• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Has Osamabama denounced the brutal attacks on Iranisn civilians?

Has the ACLU made a statement against the Iranian government for their brutal tactics?

Has Sec. Of State Hillary made ANY statements (besides "give me more Vicodin":n00b:)

Has Nanny Pelosi condemned the beating of Iranian women and men?

Has anyone wondered WHY????

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Yes, and he (Obama) has said that the last thing we want to be seen doing is interfering in the voting process of another nation...and he's right.
    It's the American civil liberties union.
    Who cares what either of them ramble on about.

Just watched Reza Pahlavi crying (literally) about the brutal regime in Iran" now...he might want to read up on his father and his "humantarian" Gov.
    Let them find there own way, then if they go from a theocracy to a democracy or republic then they will appreciate what they accomplish.

Last edited:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    At the same time, I'm not sure I'd be any happier with Obama turning it into a big photo-op for some crocodile tears and a bid for Humanitarian of the Year with U.S. taxpayer dollars.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    If the same protests were going on here in the United States the same thing would be happening to the protesters minus a couple of the shooting deaths.

Police the world....

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Let's get back to the real issues in the news:

Osamabama likes ice cream. He even takes his kids out to enjoy it.
    Will Jonh and Kate (or substitute ANY two names) stay together?
    American Idol is on TV sometime this week.
    PETA wants flies to thrive in America.
    Sarah Palin went to a baseball game.
    The iPhone, the iPhone, the iPhone
    The White House is officially in bed with ABC... NBC, CBS, CNN are furiously jealous.

These are the issues that will have meaning and consequences for the next ...oh, let's say...24 hours.:cool:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

The White House is officially in bed with ABC... NBC, CBS, CNN are furiously jealous.

These are the issues that will have meaning and consequences for the next ...oh, let's say...24 hours.:cool:

Pfft... they all pale next to the big question: Will Pixar ever make a movie as good as The Incredibles again, or are they doomed to suck from now on?

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Pfft... they all pale next to the big question: Will Pixar ever make a movie as good as The Incredibles again, or are they doomed to suck from now on?

Starring Barry and Michele Osamabama.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Lets not forget the economy is getting better everyday, and that obamatards healthcare plan is going to be all, end all, and realistate is once again climbing. Yea, right along with gas prices.

Nevermind that people are trying to tear this Country apart, We're on the brink of war in another Country, terrorists are training IN THE USA, our rights are being stripped away, the dollar is worth about $.04, (Insert Truth Here)...

Nevermind all that. If the people knew the truth there just might be a revolution in this Country. We can't have this. We have to turn into the USSR first, then colapse, then tell the people it was their fault.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    This is the only move the administration has made that I have, and most likely ever will, agree with. The other day, the WSJ had some letters written by Iranians posted on thier website. This quote from one of the letters would support the administrations current stance.

"This is the first time an American president did not interfere with Iran's situation -- and it's a good thing. In the past, U.S. support for the protestors led the Iranian government to punish the people more, accusing them of being spies for or taking money from the U.S."

The powers that be in Iran have already sent out feelers implicating the U.S. and U.K. in the uprisings. Perhaps stronger language would do nothing but fuel Dinner Jacket's crackdown. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Again, I see a lot of partisan politics at play. We have gone from "Bomb, bomb, bomb...bomb, bomb, Iran" to "We need stronger support for the Iranians" pretty fast.

And just for schlitz and giggles.....Ron Paul's respsone to HR 560.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]I rise in reluctant opposition to H Res 560, which condemns the Iranian government for its recent actions during the unrest in that country. While I never condone violence, much less the violence that governments are only too willing to mete out to their own citizens, I am always very cautious about “condemning” the actions of governments overseas. As an elected member of the United States House of Representatives, I have always questioned our constitutional authority to sit in judgment of the actions of foreign governments of which we are not representatives. I have always hesitated when my colleagues rush to pronounce final judgment on events thousands of miles away about which we know very little. And we know very little beyond limited press reports about what is happening in Iran.

Of course I do not support attempts by foreign governments to suppress the democratic aspirations of their people, but when is the last time we condemned Saudi Arabia or Egypt or the many other countries where unlike in Iran there is no opportunity to exercise any substantial vote on political leadership? It seems our criticism is selective and applied when there are political points to be made. I have admired President Obama’s cautious approach to the situation in Iran and I would have preferred that we in the House had acted similarly.

I adhere to the foreign policy of our Founders, who advised that we not interfere in the internal affairs of countries overseas. I believe that is the best policy for the United States, for our national security and for our prosperity. I urge my colleagues to reject this and all similar meddling resolutions.
    [/FONT]

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    What will happen is Ahmadinejad will crack down.. and everyone will shut up.

Mummmm is the word. Shhhhhhh.
    Osamabama has it all under contol.

Hillary will demand that wonen's rights be upheld..... And the rioting will stop.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County

Dude, you forgot MSNBC.

But, seriously, I think we should stay out of this one. As bad as it sounds, militarily, we don't have the assets to send in peacekeepers if a revolution breaks out, and they are already pissed at us in that part of the world anyways. Let them figure it out. Last time we got involved over there, they took hostages. Besides, if we or any other western nation were to get involved in an overthrow/revolution type situation, it would take away legitimacy from any new government and would likely contribute to a second revolution/overthrow, just like last time..

I feel for the people though. But, they put themselves in this situation, they have to get themselves out.:dunno:

Top Bottom