Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Picked up a SW 422 today.
    Produced: 1987 - 1996
    A unique design feature of the 422 was the fact that the barrel resided in a low position in the frame just above the trigger guard.
    The barrel is non-moving and fixed to the frame.
    It came threaded from the factory, but the "barrel nut" was used to affix the barrel to the frame.
    This made this pistol line perfect for use with a suppressor with an aftermarket adapter since the sights could still be utilized.
    My research indicated that this was a reliable gun.
    Put 200 rounds through it today w/o a hiccup of any kind: that makes it more reliable than any other I've had: surprise. :)

OJVeaUd.jpg

TbW3cUF.jpg

AQevWIQ.jpg

21' on a hand rest.
    Started at the bottom adjusting the rear sights along the way to the top of the page.
    It started out shooting low, but might have been OK at further than 21'.
    Windage was always close.
    Former owner said he used it to shoot in a couple of 22 rimfire matches years ago in KY before he used another.
    08pBUts.jpg

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    that’s a beauty. Can’t wait to shoot it
    A unique design feature of the 422 was the fact that the barrel resided in a low position in the frame just above the trigger guard.
    It came threaded from the factory, but the "barrel nut" was used to affix the barrel to the frame.
    This made this pistol line perfect for use with a suppressor with an aftermarket adapter since the sights could still be utilized.
    Put 200 rounds through it today w/o a hiccup of any kind: that makes it more reliable than any other I've had: surprise. :)

OJVeaUd.jpg

TbW3cUF.jpg

AQevWIQ.jpg

21' on a hand rest.
    Started at the bottom adjusting the rear sights along the way to the top of the page.
    Former owner said he used it to shoot in a couple of 22 rimfire matches years ago in KY before he used another.
    08pBUts.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    whwn weather turns and point blank goes back to normal hours I’ll be going there a couple times a week of the evening. I may actually put some paper targets up at brother in laws this week and shoot them sp22 and couple of the new CZs on paper to see groups. Get spoiled with the steel plates. Hard to miss them
    That's what friends are for! :ingo:
    Got it dialed in today, so it's ready to go.
    You can shoot better free hand than I can on a rest, so I'd love to see you use targets instead of steel. :dunno:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    whwn weather turns and point blank goes back to normal hours I’ll be going there a couple times a week of the evening.
    I may actually put some paper targets up at brother in laws this week and shoot them sp22 and couple of the new CZs on paper to see groups.
    Get spoiled with the steel plates. Hard to miss them

Next time I see you I'll give you a couple of the targets I just got, especially the ones I found out in the garage when my wife & I got it ready for cold weather. :laugh:
    The 2 inch I used with the Taurus Tracker 970 revolver today is perfect for revolver use.
    The pic below only has 1 target used b/c I didn't have time to do more b/c I was having so much fun with the "practice" targets.
    I'll give you one of these 2", plus a couple of ones I'm going to use with the rifles.

NtVdsZZ.jpg

Here is an example of the 2 rifle targets I just got 100 each to use with rifles.
    uUQM5Aq.jpg

HfQHJ4F.jpg

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone know if the Eley Action and Action Plus rounds are really Eley Contact and Force rounds discounted for tarnished cases and bulk packaged?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

OJVeaUd.jpg

TbW3cUF.jpg

AQevWIQ.jpg

21' on a hand rest.
    08pBUts.jpg

I guess I missed this. Nice S&W, I remember selling these when they were new, they were a low cost alternative for more expensive guns of the time. Ones I have seen for sale have kept their value nicely.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Spent about four hours shooting rimfire a yesterday. Six inch steel plate at 50yds with pistols and couple rifles. First time I’ve really tried with pistols. Typically I’m 10 yards or less. Had a really good time. I was shocked how easy it was to hit with the pistols.

we then moved on to destroying pumpkins which was also a good time in its own way. My buckmark hunter was extremely impressive. It may quickly move into the role of my one gun to grab if going anywhere plinking may be an option. Down here in shelby county. Most social events happen in country and turn into plinking sessions quite often

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Spent about four hours shooting rimfire a yesterday. Six inch steel plate at 50yds with pistols and couple rifles. First time I’ve really tried with pistols. Typically I’m 10 yards or less. Had a really good time. I was shocked how easy it was to hit with the pistols.

we then moved on to destroying pumpkins which was also a good time in its own way. My buckmark hunter was extremely impressive. It may quickly move into the role of my one gun to grab if going anywhere plinking may be an option. Down here in shelby county. Most social events happen in country and turn into plinking sessions quite often

50 yards with a pistol, wow!
    What are you, 20 years old, with eyes like an eagle?!
    I have a Browning BuckMark Hunter with 7.25 inch barrel that I love.
    I sold it awhile back but ended up buying it back off who I sold it to months later.
    It is a better shooter then about anything else I have or equally as good.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Sorry no pictures but I just wanted to say that I shot a 5k rimfire Run-n-Gun match down in Cross Timbers MO (~1 hour West of Lake of the Ozarks) on Sunday.
    The event was held at the Lucas Oil Cattle Company ranch. It was a fun match after a grueling 10k center-fire Run-n-Gun on Saturday.
    Targets were all steel ranging from ~25-125 yards.

I shot the entire rimfire rifle match using a pistol & did not finish in last place. :rockwoot::):

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Sorry no pictures but I just wanted to say that I shot a 5k rimfire Run-n-Gun match down in Cross Timbers MO (~1 hour West of Lake of the Ozarks) on Sunday.
    The event was held at the Lucas Oil Cattle Company ranch. It was a fun match after a grueling 10k center-fire Run-n-Gun on Saturday.
    Targets were all steel ranging from ~25-125 yards.
    I shot the entire rimfire rifle match using a pistol & did not finish in last place. :rockwoot::):

You've got to tell me what you were using & what optic, if you used one.:popcorn:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Ive started getting a .22 itch again. The pistol I'm most interested in getting is the Ruger Mark IV 22/45.

Top Bottom