2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    gBQNswx.png

CL317N3.jpg

MdzQKg3.png

TdJI9S4.jpg

XhPhxfS.png

Looks to me like Springfield Armory in typical neve had an original idea ever fashion has decided to rip off the Staccato P for about $1000 less of the MSRP's that have been leaked are correct. No word on what magazines it will take however.

If Springfield ****s the bed with this I am going to be mad, I have been seriously enjoying the come back of the 2011 thanks to Staccato (since all the guns work now) hopefully Springfield can make a reliable gun. Plus now people complaining about how expensive a Staccato is can just get one of these and hope it's just as good.

Tn9tFm9.jpg

They could not even come up with original slide serrations :lmfao:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'll be a buyer if or when they do come to market. What's not to like if it is affordable and reliable?
    Because it wouldn't be fair to those that spent a grand more on a Staccato? :dunno:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've had the pleasure to shoot a borrowed Staccato P. It was extremely sweet.

I was told by the owner it was $2700 I think. Very much worth it. But I'm not exactly shopping for a big purchase right now.

I'd like to see how the Springfield turns out.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Because it wouldn't be fair to those that spent a grand more on a Staccato? :dunno:
    Well, that's just part of the free and fair market imo. Doubt they'll be identical offerings. Just like a Wilson Combat and a Springfield 1911 no?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Well, that's just part of the free and fair market imo. Doubt they'll be identical offerings. Just like a Wilson Combat and a Springfield 1911 no?

I was going to say a Dan Wesson Valor versus a Springfield TRP myself. Both are good guns but the DW is the undisputed winner of that fight IMHO. Probably going to see MIM here , and if they use 2011 magazines people will balk at the cost for sure.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well I'm with you. If it proves to be reliable and a more affordable option for those that want to get into the 2011 platform, then I don't necessarily see a problem.

I will say this to those that want to take a gamble and purchase something before it's been proven to be reliable and turn out to be disappointed. That's the chance you take.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I was going to say a Dan Wesson Valor versus a Springfield TRP myself. Both are good guns but the DW is the undisputed winner of that fight IMHO. Probably going to see MIM here , and if they use 2011 magazines people will balk at the cost for sure.
    I'm partial to the DWV. Now I might be biased because I own one and not a TRP. :):

JRR85

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    I’ve been watching the thread on this over on the 1911addicts forum. I’m interested in the street price and how it compares to the Staccato and Bul armory offerings.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I used the WC/Springfield comparison because of the price difference is more compatible to the situation. The DW/TRP price comparison isnt as wide.

People will always balk when something new comes to market. The phrase "Can't please all the people all the time" comes to mind. :dunno:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I’ve been watching the thread on this over on the 1911addicts forum. I’m interested in the street price and how it compares to the Staccato and Bul armory offerings.

I'm interested in the Bul Armory TacII 4.25 offerings. Any feedback from the 1911addicts forum on those? From the few YouTube vids I've seen, they look promising at the price point.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Would getting more reliable guns out there for a lower price point that run 2011 mags potentially in the long run, bring more suppliers/supply for 2011 mags and lower those costs? (In the short run of course it would increase demand for the mags on the current supply)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've had the pleasure to shoot a borrowed Staccato P. It was extremely sweet.

I was told by the owner it was $2700 I think. Very much worth it. But I'm not exactly shopping for a big purchase right now.

I'd like to see how the Springfield turns out.
    If he paid 2700 for a Staccato P he didn't shop around, unless it was all tricked out!

JRR85

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    I'm interested in the Bul Armory TacII 4.25 offerings. Any feedback from the 1911addicts forum on those? From the few YouTube vids I've seen, they look promising at the price point.

I haven’t seen anything specific on the TacII but most reviews of Bul armory guns are favorable. My reservations are around warranty work which seems to be fairly common on any 2011 offering. Staccato is in Texas and they stand behind their product. I’ve personally had Springfield do warranty on a gun and the experience was great. Quick turnaround and issue was resolved.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Would getting more reliable guns out there for a lower price point that run 2011 mags potentially in the long run, bring more suppliers/supply for 2011 mags and lower those costs? (In the short run of course it would increase demand for the mags on the current supply)

Not sure honestly , right now Staccato and MBX are the only sources of mags I am aware of. When the Staccato rebrand happened new Gen 2 magazines were $55 a piece, now they are $70~ but they have always been expensive. Very interesting to see where Springfield went with it.

Personally if I were building a 2011 from the ground up I would use SIG P365 magazines TBH. Assuming the geometry worked

Top Bottom