• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    :welcome: to INGO!

I just attempted to work one out with West Virginia recently. It took six months and was ultimately unsuccessful due to WV not being willing to recognize us without a "training class". I wrote to the Governor's office and the Lt. Governor's office and eventually ended up with some folks from ISP that were very helpful. Of the 24 states that do not recognize us, only 10 do recognize some other states, and those ten all require training or more strict laws than their own. With whom were you wishing to attempt an agreement?

Blessings,
    B

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Of the 24 states that do not recognize us, only 10 do recognize some other states, and those ten all require training or more strict laws than their own. With whom were you wishing to attempt an agreement?

So it sounds like there are 14 states that we should be concentrating on. It would be helpful if you could post a list of those 14 here (if it's not too much trouble).

Regards,

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I think ( well sometimes anyway ) that Ohio would be a good one to work on. The new Govenor seems to be very Pro gun.

What about people who were once reserve officers and certified in the ILEA pre basic course? Would they recognize a copy of the 40 hr affidavit as "good enough" to carry in their state?

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    What about people who were once reserve officers and certified in the ILEA pre basic course? Would they recognize a copy of the 40 hr affidavit as "good enough" to carry in their state?

What do you mean by certified pre basic course? Do you mean the reserve officers course? If so, they don't or didn't in my time give affidavits, reserves were issured certificates upon completion of the reserve officer course. No your certificate would not be acceptable to carry in Ohio you would have to be an active officer with ID, or a retiree with Id and certificate of qualification. Perhaps one of the active full time officers will have more Info.

Last edited:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    What do you mean by certified pre basic course? Do you mean the reserve officers course? If so, they don't or didn't in my time give affidavits, reserves were issured certificates upon completion of the reserve officer course. No your certificate would not be acceptable to carry in Ohio you would have to be an active officer with ID, or a retiree with Id and certificate of qualification. Perhaps one of the active full time officers will have more Info.

Yep - they sent the origional affidavits to the ILEA records dept and we got to keep a copy as well as the certificate of completion for the 40hr basic. I know according to the HR bill passed a few years ago - they recognized my department ID as good enough. I think Ohio should recognize Indiana permits - but oh well better to be here in this great state than not be armed.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Here's the deal. It's not a collective bargaining deal. States that have stringent standards, such as training and testing, for acquiring a carry permit do not recognize, or reciprocate with, states which require no training or instruction. This is why the Utah permit, for example, is a popular one to obtain. Make sense now?

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    If other states perfer not to recognise our LTCH - dont go to other states! That is why I dislike our neihbors - and dont visit their states :ranton:

Top Bottom