• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Early this year I picked up a CZ457 At-one. Finally had the chance to put the initial rounds through it today.

After a handful of sight-in rounds, it put together these groups. Eley Target with a suppressor (S is for suppressed) seems to be the winner.

Need to look at pillars or bedding and some adjustment to the scope arrangement but it shows early potential.

Bottom row was just messing around...

c67e6ba882cdbb0f80e99535efc6f8bf.jpg
    If this was the first range trip for sight in then I'd say "shows early potential" is quite an understatement.
    Did you get a 16" or 24" barrel?
    I want one but I'd prefer a 16" barrel and the retailers are stocked with 24". I'm fighting the urge to get one even if it isn't my preferred model.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    If this was the first range trip for sight in then I'd say "shows early potential" is quite an understatement.
    Did you get a 16" or 24" barrel?
    I want one but I'd prefer a 16" barrel and the retailers are stocked with 24". I'm fighting the urge to get one even if it isn't my preferred model.

I went with the 24” on the theory that I could always cut it down but I could not stretch the 16”....

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I picked up a Ruger American Rimfire .22lr:

Ruger American Rimfire 04.jpg

I sighted it in at 17 yards tonight (the club I belong to runs indoor matches at that range during the winter). Here's my best five shot group:

20201215 Grp 4.jpg

That was with CCI standard velocity. The gun and ammo were both purchased from other INGO users. Thanks.

Edit: I just noticed that this is post 1,500 for me. That means I might be getting close to 10 or so quality posts.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I picked up a Ruger American Rimfire .22lr:

View attachment 94836

I sighted it in at 17 yards tonight (the club I belong to runs indoor matches at that range during the winter). Here's my best five shot group:

View attachment 94837

That was with CCI standard velocity. The gun and ammo were both purchased from other INGO users. Thanks.

Edit: I just noticed that this is post 1,500 for me. That means I might be getting close to 10 or so quality posts.

That's pretty good. I'm still trying to find ammo my American Rimfire likes. CCI SV is not one of them.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    That's pretty good. I'm still trying to find ammo my American Rimfire likes. CCI SV is not one of them.

Thanks, the CCI SV was actually the first ammo I tried. Sometimes you get lucky. Also tried CCI clean in it. The high velocity clean did not group as well and had more flyers.

Because of the way ammo availability has been I've got a variety of brands to try in it. For steel challenge accuracy is not as important as reliability and mini-mags or CCI Clean have worked well for that. Bench rest shooting is as far from steel challenge as you get.

Something new to learn. :)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Bumping this thread because I miss Turbo (AreoFlyer09) being around here. He and this thread started a rimfire craze. Nothing against the offspring rimfire threads that developed, but this was the original rimfire thread and it'd be nice to see it remain someone current.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Ok, I have a question to ask, and I`m going to be REALLY vulnerable here...I was told by a gunsmith that did something for me on my old Remington 552 Speedmaster years ago, that the barrel was really leaded up! He said he got the lead out for me, but I never asked, and still don`t know: what kind of .22 ammo leads up a barrel? All .22`s? And how do I check to see if there`s leading in the barrel, and how do I remove that?

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Ok, I have a question to ask, and I`m going to be REALLY vulnerable here...I was told by a gunsmith that did something for me on my old Remington 552 Speedmaster years ago, that the barrel was really leaded up! He said he got the lead out for me, but I never asked, and still don`t know: what kind of .22 ammo leads up a barrel? All .22`s? And how do I check to see if there`s leading in the barrel, and how do I remove that?
    Yeah rimfire is the dirtiest. Shine a light into the barrel and take a look. Get a good bore cleaning solution (i.e. hoppes) and 22lr boresnake...use often

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    There are lead "solvents" that can help a little but a bronze brush and elbow grease are required to clean a badly leaded barrel. A few strands from a copper Chore Boy scrubbing pad wrapped around the brush helps.

As TTP said, get some light in the barrel and look. You can see lead streaks and in a badly leaded barrel the rifling can even be obscured.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Lead bullets with no copper jacket.

Take a look at the Taurus TX22 thread in here. They had a huge issue with the original barrels leading.

I've experienced serious leading twice. Once with the original barrel in my SW22 Victory using Remington Thunderbolts. And then using CCI SV and Aguila SV in my TX22 with the original barrel.

Cleaning with a bronze brush worked on both barrels for me. YMMV.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Picked up a SW 422 today.
    Produced: 1987 - 1996
    A unique design feature of the 422 was the fact that the barrel resided in a low position in the frame just above the trigger guard.
    The barrel is non-moving and fixed to the frame.
    It came threaded from the factory, but the "barrel nut" was used to affix the barrel to the frame.
    This made this pistol line perfect for use with a suppressor with an aftermarket adapter since the sights could still be utilized.
    My research indicated that this was a reliable gun.
    Put 200 rounds through it today w/o a hiccup of any kind: that makes it more reliable than any other I've had: surprise. :)

OJVeaUd.jpg

TbW3cUF.jpg

AQevWIQ.jpg

21' on a hand rest.
    Started at the bottom adjusting the rear sights along the way to the top of the page.
    It started out shooting low, but might have been OK at further than 21'.
    Windage was always close.
    Former owner said he used it to shoot in a couple of 22 rimfire matches years ago in KY before he used another.
    08pBUts.jpg
    Bought a 622 new about 25 years ago at the gun store on 37 going Moorseville. Still have it. It’s a fun accurate pistol to shoot.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Bumping this thread because I miss Turbo (AreoFlyer09) being around here. He and this thread started a rimfire craze. Nothing against the offspring rimfire threads that developed, but this was the original rimfire thread and it'd be nice to see it remain someone current.
    I feel the same way T-DOGG.
    He was one of my 1st contacts here on INGO & gave me much guidance.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Bought a 622 new about 25 years ago at the gun store on 37 going Moorseville. Still have it. It’s a fun accurate pistol to shoot.
    622? That's the stainless steel slide version. :thumbsup:
    I bought mine just to try out like dozens of others, but I can't let it go b/c it is so accurate.
    I've had someone who wanted to buy it but I've held on to it b/c of its uniqueness.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    More rimfire bbls have been ruined by overcleaning than shooting dirty. When accuracy falls off, clean the bore. Keeping the chamber scrubbed out once in a while helps keep extraction dependable. Clean from the chamber end please. That crown is very important to accuracy.
    I heard that Turbo's father passed from the Covid so he may still be grieving that loss.

Top Bottom