• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    So my camcorder decided to take a swim in a dirty puddle the other day, tried the rice trick and blow dryer trick, no luck. Went to Best Buy last night, talked them down $200 off their asking price and walked out the door with a Canon HF20. I am liking it so far, going shooting this Sunday, will put it to the test to see how it really performs. Did a quick test video on my Ruger SR9 thought I would share. Of course, my cat had to come along and ruin everything.:draw:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOmmcLzMsSU]YouTube - Canon HF20 HD Test on Ruger SR9[/ame]

SteveG66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Great Work!!

Skoty,

I like, you made a great piece for Ruger to use!!!

I have a Canon similar to yours, the HG20, what are some of your settings for this movie.

I would like to know how to post to youtube, unfortuantely, most of my movies use too much memory. What quality setting did you use?

Again, nice job.

SteveG

jim2100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    T.V. quality video, but poor lighting.
    Keep up the good work. Fantastic and appropriate music.
    Jim

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Skoty,

I like, you made a great piece for Ruger to use!!!

I have a Canon similar to yours, the HG20, what are some of your settings for this movie.

I would like to know how to post to youtube, unfortuantely, most of my movies use too much memory. What quality setting did you use?

Again, nice job.

SteveG

It was in P (programmed AE mode) MXP 24MBPS, I set my white balance to the cloth in the bacground, Frame rate was 60i, x.v.color was off. The file uploaded was just the raw MTS file

How to upload to Youtube:
    Getting Started : How to upload - YouTube Help

The music was by Arts And Kraphts - Battleship
    ArtsAndKraphts

T.V. quality video, but poor lighting.
    Keep up the good work. Fantastic and appropriate music.
    Jim

Yea, the lighting was just a very quick setup of a home light. I took the video out of boredom at 3am haha.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    way too clean for a gun, if my guns are ever that clean they think their stolen

I have a strong case of OCD, so everything I own is very clean. That is my daily carry as well, I see the lint on the trigger and dirt in the serrations on the slide and tonight I am cleaning it all over.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I have a strong case of OCD, so everything I own is very clean. That is my daily carry as well, I see the lint on the trigger and dirt in the serrations on the slide and tonight I am cleaning it all over.

Would you like shoot a few of my guns, I wouldn't mind if you cleaned up my guns like that

lol:D:D

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Nice video. How do you like the gun? I was talking to someone on here about seeing one at Gander a couple of weeks ago and was amazed to see a double stack hi cap mag in a handgrip that slim. Not a dao fan, but that is one well balanced little shooter. Work pretty good for you? Feed well? Accurate?

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Would you like shoot a few of my guns, I wouldn't mind if you cleaned up my guns like that

lol:D:D

I have no problems shooting them or shooting them for a video, I enjoy cleaning firearms honestly. If you were joking it was funny, but if you were honest, we can work something out im sure. Send me a PM if you really would like to arrange something! :yesway:

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nice video. How do you like the gun? I was talking to someone on here about seeing one at Gander a couple of weeks ago and was amazed to see a double stack hi cap mag in a handgrip that slim. Not a dao fan, but that is one well balanced little shooter. Work pretty good for you? Feed well? Accurate?

I love the gun to be honest, yea I am not a big fan of DAO but its not that noticeable in all honesty. I will be crossing the 1,200 round mark tomorrow through the gun in the 11 months I have owned it and have yet to have one FTF/FTE counting all types of 9mm. It shoots exactly where its pointing. I carry it daily either in a IWB M-TAC holster or a Safariland OWB holster made for a Glock (cant remember the model). But I love it. Some say the grip purchase is kinda skinny but its alright for me. I don't have massive hands with tree trunk fingers but decent sized hand, I can handle a XD, P226 just fine. I should have some video up tomorrow night/monday of the firearm in action.

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    What we seem to be missing here is the fact that he talked Best Buy in to knocking off $200.00 from a camcorder.LOL.Awesome tactical move!!!Nice video!!!

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I have no problems shooting them or shooting them for a video, I enjoy cleaning firearms honestly. If you were joking it was funny, but if you were honest, we can work something out im sure. Send me a PM if you really would like to arrange something! :yesway:

you inspired me I cleaned last night,

have some "classic" firearms I think I'll get them clean and this winter take some still's and publish them. We might collectively build an image and video library

Top Bottom