38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    gBQNswx.png

CL317N3.jpg

MdzQKg3.png

TdJI9S4.jpg

XhPhxfS.png

Looks to me like Springfield Armory in typical neve had an original idea ever fashion has decided to rip off the Staccato P for about $1000 less of the MSRP's that have been leaked are correct. No word on what magazines it will take however.

If Springfield ****s the bed with this I am going to be mad, I have been seriously enjoying the come back of the 2011 thanks to Staccato (since all the guns work now) hopefully Springfield can make a reliable gun. Plus now people complaining about how expensive a Staccato is can just get one of these and hope it's just as good.

Tn9tFm9.jpg

They could not even come up with original slide serrations :lmfao:
    Im not a bit fan of Springfield or the 1911 platform aside from its historic value but it would be nice to see a working 2011 at a reasonable price.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    So I haven't had a chance to watch all of the videos yet. A ton dropped at midnight. So far at least a couple of them had feeding issues with the factory mags that went away when they switched to Staccato mags. So far it looks like "almost as good as a real 2011 but cheaper". I look forward to reviews from someone I trust that really knows what they are talking about like Hilton Yam.

Reactions: KG1

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    I was in the market for a hammer-fired carry gun that could be used to train with etc - that led me to the Staccato C2. The cost was holding me back. So this is worth a look as the optic-ready version is $1499. Downside is that it is 0.5" taller than a C2 - basically commander height but thicker grip. Never had a SA handgun and so need to do a little research. A 6-month wait to check out reviews sounds like a good idea

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    the 5 inch in various videos seem to having FTF.
    Can you link to a couple? I'd like to follow along with their experiences. I am also a little hesitant to judge on the those first 500 rounds; unless it is excessive.

I am about 80% committed to a 4.25" but I am going to wait a little while and see what the first run holds for people.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Can you link to a couple? I'd like to follow along with their experiences. I am also a little hesitant to judge on the those first 500 rounds; unless it is excessive.

I am about 80% committed to a 4.25" but I am going to wait a little while and see what the first run holds for people.

There was a reason it took Staccato a second to make a 5 inch gun, slide velocities at that point are an issue. Apparently Staccato mags work better than the SA ones too.

Also any pistol that requires a "break in" period should be put in the garbage pile where it belongs.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Had the opportunity to fondle a 4.25" model today at a LGS in Fort Wayne. The FedEx guy literally delivered it while I was standing at the counter. Very nice gun, color me impressed. It already had a buyer....

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I just spent three hours looking in the garbage pile for some Les Baer's. Darn it. Couldn't find a one. :stickpoke: :cool:

We all know less needs to stop being cheap and pay for an hour or two more of hand fitting. Plus you know what you are getting into with a Baer in their defence lol. I will concede that one, but not even my Dan Wesson's or CZ TSO needed break in. Big well fit steel framed guns are my thing and they all work from the word go in my experience.

Top Bottom