• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ddoty1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    So i recently contacted a gentleman on armslist about purchasing a firearm he had listed. He mentioned being interested in trades for a 22 rifle so i asked if he was interested in mine or a cash price, he was asking 300 for a taurus g3 i offered 250 as thats what you can buy one new for at palmetto state armory. This guy was immediately rude telling me i was more proud of that gun then he ever would be. I asked if he would take cash on top or the 250 cash as my little sister is waiting on her permit to come in and i wanted to get her her first gun. This guy responds with "that is a straw purchase you ******* slackjaw ******" i responded with "Good luck selling your gun man, i see you have been posting it for months now and i can understand why. Your gun new can be bought for 249.99 ill just go that route and laugh everytime i see it posted" his response was "If you could you would. And actually it's $220 new you f**king noob but I'll let the BATF deal with your straw purchase offers" i sent him a final response of "Buying a gun to gift to someone is not illegal, a straw purchase would be accepting money fromthem and buying it for them because they cant or dont want a firearm in their name. I am not doing either, i am buying a firearm as a gift for my little sister for her first gun. If your going to act like a d*uche atleast know what your talking about. Noob lol if its a g2 you can buy them for 200 currently the cheapest you can buy a g3 advertised is 249.99 from palmetto state armory. But going back the the straw purchase research laws before you start running your mouth"

So my question for everyone was i in the wrong here? Have you guys dealt with people like this? I just moved up here from florida and despite the one troll that was constantly on florida gun trader harassing people selling their firearms i have never dealt with a seller like this
    ]

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210901-112657_Gmail.jpg
      Screenshot_20210901-112657_Gmail.jpg
      126.9 KB · Views: 45
    • Screenshot_20210901-120829_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20210901-120829_Gallery.jpg
      312.5 KB · Views: 45
    • Screenshot_20210901-112733_Gmail.jpg
      Screenshot_20210901-112733_Gmail.jpg
      332 KB · Views: 45
    Last edited by a moderator:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I would say the only thing you did wrong was wasted to much time arguing with an idiot.
    No way I would have wasted my time typing out that much of a response after the slack jaw nonsense.

To bad there is so many of them walking around.

Oh yeah: welcome to :ingo:, make sure to read the rules. The filter won't censor words from copy and pasted text or pics. Have to do it yourself.

Ddoty1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I would say the only thing you did wrong was wasted to much time arguing with an idiot.
    No way I would have wasted my time typing out that much of a response after the slack jaw nonsense.

I was bored and figured i would try to educate the guy, and figured if this guy does co tact the atf and i get a call or email i can atleast show that i informed him

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Ddoty1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Indianapolis

Oh yeah: welcome to :ingo:, make sure to read the rules. The filter won't censor words from copy and pasted text or pics. Have to do it yourself.
    I tried removing the photos and butting up ones with certian words censored but it just leaves those photos up

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I tried removing the photos and butting up ones with certian words censored but it just leaves those photos up

I just edit them, and blur them out with the marker function. Like you did with the blacked out parts.
    There may be a easier way, but I'm an idiot with computer stuff.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

If you do get one for her take it out run 400rds through it to break it in and do a little function test before gifting it to her. I bought my sister a G2c because she wanted it. I put a little over 1k rds through it in 2 days. Breaking it in, and testing it with various HP ammo. Luckily it ate everything and I felt confident with her using it. She may shoot it 50rds evey 6 months if that. Good enough for home defense.

Ddoty1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    If you do get one for her take it out run 400rds through it to break it in and do a little function test before gifting it to her. I bought my sister a G2c because she wanted it. I put a little over 1k rds through it in 2 days. Breaking it in, and testing it with various HP ammo. Luckily it ate everything and I felt confident with her using it. She may shoot it 50rds evey 6 months if that. Good enough for home defense.
    I already planned on it she is a bar tender in bloomington while in college and walks home from work... i finally talked her in to getting her permit after a guy followed her for 3 blocks

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I already planned on it she is a bar tender in bloomington while in college and walks home from work... i finally talked her in to getting her permit after a guy followed her for 3 blocks

Definitely need protection. She should also make a report of it for future reference in case something happens.

Ddoty1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Definitely need protection. She should also make a report of it for future reference in case something happens.
    I told her to luckily that night she was going to her boyfriends apartment and her boyfriend and his two roommates met her a few blocks away from the apartment and the guy turned a corner instantly but it helped me finally convince her

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I told her to luckily that night she was going to her boyfriends apartment and her boyfriend and his two roommates met her a few blocks away from the apartment and the guy turned a corner instantly but it helped me finally convince her

Definitely doesn't sound good. Does she have any firearm experience? If not she should get some training and asap even a basic course is better than nothing.

Top Bottom