Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    New one in testing. A22 pro varmint

20200919224023.jpg

I read up on them: sounds promising!
    I have shot a friend's Savage bull barrel & it has shot as well as any CZ or Ruger I've bought so far even though I'm trying to prove I can beat the Savage, with either one of them.
    The verdict is still out.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Seems like a good shooter so far. Quick zero trip all of my groups stayed under moa. I'm sure my coffee didn't help my groups. Looking forward to testing more ammo.

PicsArt0921092412.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Was out shooting the CZ 452 yesterday , my first CZ bought 18 years ago. The conditions were fairly breezy and I went to my primary range which blocks a lot of wind with a hill/trees but they were having a trap shoot and range was closed. So off to my secondary range. The rings were loose both on the receiver and the scope itself. I tightened everything and the 1st group was left. Adjusted for the second was closer to center.

With the CZ I have lived with the long creepy trigger for all these years and I think I am finally going to get the trigger "fixed" more to my liking. I was using a 12X Burris.

Attachments

• a 1 CZ 452.jpg
      a 1 CZ 452.jpg
      25 KB · Views: 13

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Tried a lot of bulk ammo today. Nothing really shot great 10rd groups, average 1.5 Moa across the board. Surprisingly cci minimags shot amazing best group of the day was .6 Moa until I pulled #5. Solid shooting all morning. It failed to cycle cci quiet (720fps), but it ran gemtech and Aguila subs workout a hiccup, my tacsol had issues with gemtech so I'm happy there. It needs cleaned I imagine the groups will come back in after a quick cleaning.

I shot around 200 rounds today with the only fails coming from anemic subsonic rounds.

The trigger is the limiting factor at this point. I haven't adjusted it any but it's garbage as it comes from the factory. Gritty, heavy and long. I hate the blades in the center too. I'm going to work on it next week. It definition needs an adjustable cheek, I'm going to try a pad I have. The stock geometry is not comfortable prone

20200922092020.jpg

All targets are rapid fire. Patience, skill, and a better trigger would likely shrink these groups.

20200922092020.jpg

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Those MK’s on the 1st post are sweet!

I had one MK (MKII I think), but got rid of it shortly after buying it. I don’t regret selling it, but it just wasn’t reliable with the ammo I used.

Are they typically ammo-picky?? I would like to get another one, and my 10/22 has been one of my favorite guns for the past 30 years, it’s shot anything I’ve ever fed it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Both of my MK IV's have been a bit picky about ammo, unlike my S&W Victory 22. The Victory has run everything I've thrown at it just fine. Still enjoy both of my Mark IV's, but find the Victory to be a less picky eater ;)

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Getting this one together as a Christmas present for my daughter. She's been enjoying shooting my precision 10/22 I built a few years back, so I figured I'd build her one to call her own.

Scope just for pics. Will be putting a Vortex on it. Waiting on the trigger to come in yet as well.

I think she's gonna love it

how do you upload

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Nice, What trigger is it getting?

Just getting the Bx trigger. Should be here by end of the week

Man are they about impossible to find right now and almost double what I've paid in the past. Almost just sent the factory trigger to Brimstone. Still might do that anyway

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Got the tippmann out of the back of the safe and fit up some spares parts. Alg trigger, hk grip, aero scope mount, nikon lpvo, Steiner light, surefire hider, Midwest barricade block. It's a crazy fun 22.

PicsArt1010122114.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got the tippmann out of the back of the safe and fit up some spares parts. Alg trigger, hk grip, aero scope mount, nikon lpvo, Steiner light, surefire hider, Midwest barricade block. It's a crazy fun 22.

PicsArt1010122114.jpg

I recently picked one of these up (pistol) for CKW and she loves it.

I have been looking for an ALG trigger for it. We have them in other AR's and I like them.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Getting this one together as a Christmas present for my daughter. She's been enjoying shooting my precision 10/22 I built a few years back, so I figured I'd build her one to call her own.
    Scope just for pics. Will be putting a Vortex on it. Waiting on the trigger to come in yet as well.
    I think she's gonna love it

how do you upload

The perfect gift! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom