Staccato over a SA.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    By the time you factor in cost of optics plates and the optic itself does $30 a mag price difference really matter that much? To use the age old argument "I could buy almost 4 Glock 19's for that " :abused:. But I can't really say much I got my Staccato for a steal , if given the opportunity who would not pay $250 more for a Staccato over a SA.
    If it was only 250.00 yeah maybe save up a bit more for the Staccato but even with Mil discount there's still a 500.00 difference right now and that's paying right at MSRP for a Prodigy.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    I'm not following the math.

For example, an optic-ready Staccato C2 is 2299 while a Prodigy is 1499. Add in a the cost of a $60 plate for the Prodigy and the difference is $740 - or $791 with tax. Using the Mil discount may bring it down to $500 - but how do you get the difference to $250?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm not following the math.

For example, an optic-ready Staccato C2 is 2299 while a Prodigy is 1499. Add in a the cost of a $60 plate for the Prodigy and the difference is $740 - or $791 with tax. Using the Mil discount may bring it down to $500 - but how do you get the difference to $250?
    Dean had mentioned he got a really good deal on his so maybe that was his point of reference.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Dean had mentioned he got a really good deal on his so maybe that was his point of reference.

Correct, my LGS is a fantastic one and they gave me a decent discount on my Staccato back in 2020. It's why I tell everyone to try and buy one in person as you will generally save some. Online you are forced to pay MSRP

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    Dean - don't be stingy - tell us where we can buy Staccatos at discount, please! I'm in the buy once/cry once camp, but even with the Hero Program a P DPO would cost me $800 more than the DS (at Springer's IOP price). I'd MUCH rather have the Staccato, but my stingy side has trouble swallowing the price difference.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Dean - don't be stingy - tell us where we can buy Staccatos at discount, please! I'm in the buy once/cry once camp, but even with the Hero Program a P DPO would cost me $800 more than the DS (at Springer's IOP price). I'd MUCH rather have the Staccato, but my stingy side has trouble swallowing the price difference.

Honestly I got very lucky , I purchased mine right as the STI / Staccato rebrand was occuring and the guns were just not that popular yet. They had yet to overcome the "expensive race gun that is problematic" reputation. This timeframe was also coincidentally right at the end of the gun "salad days" during the tail end of the Trump Slump in gun sales right before COVID hit. Even the mags were cheaper then at $55 a piece.

Now with demand being through the roof and people paying extra to fast track guns I don't see the "good customer" discount exceeding $200 off MSRP now.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    So....does anyone think this will push Staccato to offer an "entry level" model?

Could other manufacturers follow? I was ready for the Dan Wesson DWX to hit the market but it seems to have died in pre-production.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Honestly I got very lucky , I purchased mine right as the STI / Staccato rebrand was occuring and the guns were just not that popular yet. They had yet to overcome the "expensive race gun that is problematic" reputation. This timeframe was also coincidentally right at the end of the gun "salad days" during the tail end of the Trump Slump in gun sales right before COVID hit. Even the mags were cheaper then at $55 a piece.

Now with demand being through the roof and people paying extra to fast track guns I don't see the "good customer" discount exceeding $200 off MSRP now.
    So who carries these in stock?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Yeah, those are at pretty much MSRP pricing.

Again Staccato very strictly enforces their MSRP pricing online , go to the gun shop buy a few things and make some friends.

ohJRMKO.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm genuinely intrigued by the 2011 9mm platform now and I really shouldn't be. My handguns have generally been defensive based and striker fired, all are currently Sig P320 and P365 guns. I've owned some 1911's and shot plenty of other people's too, also some 2011 guns and plenty of CZ's, but I don't think I've ever shot a 2011 in 9mm. I'm curious how the shooting experience of a Staccato/Prodigy would compare to say a Shadow 2 or P320 AXG (with a small amount of extra weight added). I'm thinking about getting back into IDPA next year and my gut tells me to use a gun closer to what I would carry for defensive purposes. I have a really hard time having stuff just to have it, but that 2011 looks like a damn good time....

Top Bottom