• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Last Atterbury KD I did was 40's and non stop rain on Saturday. Nothing like paying to be cold and wet for 8 or 10 hours!
    The cold isn't bad if you are geared up for it. I'm not a hunter or much of an outdoorsman for that matter. I just like to shoot rifles. I have no cold weather gear other than my $18 Realtree coat I got at Walmart. I may have a pair of gloves and a stocking cap in my truck for emergencies.

Matt

What size pants and coat do you wear? I have tons of cold weather stuff. Including waterproof stuff. Even if I don't make it, I can arrange that it's there for you.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Last Atterbury KD I did was 40's and non stop rain on Saturday. Nothing like paying to be cold and wet for 8 or 10 hours!
    The cold isn't bad if you are geared up for it. I'm not a hunter or much of an outdoorsman for that matter. I just like to shoot rifles. I have no cold weather gear other than my $18 Realtree coat I got at Walmart. I may have a pair of gloves and a stocking cap in my truck for emergencies.

Matt

I would imagine, someone on here would be happy to throw an extra poncho in the truck for you.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    What size pants and coat do you wear? I have tons of cold weather stuff. Including waterproof stuff. Even if I don't make it, I can arrange that it's there for you.

2XL coat, 38-32 jeans. Typical fat American!
    I'll let you know when I'm signed up so you don't drag out gear that's not needed if I can't make it.

Matt

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    2XL coat, 38-32 jeans. Typical fat American!
    I'll let you know when I'm signed up so you don't drag out gear that's not needed if I can't make it.

Matt

Ive got a set of xl insulated bibs that will fit you, but not a coat that big. Let me know when you buy the tix and I'll make sure it's there 1 way or another.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I would qualify after having taken the week-long Appleseed bootcamp, right?

I really hope RR offers this same class in warmer weather. I'll sign up, promise!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I would qualify after having taken the week-long Appleseed bootcamp, right?

I really hope RR offers this same class in warmer weather. I'll sign up, promise!

This is one of the KD shoots I spoke to you about. The fundamentals are all the same... but now you take it to the next level to learn your wind adjustments & holdovers as you move further back... I highly recommend it!

And yeah, I was at the last shoot... Jan/Feb would be much betterer!

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I'm all signed up! I've attended a few Appleseeds (Nashville, Noblesville, and Crawfordsville) in the past...looking forward to expanding my range a bit at this event. Met some GREAT people in the process and can't wait to meet more.

I'll hopefully be able to get some decent dope on this new beauty I put together not long ago as well. Using Black Hills 77 grain Sierra MatchKing HP .223 ammo for this event. Pew pew!

Service Rifle.JPG
    Info on gun: White Oak Armament Service Rifle Upper, 1:7 twist, 20" barrel, CMT forged lower, Geissele high-speed service rifle trigger, Magpul UBR stock, Magpul MOE+ grip, Leupold Mark AR MOD-1 1.5-4x scope, White Oak Armament 10 MOA cantilevered scope rail...and a good ol' USGI cotton M1 sling!

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    That sounds like a tack driver hammerd13!

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna rock the K31 wearing MoJo aperture sights. I only have the one # matching mag and no feeder clips (edit - ordered 2 charger clips from ebay). I'm probably going to clip on a modern style sling though. The Swiss leather one won't make a good loop sling.

Last edited:

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    That sounds like a tack driver hammerd13!

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna rock the K31 wearing MoJo aperture sights. I only have the one # matching mag and no feeder clips (edit - ordered 2 charger clips from ebay). I'm probably going to clip on a modern style sling though. The Swiss leather one won't make a good loop sling.

I should have an extra mag or two for the Swiss rifle if you want to borrow? I still have that other stuff for you too.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Thank heavens someone else is taking a scary black gun. This was beginning to sound like the "antique roadshow".

I'm all signed up! I've attended a few Appleseeds (Nashville, Noblesville, and Crawfordsville) in the past...looking forward to expanding my range a bit at this event. Met some GREAT people in the process and can't wait to meet more.

I'll hopefully be able to get some decent dope on this new beauty I put together not long ago as well. Using Black Hills 77 grain Sierra MatchKing HP .223 ammo for this event. Pew pew!

View attachment 52336
    Info on gun: White Oak Armament Service Rifle Upper, 1:7 twist, 20" barrel, CMT forged lower, Geissele high-speed service rifle trigger, Magpul UBR stock, Magpul MOE+ grip, Leupold Mark AR MOD-1 1.5-4x scope, White Oak Armament 10 MOA cantilevered scope rail...and a good ol' USGI cotton M1 sling!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Nad63
    You are not allow to make fun of my weapons light at this event.
    I will not tell the others that we can actually hit targets at 300 yards offhand with varmit rifles!

Top Bottom