• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Took the Prodigy out again for some testing. The only ammo I have had issue with was the Hornady Critical Duty, I replaced the recoil spring with a 14lb and it ate even that ammo but I got a Staccato mag and put the original recoil spring back in and with the Staccato mag it fed everything just fine so maybe there is a mag issue with the Prodigy's. So you can up the recoil spring or get a Staccato mag lol.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Took the Prodigy out again for some testing. The only ammo I have had issue with was the Hornady Critical Duty, I replaced the recoil spring with a 14lb and it ate even that ammo but I got a Staccato mag and put the original recoil spring back in and with the Staccato mag it fed everything just fine so maybe there is a mag issue with the Prodigy's. So you can up the recoil spring or get a Staccato mag lol.

How many times do we see a 1911 issue being mag related? ALOT!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    How many times do we see a 1911 issue being mag related? ALOT!
    True, the Staccato mags are pretty highly polished so maybe the Prodigy mags are a bit rough under the feed lips and this retards the feeding with the light recoil spring? I know some have polished their Prodigy mags under and around the feed lips and they work.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    edyY3mP.jpg

I am betting this is very similar to the C that was discontinued.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County

That's what I'm guessing.

Since seeing your post, I've been scouring the internet. The only thing I found was in a Reddit post where a Staccato rep was quoted as saying "It's pure Staccato just smaller"

Before I invest in C accessories I need to know if I goofed. Either way, I'll keep the C - my Staccato collection may just grow.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

That's what I'm guessing.

Since seeing your post, I've been scouring the internet. The only thing I found was in a Reddit post where a Staccato rep was quoted as saying "It's pure Staccato just smaller"

Before I invest in C accessories I need to know if I goofed. Either way, I'll keep the C - my Staccato collection may just grow.
    It looks like a scaled down C2, it might be just right.

Last edited:

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    Yes!!!

It does look like a scaled down C2.

Here's what jumps out at me - new grip, grip is thinner, barrel is shorter, height seems to have gone up and looks like an external extractor.

I am wondering about the extractor - have there been any problems with the current internal one?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yes!!!

It does look like a scaled down C2.

Here's what jumps out at me - new grip, grip is thinner, barrel is shorter, height seems to have gone up and looks like an external extractor.

I am wondering about the extractor - have there been any problems with the current internal one?
    According to the specs it's about .10 thinner than a C2 or P, external extractor might allow them to make a thinner slide, probably cheaper to manufacture too, Wilson seems to have had good luck with it.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    mElAwvQ.jpg

I am thinking due to Wilson's use of them the External extractor keeps cost down and might be advantageous in the modified design. Based on the barrel hood design I am going to go on a limb and say they altered the locking mechanism to make the 3.25 inch gun work. Also guessing the magazines are proprietary to the CS and won't fit in a P or C2, I am VERY interested, probably going to list my ECO to fund this

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    When WC came out with the EDC X9, I seem to remember they made a big deal about how the external extractor was more reliable - maybe for 9mm?

I too was wondering about the magazines and the thinned grip. However, the C2 is now listed at a height of 5.6" - exactly the same as the CS. And both are listed at 16 rounds ea - at least they are on the comparison table. On the CS page tech specs, they list 15 rounds /mag. I can't see them making a mag that is a tiny bit thinner and with one less round - my guess is same mags - at least I hope so as they are kinda the standard for the class. Can't wait for the first hands on reviews.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    I'm a little obsessed with this new CS model. I was planning on a C2 as my next Staccato but want to learn more about this latest model.

As I noted earlier, Staccato initially listed it as having 15-round magazines. In his video short on YouTube, Arkz gun has a screenshot of that original page. The tech specs now show that you get 3 16-round magazines.

Once you click on the Buy Now button, you are then treated to the info that "3 newly designed 16 round magazines included in each order"

as well as

"Loaded with significant patent-pending technology"

I am guessing that this technology refers at least in part to the external extractor as well as the flute barrel I saw on a photo elsewhere.

Any inside info on what else they might be referring to?

CoachSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 23, 2020
    Fortville
    Has anyone on here tried the Enigma system for appendix? I have heard nothing but good things about the system and am considering giving it a shot to make carrying my 2011 easier.

Plus the LAS holsters are compatabile
    I have two enigmas. One for P365X and one for Springfield Hellcat. My son has two as well. One for P365x and one for P320. We love them. Can wear them with shorts, sweats, jeans, dress pants. As an instructor, I also work with a lot of female clients with them to wear with leggings and even dresses. I takes a bit to get your sweet spot, but when you get it set, it’s rally the best set up.

Top Bottom