• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    More forum rumors , apparently Gen 2/3 Staccato magazines work in the prodigy. This is a double edged sword as they are reliable, but expensive and hard to get occasionally. This pistol might actually run, interested to see country of origin and internals.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    More forum rumors , apparently Gen 2/3 Staccato magazines work in the prodigy. This is a double edged sword as they are reliable, but expensive and hard to get occasionally. This pistol might actually run, interested to see country of origin and internals.

If this is true, I find it a plus for SA.

True. More expensive but they are tried and true mags with support.

I’d rather see that than a warmed over design.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Looking forward to see what comes of this….. in the meantime I have two pistols to get red dots for as well as holsters etc for all five. By then we ought to know if this is good to go or a flash in the pan……

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was on their page Sunday and there was a countdown that ended midnight Monday. I go back to their page and nothing new. I wondered what happened?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Any idea why they moved out of 1911 arena?

STI made 1911's but their bread and butter was always 2011's, when bought out they IMHO streamlined production, hired Dave Dawson to fix the magazines , and chased LE contracts for marketing as competition just does not cut it. The rebrand was highly successful IMHO as they cannot make guns fast enough now.

They are offering a lot more options now gun wise than in 2019 even, so if they were to expand the line up to a single stack eventually I would not be surprised. They still make the C which is an officer sized 1911 (and a great one at that). I doubt it would be hard to make the grip and slide longer to make it a government or commander sized. But I personally doubt they ever make a totally steel frame 1911 again.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    GrZr2Dl.jpg

Better pictures , STI magazines definitely work, supposedly Springfield is using MecGar. This could be fantastic for Staccato owners as these mags should work in 2011's.

Dealer MSRP for optics is $1800 , apparently cut for the HEX footprint (not sure what that is honestly so someone help me out). Interesting to see what street price is as for $400~ more you could get a Staccato the more the price gap closes the less attractive it looks IMHO.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    STI made 1911's but their bread and butter was always 2011's, when bought out they IMHO streamlined production, hired Dave Dawson to fix the magazines , and chased LE contracts for marketing as competition just does not cut it. The rebrand was highly successful IMHO as they cannot make guns fast enough now.

They are offering a lot more options now gun wise than in 2019 even, so if they were to expand the line up to a single stack eventually I would not be surprised. They still make the C which is an officer sized 1911 (and a great one at that). I doubt it would be hard to make the grip and slide longer to make it a government or commander sized. But I personally doubt they ever make a totally steel frame 1911 again.

I came across one of their 1911’s used on the fence about it. it’s a commander size. So I was kind of curious about them and quality.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Hmmm. Since a 2011 has a separate grip module, would that not preclude a manufacturer from making a “2011” that uses Glock magazines? Maybe some work on the feed ramp and such, but I think a company like PSA or Lone Wolf or similar could make a single action lower receiver to marry to a Glock slide.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Hmmm. Since a 2011 has a separate grip module, would that not preclude a manufacturer from making a “2011” that uses Glock magazines? Maybe some work on the feed ramp and such, but I think a company like PSA or Lone Wolf or similar could make a single action lower receiver to marry to a Glock slide.

tv2ZhXX.jpg

Left Staccato Mag, right P365 mag

That entire idea is disgusting FYI, Glock magazines are trash and the justification of "they are cheap" is a bad excuse at this point. That and the double to single stack taper is a pain. Now Zev tried to make something like a Glock 2011 and it was mediocre at best like everything Glock brand Glock related.

That idea might work in a wide bodied 1911 like the old Paras but would not work on a 2011 as the frame portion is still single stack thickness. The OG 2011's were just chopped up 1911's. Would also hate to see how fat that magazine would make the grip. Sometimes it's with spending $50~ for a good magazine.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    GrZr2Dl.jpg

Better pictures , STI magazines definitely work, supposedly Springfield is using MecGar. This could be fantastic for Staccato owners as these mags should work in 2011's.

Dealer MSRP for optics is $1800 , apparently cut for the HEX footprint (not sure what that is honestly so someone help me out). Interesting to see what street price is as for $400~ more you could get a Staccato the more the price gap closes the less attractive it looks IMHO.
    I must say that I don't hate the way it looks. Looks aren't everything though. All depends on how it functions. If it doesn't function reliably then all you are left with is a good looking turd (Hello Kimber). If SA got it right then I say it's definitely on the list for consideration.

Also, HEX is an MRD branded by SA. it's basically the same footprint used on the Hellcat which is also compatible with the Shield RMSc.

The HEX Wasp micro red dot by Springfield Armory is a ruggedly built electronic optic ready for EDC carry and use. The HEX optics line was spec'd out by Springfield Armory over a two-year period, and the optics are made specifically to Springfield's rigid standards

Last edited:

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I’ve always related magazine cost to the price of a firearm. Buy a Hipoint buy cheaper magazines…. Buy a $2500 Staccato I wouldn’t think you’d have $20 mags. All things are relative…….

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    tv2ZhXX.jpg

Left Staccato Mag, right P365 mag

That entire idea is disgusting FYI, Glock magazines are trash and the justification of "they are cheap" is a bad excuse at this point. That and the double to single stack taper is a pain. Now Zev tried to make something like a Glock 2011 and it was mediocre at best like everything Glock brand Glock related.

That idea might work in a wide bodied 1911 like the old Paras but would not work on a 2011 as the frame portion is still single stack thickness. The OG 2011's were just chopped up 1911's. Would also hate to see how fat that magazine would make the grip. Sometimes it's with spending $50~ for a good magazine.
    Oh I definitely see what you’re saying, I was just saying that IF a company made a swappable lower that interfaced using common magazines and holsters, they could just about kill the 2011 market. I don’t know that it’s possible, but somebody made the P90 which turns a cartridge 90 degrees and ejects it out of the bottom so I’d hazard a guess anything is possible. I’d buy one.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Oh I definitely see what you’re saying, I was just saying that IF a company made a swappable lower that interfaced using common magazines and holsters, they could just about kill the 2011 market. I don’t know that it’s possible, but somebody made the P90 which turns a cartridge 90 degrees and ejects it out of the bottom so I’d hazard a guess anything is possible. I’d buy one.

The hotness would be an even thinner 2011 made using P365 Macro mags IMHO, now that would be epic.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    There is a manufacturer that makes one that uses glock mags,its a AF1911 S15.

Top Bottom