• ...and so much more!
  • Ddoty1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I didn’t think bikers were liberal!
    I dont know what brought liberals into this conversation... but im sure there are some liberal bikers. I have a feeling your calling me a liberal which if thats the case im guessing your the seller and i must say that is about as intelligent of a response as our original interaction through email.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Rude and ignorant people exist across all parts of the political spectrum. A lot of people have inflated views of themselves and that tends to come out when dealing with gun sales. Life would be better if more people just followed the simple rule to treat others as you expect to be treated.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    Why would you deal with Armslist, when you could be trading in the INGO classifieds?

A lot less nameless faceless folks in our classies and you can somewhat vet them through their INGO post history.

I bought an XDS on Armslist. Worked out great. Then I start inquiring about other guns and find its a scam. Three different guns In a row… all scams. I generally don’t inquire unless Im serious. So I have allocated the money in my head already BEFORE I even ask, so Im not giving anyone the run around. When I find its a scam I get so mad. Three times in a row. Im done. I unsubscribed.

The scams are even obvious. I can identify several other postings by what is obviously the same scammer. I could identify and take them down, why cannot Armslist? On top of that, other users are making listings to warn everyone about the scam listings. So its scams and warnings about scams. I am not going to try and dig actual offers out of a haystack of scams. INGO now the only gun classifieds I review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I bought an XDS on Armslist. Worked out great. Then I start inquiring about other guns and find its a scam. Three different guns In a row… all scams. I generally don’t inquire unless Im serious. So I have allocated the money in my head already BEFORE I even ask, so Im not giving anyone the run around. When I find its a scam I get so mad. Three times in a row. Im done. I unsubscribed.

The scams are even obvious. I can identify several other postings by what is obviously the same scammer. I could identify and take them down, why cannot Armslist? On top of that, other users are making listings to warn everyone about the scam listings. So its scams and warnings about scams. I am not going to try and dig actual offers out of a haystack of scams. INGO now the only gun classifieds I review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Welcome to INGO!

We need a lot more activity in the classifieds. It's turned into a ghost town.

:ingo:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I dont know what brought liberals into this conversation... but im sure there are some liberal bikers. I have a feeling your calling me a liberal which if thats the case im guessing your the seller and i must say that is about as intelligent of a response as our original interaction through email.

Welcome to INGO, sooner or later a thread always drifts to either liberals Or food (especially bacon or pineapple pizza.)

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Welcome to the site, OP.

Not trying to defend the seller, but I don't always buy the "but I can get it somewhere else for cheaper" argument - if you can, then what's stopping you from going that route? For a lot of buyers (and sellers), there is a value add to a private purchase, as it eliminates shipping & handling, taxes, wait times, and FFL nonsense. That gun might be $X cheaper at your favorite online retailer, but with shipping, taxes, and transfer fees (not to mention waiting several days or more), that price gap narrows.

Armslist is hit or miss, but there are plenty of deals to be found if you can wade through the morass of noise. Frankly, I find INGOs classifieds to be sorely lacking, but that doesn't stop me from checking them several times a week.

Ddoty1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Welcome to the site, OP.

Not trying to defend the seller, but I don't always buy the "but I can get it somewhere else for cheaper" argument - if you can, then what's stopping you from going that route? For a lot of buyers (and sellers), there is a value add to a private purchase, as it eliminates shipping & handling, taxes, wait times, and FFL nonsense. That gun might be $X cheaper at your favorite online retailer, but with shipping, taxes, and transfer fees (not to mention waiting several days or more), that price gap narrows.

Armslist is hit or miss, but there are plenty of deals to be found if you can wade through the morass of noise. Frankly, I find INGOs classifieds to be sorely lacking, but that doesn't stop me from checking them several times a week.
    The reason this was posted was not the i can buy it for x amount online which is a very valid thing to do when purchasing used items. This thread was started because of the way he handled the matter and the things he said, i was wanting to see what others thought about this encounter. I do agree that buying used has its advantages but one of them is a lot of the time you can get a better deal buying used than buying new, if someone is asking more than what it cost new it is completely normal to say hey this is what i can buy this for new can you atleast match that. I do understand that for some buying used saves them the 3 day wait period and the background check but when you have a concealed weapons permit the main advantage to buying used is a deal not the lack of paperwork(unless you just dont want firearms in your name)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Best to ignore - some people here have to inject politics into everything.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Didn't see it mentioned, but I detest haggling. If I see something listed for a price I find to be high, I have no expectation that that is an initial offer nor would I bother to negotiate. I simply would reject that listing

Not sure how many there are on INGO who are like me (most probably hope not many, for a variety of reasons), but maybe if you're listing something and it is not unique and can still be purchased new do the research on what retail is and price accordingly to reach the widest audience

Altrex

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    I found this site shortly after and made a account i am going to be posting a few classifieds sometime this week a polished colt mkiv series 80 and a springfield 22 rifle

Just curious if you had made any Armslist purchases? If so, how did it go? I have been thinking of joining as there are some things I am interested in that are not in the local classifieds.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just curious if you had made any Armslist purchases? If so, how did it go? I have been thinking of joining as there are some things I am interested in that are not in the local classifieds.
    Might be worth using the WTB section of the INGO classifieds? It's worked well for me more than once.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I would end up with a mile long list if I could not just rely on my grazing impulses. Good idea though, will give it a shot.
    I'm with you. I'd love to see more activity in our classifieds. INGO classifieds used to be a crazy busy place. Adds used to disappear from the front page of their section in hours. Much longer now, with the lower activity.

IMHO, way too many of our members are quick to take their trading to other sites. It'd be great to have our members revisit trading here, rather than the nameless faceless sites with a lot more problems and little or no trader vetting. :twocents:

Ddoty1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I sold a old taurus 357 magnumand sold a old springfield 22 , bought a colt lightweight commander and i traded some reloading equiptment for an ar. So far my actual transactions have been good but selling on there you will have the same group of people that look up prices on sites like gun.deals and offer you 50% of the cheapest deal, you will run in to rude people, you will have people expecting you to give them 1000 for a stock glock. Its more of a craigslist for guns, you can find good deals but there are more scammers and i feel like the anonymity of armslist would give you a higher chance of a criminal wanting to do gun transactions. I personally will use both and i constantly am looking at both the classifieds here and on armslist to see if any really good deals pop up. If you do use armslist (really and website for face to face transactions) always be prepared, carry a firearm incase it turns in to a robbery, never hand them a loaded gun, pay attention to your surroundings, check for counterfeits, and never send money electronically unless you have the gun in your hands. Be safe the internet is full of some crazy people but if your prepared you should be alright.

Altrex

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    I sold a old taurus 357 magnumand sold a old springfield 22 , bought a colt lightweight commander and i traded some reloading equiptment for an ar. So far my actual transactions have been good but selling on there you will have the same group of people that look up prices on sites like gun.deals and offer you 50% of the cheapest deal, you will run in to rude people, you will have people expecting you to give them 1000 for a stock glock. Its more of a craigslist for guns, you can find good deals but there are more scammers and i feel like the anonymity of armslist would give you a higher chance of a criminal wanting to do gun transactions. I personally will use both and i constantly am looking at both the classifieds here and on armslist to see if any really good deals pop up. If you do use armslist (really and website for face to face transactions) always be prepared, carry a firearm incase it turns in to a robbery, never hand them a loaded gun, pay attention to your surroundings, check for counterfeits, and never send money electronically unless you have the gun in your hands. Be safe the internet is full of some crazy people but if your prepared you should be alright.

Sounds like my buddy will be running overwatch for me lol. Thanks for the info!

Ddoty1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like my buddy will be running overwatch for me lol. Thanks for the info!
    i open carry a 1911 and have a 9 concealed just incase when doing firearm transactions. Plus i keep a ar in my vehicle... you can typically weed out the bad apples before you even meet up with them by the way they communicate but always meet in a public place.

Top Bottom